LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
It's just ironic to me that a guy wants more money so he forfeits a workout bonus to try and a prove a point?

Sets a precedent with the team ... you can't be trusted once you agree to a deal that you'll look to renegotiate later. Those players tend not to stick around on a Baalke team.

Yet Gore is still here.
He's underpaid, but he has to understand the situation with the team right now. Limited cap room and we won't know what we're working with until we get the Kaepernick and Crabtree contracts worked out. Unless you are a superstar, you can't expect the team to look into offering you a big deal with two years left on your contract. With that said, I think if Alex Boone gets his stuff together, he'll be extended in 2015. We'll have some cap relief with the contracts of our starting center and left guard. He's pretty versatile and I suspect he'll be here longterm. It's not often you can get a guy that can play both guard and tackle and do it well.
Originally posted by kray28:
It's just ironic to me that a guy wants more money so he forfeits a workout bonus to try and a prove a point?

Sets a precedent with the team ... you can't be trusted once you agree to a deal that you'll look to renegotiate later. Those players tend not to stick around on a Baalke team.

Yet Gore is still here.

Gore had significantly more leverage. We had Booby, Hunter returning from an achilles and a poor pass protecting 2nd year player behind him. We have more depth on our oline atm.

Gore is a 49ers legend, Boone is not.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for rxrunner.
don't forget that niners gave him a chance after his AA
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by kray28:

Yet Gore is still here.

Gore had significantly more leverage. We had Booby, Hunter returning from an achilles and a poor pass protecting 2nd year player behind him. We have more depth on our oline atm.

Gore is a 49ers legend, Boone is not.

Yup. Gore has paid his dues and has tenure. He can make certain requests like a new contract. He has taken ALOT of abuse here with these loaded boxes on loser teams. He has struggled through blown knees, busted hips and a whole lot more. Plus i think denise has a special relationship with gore and probably told the F/O to make sure he gets what he deserves.

Boone was an boozer when we found him on the streets and just recently became a starter. He needs to shut his trap and play his ass off so his new contract will be bigger. Comparing his situation to gore's is unfair.

Without the niners, boone's life could of been a mess. He should be grateful.

Without the niners, gore would of been fine. And the niners should be and have been grateful.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rxrunner:
don't forget that niners gave him a chance after his AA

lol so what?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Bad move by Boone, he should have waited until next year to pull this s**t.

Agreed. He has 2 years left on his deal, same for Vernon, who by the way is the 3rd highest paid TE in the league.

I can see something done for either Boone or VD, not sure both, $6M isn't a lot, and Kap is more pressing, as we have no QB under contract for 2015 outside of Faulkner, and McBLT.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Agreed. He has 2 years left on his deal, same for Vernon, who by the way is the 3rd highest paid TE in the league.

I can see something done for either Boone or VD, not sure both, $6M isn't a lot, and Kap is more pressing, as we have no QB under contract for 2015 outside of Faulkner, and McBLT.

We have to assume the kap deal will get done then right?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

In a perfect world, the details are done, and we needed to wait on the Rogers june 1st money. I'm sure if not done, it's close. I hope so at least.
The 49ers will not bend on his contract. That will send a bad message to all vets. Let him sit out the year if he wants. Looney would do fine. Or even Marcus Martin. Or if MM wins the job over Kilgore, Kilgore could play for boone.

So you think the backups will have us not skip a beat? 3 players with maybe 50 snaps between them replacing a pro bowl talent...?

Originally posted by jreff22:
The 49ers will not bend on his contract. That will send a bad message to all vets. Let him sit out the year if he wants. Looney would do fine. Or even Marcus Martin. Or if MM wins the job over Kilgore, Kilgore could play for boone.

So you think the backups will have us not skip a beat? 3 players with maybe 50 snaps between them replacing a pro bowl talent...?

I think we have great depth, but some people overrate that depth.
Boone should've slapped Sherman.

IJS.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Boone should've slapped Sherman.

IJS.

Trent Williams part deux!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

In a perfect world, the details are done, and we needed to wait on the Rogers june 1st money. I'm sure if not done, it's close. I hope so at least.

This is what I have been hoping for.
Gore is a legend. But everyone has a shelf life in the NFL.

By "thinking about moving on" do you mean " not serious about improving our pass rush and corner back play"?
Share 49ersWebzone