There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
So Snyder is hurt now?


I kind of see that as "addition by subtraction."

Seriously, was anyone banking on Snyder making the team?

I just wanted him to stay healthy so he could eat up some reps! That way maybe the likelihood someone else gets injured is less.
So are we at the point now where a trade is really possible??? I know we've only had one preseason game and I think a trade would be a huge mistake!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So are we at the point now where a trade is really possible??? I know we've only had one preseason game and I think a trade would be a huge mistake!
You're not the only one. Baalke would agree with you which is exactly why Boone is right where he will sit on reserve/not reporting until he finally has no recourse but to report
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
So Snyder is hurt now?


I kind of see that as "addition by subtraction."

I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So are we at the point now where a trade is really possible??? I know we've only had one preseason game and I think a trade would be a huge mistake!
You're not the only one. Baalke would agree with you which is exactly why Boone is right where he will sit on reserve/not reporting until he finally has no recourse but to report

I agree.

I don't think any team is willing to part ways with what the 49ers would require to have the trade make sense. IMO, there are two positions the 49ers would most likely require for a swap: Quality CB or Quality DT. Very few teams have a surplus of Quality at either position.

So, Boone sits until he financially has to come back.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So are we at the point now where a trade is really possible??? I know we've only had one preseason game and I think a trade would be a huge mistake!
You're not the only one. Baalke would agree with you which is exactly why Boone is right where he will sit on reserve/not reporting until he finally has no recourse but to report

I agree.

I don't think any team is willing to part ways with what the 49ers would require to have the trade make sense. IMO, there are two positions the 49ers would most likely require for a swap: Quality CB or Quality DT. Very few teams have a surplus of Quality at either position.

So, Boone sits until he financially has to come back.

Well, the trade would almost certainly be for draft pick(s). In theory, I am not opposed to trading Boone for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. That is pretty good value in exchange for an UDFA. My preference is still to use the Boone situation to send a message. Do give him an extension (unless he reports), impose all of the fines, and generally move on without him. When he reports, he should be slotted as a backup until he wins his job back.

If he does not play for two years, he will have almost no value as a FA.
Iupati is better than Boone anyway. If it was a choice between Iupati and Boone, I would much prefer Iupati. If Boone is demanding similar money to Iupati....
Originally posted by jreff22:
I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now

Seymour, Martin, Martin, Kilgore, Bykowski........I really wish Marquardt hadnt gotten hurt again, he would have had a legit shot to make the roster.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 18,779
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Iupati is better than Boone anyway. If it was a choice between Iupati and Boone, I would much prefer Iupati. If Boone is demanding similar money to Iupati....

I'm not so sure. The ability to play the tackle position at a very high level elevates Boone's value. I understand why he wants to get paid more, he's just going about it in a really bad way.
The more camp Boone misses the higher the likelihood he gets injured when he does come back. Chance of a good outcome is getting less and less.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now

Seymour, Martin, Martin, Kilgore, Bykowski........I really wish Marquardt hadnt gotten hurt again, he would have had a legit shot to make the roster.

Kilgore is a starter....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,315
Originally posted by rapid4:
The more camp Boone misses the higher the likelihood he gets injured when he does come back. Chance of a good outcome is getting less and less.

Yeah, and laying on the couch eating Doritos all day isn't going to help either.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,044
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole

Bucs & NYG, 5-6 teams to be potential players in any Boone trade. 49ers could land Day 2 pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158930-insider-buzz-nyg-and-tb-frontrunners-for-boone-trade-raiders-eyeing-la-stadium
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole

Bucs & NYG, 5-6 teams to be potential players in any Boone trade. 49ers could land Day 2 pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158930-insider-buzz-nyg-and-tb-frontrunners-for-boone-trade-raiders-eyeing-la-stadium

Baalke would be a fool if he traded Boone for anything less than a mid to high 2nd round pick and a 3rd or 4th the following season depending on playing time.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole

Bucs & NYG, 5-6 teams to be potential players in any Boone trade. 49ers could land Day 2 pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158930-insider-buzz-nyg-and-tb-frontrunners-for-boone-trade-raiders-eyeing-la-stadium

"Day 2" now means 2nd or 3rd round right?