LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here are Boone's remarks

"He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom," 49ers guard Alex Boone tells Kremer. "But after a while, you just want to kick his ass. . . . He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."

"I think he just pushed guys too far. He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, 'We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.' And you'd be like, 'This guy might be clinically insane. He's crazy.' . . . I think that if you're stuck in your ways enough, eventually people are just going to say, 'Listen, we just can't work with this.'"

"The players had nothing to do with him getting fired,"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/19/wearing-out-welcome-isnt-new-for-jim-harbaugh/

Boone stated his opinions. He said what he wanted to say both before and after the departure of Harbaugh.

Boone exercised his right of free speech.

As a member of the team, as a man who have overcome a drinking problem, as an undrafted free agent who earned a starting job, he can say what he wants.

Others can worry about what he was supposed to say.

Put me down with Buck.
The anger at Boone is hilarious.
The day Harbaugh was hired reporters were saying that he had a short shelf life. Each player that departed here would give hints about Harbaughs tired act and they would get roasted by fans. Maybe these harbaugh-ites will finally see that this guy was way overmatched here in the pros. Some of us saw it early on. Some here still think harbaugh was the best coach we've ever had. Personally I hate the SOB for wasting some of the best teams we've had since the good ole days of JOE and Jerry. I thought the FO should have dropped the fire Roman ultimatum on Harbs the day after we s**t away the super bowl.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Apr 19, 2015 at 9:18 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Here are Boone's remarks

"He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom," 49ers guard Alex Boone tells Kremer. "But after a while, you just want to kick his ass. . . . He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."

"I think he just pushed guys too far. He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, 'We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.' And you'd be like, 'This guy might be clinically insane. He's crazy.' . . . I think that if you're stuck in your ways enough, eventually people are just going to say, 'Listen, we just can't work with this.'"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/19/wearing-out-welcome-isnt-new-for-jim-harbaugh/

Boone stated his opinions. He said what he wanted to say both before and after the departure of Harbaugh.

As a member of the team, as a man who have overcome a drinking problem, as an undrafted free agent who earned a starting job, he can say what he wants.

That doesn't mean what I think you think it means.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This dude should just STFU last yr he told the media there wasnt any issue in this locker room about it being toxic & everybody was behind Harbaugh but now that the season is over & Harbaugh is gone now he wants to make a complete 360 n throw Harbaugh underneath the bus. WHAT A EFFN HYPOCRITE.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article18933750.html

I think there were inklings of what Boone said going on last season. There were also reports from San Diego that he (JH) "cast a large shadow." Others said he "wore people out." Numerous writers suggested that he "had a short shelf life." Boone was just stating the obvious now.

Boone was being a good company man last season by defending JH but there comes a time when you just look stupid being a "company man" when everyone can see what is going on.

Baalke and York "moved away" from Harbaugh when it became obvious he was over-matched in the pro game.

Good riddance. People need to quit fretting about Harbaugh. Tomsula has more pro experience and a pro resume behind his enthusiasm unlike Harbaugh. If Kaepernick can play, this team will win more games than last season, and in this division, that will be an accomplishment.

Let the games begin.

Going to 3 straight conference championships, 1 Super Bowl and coming within 5 yards of winning it all is hardly being "over-matched." His personality clearly isn't ideal for sustained success in the NFL game, but the on-field success in the first 3 years is actually almost "unmatched."
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by buck:
Here are Boone's remarks

That doesn't mean what I think you think it means.

OK. Maybe. I get confused.

exercise = use or apply (a faculty, right, or process)

Should I have said that Boone exercised his right to free speech?

Help!!

Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lol wanting to kick a coaches ass. Ok percy harvin. Boone back on the booze or somthing?

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. Somebody tell boone to shut up and block something. Hugs can come after you're traded or retire.

Yeah. I'm sure a few people wanted to kick Boone's ass for holding out after signing an extension. But we worked with him and its all good now. I like Boone and we need him to step it up this year for coach.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 19, 2015 at 11:25 PM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
The anger at Boone is hilarious.
The day Harbaugh was hired reporters were saying that he had a short shelf life. Each player that departed here would give hints about Harbaughs tired act and they would get roasted by fans. Maybe these harbaugh-ites will finally see that this guy was way overmatched here in the pros. Some of us saw it early on. Some here still think harbaugh was the best coach we've ever had. Personally I hate the SOB for wasting some of the best teams we've had since the good ole days of JOE and Jerry. I thought the FO should have dropped the fire Roman ultimatum on Harbs the day after we s**t away the super bowl.

