There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Alex Boone Appreciation Thread!!!!!

idk... I don't think he holds out for big money, because it doesn't look good if he is looking for any big money. He knows our other guard is due for an extension this year. He may be attempting to get a better deal by the beginning of the season but hopefully this doesn't drag on deep into camp. All the sudden we are extremely thin at Guard... but we have 2 of the top 10-15 IMO. ironic
This what happens when u get a Rhino named after you, you let the fame get to you, smh smh
lol silly boone we have young upcoming OL you aint gonna get no raise.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Alex Boone once gave me a videotape of him having sex with my wife, and it was the most beautiful damn thing I ever saw!

Ha ha chaze! You have the holy grail
When our existence ends, and new species discovers that tape! It will make our existence surely missed ha
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bad move, should wait until next year to hold out.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If he wants an extension, I think that might be doable. With 2 years left, the leverage is on the 49ers side. On the other hand, if he is unrealistic, force him to play out his contract. I believe his contract worked out to 4 million per year, if I remember correctly.
DISAPOINTED is the word that comes to mind. It is not like he signed a bad contract, it was a generous contract at the time for person who never was a starter. If I was GM, if Boone sits outs mandatory camp I would fine him per the contract, then a renogiation would be off the table if the hold out went into the regular season. He would have to play out his contract, period.
Id love to see boones contract extended! But to what price? Niners have to extend kaep, aldon, hopefuls crabs, iupati, boone is much more likely then iupati. And may get a great deal on like they staley contract...
Has the rhino fallen off the wagon? what's up with this holdout? some people...given a new lease after being picked off the scrapheap he should be grateful and have a little patience.
Boooooone
More like Alex Boone Depreciation thread.
Alex Thanks for your hard work...
You came into the league with issues...
But turned it around to your success...
Funny thing is, your getting better and do not lose that nastiness you have on the front line.
I don't blame any of these players for wanting more money. It's a particularly dangerous area of show biz and these careers don't last long.
Originally posted by 16to87:
Has the rhino fallen off the wagon? what's up with this holdout? some people...given a new lease after being picked off the scrapheap he should be grateful and have a little patience.

It's not a holdout technically. OTA's are voluntary.
STFU and have another good year and then ask for a raise. You signed the contract.