There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

• Chico
  • Veteran
I'll go one better....POY!!! HOF!!!
Aldon is an incredible player as are Miller and Watt. What a draft class that is turning out to be......
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I think he's a prime candidate for the award. Whacha guys think?

Absolutely.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I think if he gets the sack record, he'll win DPOY. Otherwise, it'll probably go to Watt or Von Miller.

He's coming on strong though. 11 sacks in his last 4 games. That's incredible.
Agreed........

Maybe one more game like he had against the Bears would help his cause...... It seems like all the NFL talking heads are infactuated with Watt and Miller.........

He should have been the 2011 rookie defensive player of the year................
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I think if he gets the sack record, he'll win DPOY. Otherwise, it'll probably go to Watt or Von Miller.

He's coming on strong though. 11 sacks in his last 4 games. That's incredible.
Agreed........

Maybe one more game like he had against the Bears would help his cause...... It seems like all the NFL talking heads are infactuated with Watt and Miller.........

He should have been the 2011 rookie defensive player of the year................

As they should be because Aldon had previously been thought of as slightly more one-dimensional. This season he's being asked to do more and is delivering. As for that one dimension, I also believe that Bears game was the one that bumped him into consideration because we saw how this one player can change a game.
I think Watt gets it dude is having an amazing year.. So is Aldon though
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
holy s**t he's huge compared to sproles.

Nyjer pleaze ....., Webster looks huge compared to Sproles.
aldon smith is having an amazing year.. but JJ Watt is out of this world.

Been reading this forum for a while now and this thread made me want to chip in. HELLO WEBZONE!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
One thing that might keep him from getting it.....fundamentals:

Son, I was disappoint.
Darren sproled is 5,5...Aldon is 6,4...

darren comes up to his knees...if darren bends over at all he's touching the ground...it's not a fundamental thing...it's just a law of physics...he made the tackle...
As usual, we're getting ahead of ourselves. No doubt he's special and is having a great year, but, and I'm going to get ripped for this, I'm not sure he's as complete a player at 'backer as he could be or should be to be named DPOY. He very understandably still has a lot to learn and I see him sometimes kinda standing around when he should be more in the thick of it (as a linebacker, not DE), and his ceiling is scary, but player of the year? Maybe if he gets the sack record. Should he be in the running? Sure. JMHO
Arizona lost Levi Brown (the only remaining decent Olineman) to a season ending injury. Aldon should be able to get 3+ sacks in that game!
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
As usual, we're getting ahead of ourselves. No doubt he's special and is having a great year, but, and I'm going to get ripped for this, I'm not sure he's as complete a player at 'backer as he could be or should be to be named DPOY. He very understandably still has a lot to learn and I see him sometimes kinda standing around when he should be more in the thick of it (as a linebacker, not DE), and his ceiling is scary, but player of the year? Maybe if he gets the sack record. Should he be in the running? Sure. JMHO

Yeah its definately a race for the top.

If Aldon can get the sack record i don't see how they can't give it to him, especially since we are a top tier D, mainly ever since he brought his pass rush ability to our team.

The AZ game can be another monster game. That game may decide homefield so he should be all in/
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
One thing that might keep him from getting it.....fundamentals:

Son, I was disappoint.

holy s**t he's huge compared to sproles.

Not many OLB in this game can close and tackle Sproles in the open field like that. regardless of the ugly tackle, it was a great play by aldon
I ill also add that i wish we would use him more on the opposite side of the field. In the saints game when they finally switched him to that side he got a sack, and thats really when the rush opened up on D. Got two sacks from that side as well durring the Bears game.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Not many OLB in this game can close and tackle Sproles in the open field like that. regardless of the ugly tackle, it was a great play by aldon

agree. i thought it was funny.