LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

My point about Boone is that he went out of his way to ridicule the accurate Harbaugh reports last season; NOW he's credible? Nope.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bet half the team, if not more, quit on harbaugh before last season.

Harbaugh just has one of those personalities that rub people the wrong way. he's a strange dude. Surprised he's still married.

This

Glad we got a super chill new coach who never loses his cool and speaks English really well.

lol at thinking Tomsula's bludgeon thing is anything like Harbaugh's childlike cereal aisle temper tantrums on the sidelines.

who said that? Harbuagh was all about telling the refs who made horrible calls what he thought, I liked that.
his little child temper tantrums wore on alot of fans, and probably wore on refs and players as well. it was also used as a mask to coverup the fact he had no clue how to run a nfl playclock, how to use timeouts or use a little red flag. his little cute catch phrases were no longer cute last year to many, i am convinced that this whole win with class stuff is directly aimed at the former coach, and rightfully so. in regards to boone, no you do not say that stuff in the middle of the season when we were were still,, barely, but still alive for some post season stuff.. even then you heard things leaking out about the vets rolling their eyes at him. it did not fit some peoples narrative that the former coach was bill walsh the second so they chose to ignore it and continued to chant "whos got it better" with a glassy look on their eyes after we get blown out by the raiders and blew multiple half time leads
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I totally respect Boone for what he said

I totally don't.

I would have had no issue if Boone said this negative stuff before Harb's left. I'd have no issue if Boone said nothing before Harb's left, but Boone comes off as a total kiss-a$$ by saying how great Harbs was and how the players all supported him when Harbs was still the coach, and now saying the opposite after the coach gets fired.

Did boone have a sudden change of heart? I doubt it.....he was just sucking up to the coach and now the truth comes out when he doesn't have to anymore. Say what you mean and mean what you say Boone.

I've lost all respect for Boone. Won't believe anything he says anymore.
oh, but then some believe garcia when he trashes the front office,,, hahaha
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Yeah I have no problem with Boone the player... Want him to do well for the team.

His comments seem cowardice to me. If you don't want to rock the boat don't praise him so highly during the season. Now that Harbs is gone you speak the truth. Pretty Lame.

Boone is changing his tune because he wants a contract again. He knows there was an upper management struggle and Harbs lost. I just think he is changing gears to show Trent he is on his side. If you really want to move on it's easy to just not talk about it. He held out last offseason. He backed Harbs mid season. Now it sounds like he's kissing Trent's butt.

LOL, wut? He just got a 5 year extension. He won his battle. He won't be getting another until this one is done or close to it.
Who just got a 5 year extension?

Boone is entering the last season of his contract, and that's a very interesting point (bolded) that could have some validity.
LOL, wut? He just got a 5 year extension. He won his battle. He won't be getting another until this one is done or close to it.

Boone just got a 5 year extension???? I must have missed that completely as this is the first I've heard of it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

My point about Boone is that he went out of his way to ridicule the accurate Harbaugh reports last season; NOW he's credible? Nope.
you are using the king of mr flip flop on the former coach as your ammunition,, do i really have to begin on how many things are wrong with that?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Boone is the man!

lol, no. He's a b***h ass p***y.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Yeah I have no problem with Boone the player... Want him to do well for the team.

His comments seem cowardice to me. If you don't want to rock the boat don't praise him so highly during the season. Now that Harbs is gone you speak the truth. Pretty Lame.

Boone is changing his tune because he wants a contract again. He knows there was an upper management struggle and Harbs lost. I just think he is changing gears to show Trent he is on his side. If you really want to move on it's easy to just not talk about it. He held out last offseason. He backed Harbs mid season. Now it sounds like he's kissing Trent's butt.

Who just got a 5 year extension?

My mistake. I knew he had his contract re-worked, I thought it was an extension. He just got paid.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

you are using the king of mr flip flop on the former coach as your ammunition,, do i really have to begin on how many things are wrong with that?

Just because you don't like someone doesn't make what they said wrong.
Alex Boone misses mandatory training camp and demands to be paid as much as the other guys on the line who have worked their ass off to earn their spot. Now he complains that harbaugh was making him work to hard... Harbaugh was setting u up to succeed and instead Boone used it as an opportunity to fail. The guy obviously has no work ethic and thinks that now that he is in the nfl it's all over and he has a free ride to retirement. Jed, plz don't give Boone another dollar. Boone is gonna be real suprised when these hungry guys like Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas take over both guard positions because they actually have the drive to succeed instead of kicking back skipping practice and asking more pay.
[ Edited by Jax49er on Apr 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM ]

Except in Kawakami's case. Whatever he writes is is either fictional, distorted or spun bad. He is not a reliable source.
[ Edited by English on Apr 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM ]

Kamakazi doesn't even realize he denounced his own credibility...

I'm thinking of the scene close to the end of North Dallas Forty, when Matusak picks the coach up by his collar (Charles Durning) and screams in his face, but the player is Boone and the guy he's got by the collar is Kawakami.

I'd actually just like Boone to play a lot better and shut up, but at the same time, I think he's probably expressing something that a lot of the veterans on the team felt about the situation. And, you defend a guy when he's there - doesn't mean you have to keep on defending him when he leaves.

Doesn't make it right either...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Except in Kawakami's case. Whatever he writes is is either fictional, distorted or spun bad. He is not a reliable source.

I used to be in that camp. I am still blocked by him on twitter. But i have come around to believing most of what he says. His problem is he is a massive jerk about most things so its just easier for people to dismiss what he says.
Share 49ersWebzone