There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Watt had 3 sacks, 2 PD & 5 tackles last week but the defense gave up 31 points... the week before he had 1 sack and 1 PD but the D gave up 37 points to Jacksonville. So while he is having a big year it isn't really having an impact on the games. In the last 6 games the Texans D has given up 30+ points 3 times.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM ]
Aldon Smith has been the best defensive player on the best defense in football.

Give the man his award.
If he stays on track and gets more Sacks, he should get it... Keep Em Rollin Aldon!!!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Aldon has to win DPOY if he breaks the single-season sack record. Watt is having an incredible year though. 14.5 sacks as a 3-4 DE is unheard of, and he still has 5 more games left to play.

Could come down to a sack race between him and Watt. Von Miller is in the hunt too.

It's like McGuire-Sosa-Griffey all over again. s**t's exciting.

Hopefully hes not on PEDs
I don't know how you out pace Charles Haley and Derrick Thomas... and possibly get the all time sack record and not win DPOY.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I don't know how you out pace Charles Haley and Derrick Thomas... and possibly get the all time sack record and not win DPOY.

swatting down passes is the new sack
  • HERN
  • Veteran
#99 problems is easily one of my favorite players on the team (i have 52 other favorite players on the team), He should be in the lead for DPOTY. Unfortunetly, i feel like the media has been on Watts that i think it would go to him.
Originally posted by HERN:
#99 problems is easily one of my favorite players on the team (i have 52 other favorite players on the team), He should be in the lead for DPOTY. Unfortunetly, i feel like the media has been on Watts that i think it would go to him.

Watt's having the better year. So is Von Miller.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Nov 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Watt's having the better year. So is Von Miller.

Watt is debatable, he's having an incredible year. But f**k Von miller
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's gonna be a hell of a race between him, Von Miller, and JJ Watt. It's going to take the rest of the year to resolve a true winner.

Agree. If he breaks all time sack record and finishes first he should receive it no doubt.
Season is FAR from over. You should create another option
I want Aldon to chase Russell Wilson out of the pocket to his sideline, and when Smith goes out of bounds, sack Pete Carroll
Originally posted by Jcool:

Don't be a homer. Smith doesn't make the overall impact that Watt and Miller do. Football goes beyond sack numbers. Justin Smith should have been DPOY last year but was beat out by guys with better "numbers".

And quite franklly, Watt has the sacks and bat down numbers to go with his outstanding overall play.
mvp!!! lol
but really, id vote for watt right now.