I think its possible to admit that Harbaugh did a great job as coach of this team but isnt the most stable guy and likely to wear out his welcome pretty quickly regardless of how successful he is without being contradictory.

He seems like a guy who just wears on people around him after awhile, good guy, good coach but I'm feeling like he always will have an early expiration date with players which is why I think the college game is perfect for him. Complete roster turnover every 3-4 years.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This dude should just STFU last yr he told the media there wasnt any issue in this locker room about it being toxic & everybody was behind Harbaugh but now that the season is over & Harbaugh is gone now he wants to make a complete 360 n throw Harbaugh underneath the bus. WHAT A EFFN HYPOCRITE.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article18933750.html

I think there were inklings of what Boone said going on last season. There were also reports from San Diego that he (JH) "cast a large shadow." Others said he "wore people out." Numerous writers suggested that he "had a short shelf life." Boone was just stating the obvious now.

Boone was being a good company man last season by defending JH but there comes a time when you just look stupid being a "company man" when everyone can see what is going on.

Baalke and York "moved away" from Harbaugh when it became obvious he was over-matched in the pro game.

Good riddance. People need to quit fretting about Harbaugh. Tomsula has more pro experience and a pro resume behind his enthusiasm unlike Harbaugh. If Kaepernick can play, this team will win more games than last season, and in this division, that will be an accomplishment.

Let the games begin.

Going to 3 straight conference championships, 1 Super Bowl and coming within 5 yards of winning it all is hardly being "over-matched." His personality clearly isn't ideal for sustained success in the NFL game, but the on-field success in the first 3 years is actually almost "unmatched."

Exactly. Do you think Bill Belichick's players complain about him working them too hard? This is the f**kin NFL.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Exactly. Do you think Bill Belichick's players complain about him working them too hard? This is the f**kin NFL.

Probably because Belichick isn't as unhinged as Harbaugh. There's demanding and there's over the top intense to where it just burns people out completely and they stop buying what you're selling them. You have to strike the right balance, otherwise everything is just being based off of emotion and when you pull those strings too often, it completely loses the desired effect.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think its possible to admit that Harbaugh did a great job as coach of this team but isnt the most stable guy and likely to wear out his welcome pretty quickly regardless of how successful he is without being contradictory.

He seems like a guy who just wears on people around him after awhile, good guy, good coach but I'm feeling like he always will have an early expiration date with players which is why I think the college game is perfect for him. Complete roster turnover every 3-4 years.

It worked for Parcells for years. I view Jim a lot like Bill. Bill left some teams in capable hands that continued success after he left too.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Probably because Belichick isn't as unhinged as Harbaugh. There's demanding and there's over the top intense to where it just burns people out completely and they stop buying what you're selling them. You have to strike the right balance, otherwise everything is just being based off of emotion and when you pull those strings too often, it completely loses the desired effect.

Especially if the players aren't buying into the X's and O's laid out by the coaches, which we had players comment about through the year I should add.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
It worked for Parcells for years. I view Jim a lot like Bill. Bill left some teams in capable hands that continued success after he left too.

Took the words right outta my mouth lol. Some of the stories Ive heard from Phil Simms and numerous others are waaaay worse than anything said of Harbaugh. To this day though, they still love him to death. The big difference between the two imho is the rings, it prolly made things more bearable.

Lol Harbaugh should have called VD "she" in an interview during last season to motivate him considering his virtual disappearance.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think the problem with Harbaugh was intensity without direction or reflection: he was all drive but on one particular road and when he came up against an obstacle he could not think around it, he'd just keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping to wear it down. Hence the lack of varied game plans for different opponents and utter lack of situational play calling.

Relentless intensity in the wrong or predictable direction is not going to win championships.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think the problem with Harbaugh was intensity without direction or reflection: he was all drive but on one particular road and when he came up against an obstacle he could not think around it, he'd just keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping to wear it down. Hence the lack of varied game plans for different opponents and utter lack of situational play calling.

Relentless intensity in the wrong or predictable direction is not going to win championships.

Yes unfortunately for us it didn't. We had three we let get away from us. And I thought Brandon Jacobs was full of it at the time. Thx Jim but we just had to move on
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Buchy:

Yes unfortunately for us it didn't. We had three we let get away from us. And I thought Brandon Jacobs was full of it at the time. Thx Jim but we just had to move on

Brandon Jacobs was full of it. He was pissed because he was lower than 3rd. Jacobs was being a selfish puss while everyone else was still buying in.
Share 49ersWebzone