LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Disp:
Let's be honest; Boone is pretty underpaid. Yes he signed the deal, but he has definitely outperformed his contract even if he wasn't as good last year as he was in 2012. I can't hate on the guy for wanting a raise. Honestly, I've been extremely surprised for years that Staley hasn't demanded a pay raise. He's been one of the best tackles in the game and there have been guys at his position making 4x as much as he has for years.

That's a solid point. Would the Niners pay Boone more than their perennial pro bowl left tackle?
Harbaugh and Baalke gonna tell Boone to hang out with Aldon and Ahmad for a week, then start negotiations
Pretty weak. You don't hold out half way through a 4 year deal. Just unprofessional in my opinion.

Yes, he is a solid player and somebody I think we should keep around at the right price. He and Staley both deserve raises. But YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT!

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting Blaine Gabbert and giving his salary to Staley and Boone.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
That's a solid point. Would the Niners pay Boone more than their perennial pro bowl left tackle?

Boone doesn't have much leverage here at all. He has "outperformed" his contract but with two years left on the current deal and guys like Marcus Martin, Daniel Kilgore and Brandon Thomas waiting around I don't see why the 49ers would offer Boone anything more than a slight bump in pay. It takes some major balls to demand a new contract when the franchise has guys like Aldon Smith Michael Crabtree, and Collin Kaepernick to re-sign.

I understand that Boone needs to think about himself but at the same time he needs to be realistic. The 49ers can not afford to offer him more than a marginal increase in pay. Sorry Boone, but you might have to actually live up to your end of the bargain on this one........
[ Edited by goodthings19 on May 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
STFU and have another good year and then ask for a raise. You signed the contract.

This this and more of this.

Boone is lucky it was the Niners that signed him because I don't think he'd be in the NFL had it not been the Niners he ended up with. We were particularly patient with him, and had Singletary on the team at the time to help him come along.

I like Boone and think he's good, but with 2 years left and the depth on the roster say no increase for you sir.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM ]
F-N Boone.....Knew he was too good to be true.....
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
the newest CBA contains language in it that makes holding out almost impossible. he'll play out his current contract. i don't care if he's not at the OTAs.
If he doesnt think he is making enough money from a contract that he willingly signed he could always retire and be a bartender. So sick of guys that dont fullfill their contracts. For now, its just voluntary OTAs so we will see how it plays out but I wouldnt give in to him.
Thanks again Singletary.
Sorry Boone, Niners took the chance on you when you were a risky signing. Worked with you and had patience with you. Because of the 49ers, you have become a quality guard in the NFL. Because you have worked hard and changed your life, your next contract will be much bigger. Not this year though. Continue to show your appreciation for this organization. Your value can only increase with a good attitude.

I only see positives here - Our young guys get more reps.

Boone, you haven't even made the pro-bowl yet. Get on the field or we trade you to the Dolphins.
Originally posted by boast:
the newest CBA contains language in it that makes holding out almost impossible. he'll play out his current contract. i don't care if he's not at the OTAs.

Don't they get fine like 30K per each day of a Hold Out?... I know this isn't a hold out yet...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
non story till the mandatory camp, if he is a problem child then fine his ass. the niners stood by him while he was having problems and this is how he repays them, f**k him
We need Boone this year and we need the hungry Boone that has a nasty streak, not whiney Boone that's not giving 100% because he's b***hing about his contract.

WTF, how can this guy be one of our headaches after everything management and ownership has done for him........????

Greedy, selfish b*****ds....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Niners were very smart they signed him and staley to extensions very early paying them well but these guys have out played their contacts but unfortunately for them you can't sign contracts early and then cry about it later.
Share 49ersWebzone