LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I agree with Snot, not really, I just wanted to say "Snot".
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM ]
I agree with Bubbles, and I also wanted to say, "Bubbles."
Alex Boone smokes crack?
Originally posted by SnotBubbles:
Originally posted by random49er:

I am all in favor of these players being locked out until they get a better deal from these owners when the next CBA is negotiated.

The players don't lock themselves out, they go on strike if they want things changed. The owners, if they feel like they can negotiate a better deal, are the ones that will lock the players out.

Just clarifying.

lol but of course,....which is why I referred to them "being locked out" when this CBA is up,...not locking themselves out. When the last CBA expired in 2011, the players were locked out the next morning. This is inferred but thanks, I guess.
So Snyder is hurt now?

Originally posted by jreff22:
So Snyder is hurt now?

I kind of see that as "addition by subtraction."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So Snyder is hurt now?

Seriously, was anyone banking on Snyder making the team?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
So Snyder is hurt now?

Seriously, was anyone banking on Snyder making the team?

I just wanted him to stay healthy so he could eat up some reps! That way maybe the likelihood someone else gets injured is less.
So are we at the point now where a trade is really possible??? I know we've only had one preseason game and I think a trade would be a huge mistake!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So are we at the point now where a trade is really possible??? I know we've only had one preseason game and I think a trade would be a huge mistake!
You're not the only one. Baalke would agree with you which is exactly why Boone is right where he will sit on reserve/not reporting until he finally has no recourse but to report

So Snyder is hurt now?

I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You're not the only one. Baalke would agree with you which is exactly why Boone is right where he will sit on reserve/not reporting until he finally has no recourse but to report

I agree.

I don't think any team is willing to part ways with what the 49ers would require to have the trade make sense. IMO, there are two positions the 49ers would most likely require for a swap: Quality CB or Quality DT. Very few teams have a surplus of Quality at either position.

So, Boone sits until he financially has to come back.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I agree.

I don't think any team is willing to part ways with what the 49ers would require to have the trade make sense. IMO, there are two positions the 49ers would most likely require for a swap: Quality CB or Quality DT. Very few teams have a surplus of Quality at either position.

So, Boone sits until he financially has to come back.

Well, the trade would almost certainly be for draft pick(s). In theory, I am not opposed to trading Boone for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. That is pretty good value in exchange for an UDFA. My preference is still to use the Boone situation to send a message. Do give him an extension (unless he reports), impose all of the fines, and generally move on without him. When he reports, he should be slotted as a backup until he wins his job back.

If he does not play for two years, he will have almost no value as a FA.
Iupati is better than Boone anyway. If it was a choice between Iupati and Boone, I would much prefer Iupati. If Boone is demanding similar money to Iupati....
I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now

Seymour, Martin, Martin, Kilgore, Bykowski........I really wish Marquardt hadnt gotten hurt again, he would have had a legit shot to make the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone