LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Right place at right time, but Kaepernick might be the best qb of the 2011 class.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Before all the comparisons begin, let's see what kap can put together over a period of time. Man he was hot doodoo the first two games. But we all have seen kap get big big eyes, when he was faced with 1200 lbs of 4 guys gettting ready to run him over. He looked like a deer in the headlights. Don't crown kap yet. Let's see what he does,against the BIG RUSH....and he will see one in RAmsland, and beyond. 2 games this late in the yr to make a guy a starter? Wow, I think Coach made his first coaching mistake, but I hope he is right. If not, good news is alex can always come in to bail kap out...as a matter of fact, that is my most likely scenario for the rest of this yr. I think alex has to come in and bail kap out somewhere here in the next few games. Also, Kap has to stay healthy. Like alex, he can get a concussion, and then have QBing revert to alex. It could happen. Hell, last week, on fricking play, we lose 2 starters on one stinking play...hunter and kyle. So injury can still happen. The amazing thing? If so we got two guys who are starters and that should really put us out of reach as SB winners.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early. Ask me again in 3 to 4 years.

Or at least wait until CK has played in a few games where almost everything goes wrong. Only then we would know the true nature of a QB.

We already have. We had seven penalties on offense against the Saints, a bunch of drops, in the loudest stadium of the year, against the hottest team of the year, having to deal with multiple low snaps, with a horrible turnover on special teams. This is probably the most adversity we've had to face all year.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
10 quarters of play. Wow! Serious?

Cam (not a fan) had the best rookie season of all time. And look what D coordinators are doing to him now that they have loads if film on him.

Crazy.

you are very realistic...ponder was a diamond when Vikings beat niners,I think they were 4 and 1....he had a perfect day .NFL commentators were praising him,and look now he;s
a bust.teams will make adjustments...when kaep starts losing half of the fans will ask for his head...especially here.....
[ Edited by 49ercrusher on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
you want to crown him than crown his ars

Lol
CK is the best QB in the NFC West.
Originally posted by rk1642:
He very well might turn out to be the best of the class and be the leader we need.

He did get drafted by the best team and coaching staff, which accounts for alot in and of itself. He basically got handed the keys to a caddie so we will all see how he handles it the rest of this year and hopefully thru the playoffs to a superbowl.

This. Especially the bold. He's got the tools, now we need to find out if he has the game.
Originally posted by fister30:
I hope but it's too early to tell.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
I hope but it's too early to tell.

Well he is at the very least the 3rd best right now. I heard the Cards where putting up pages in the wanted ads to find a QB.

CK....against....Bradford, Russell Wilson and what is this guy name....Ryan lindley..(is he a QB )....nice comparison...
Dalton then Kaep.

Cam is soooo overrated.

I still suspect the 49ers were hoping Andy Dalton would fall to them in the 2nd round. Hindsight... so glad that wasn't the case! CK7 has a ceiling out of sight!

[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM ]
I heard reports, after the draft, that we wanted Dalton and when Cinci took him we freaked and moved up for Kaep.

I'm right there with you though, completely stoked we got CK. I honestly thought he was the second best QB in the draft, after Newton and before Dalton.
I think Dalton has the potential to be very good behind a decent O-LINe and a strong defense.. I hoped the 49ers would have picked him up in the draft. BUT WTF DO I KNOW?
Originally posted by UKNiners:
10 quarters of play. Wow! Serious?

Cam (not a fan) had the best rookie season of all time. And look what D coordinators are doing to him now that they have loads if film on him.

Crazy.

Ihaving film on him is not what is killing his season. It has more to do with CAR trying to run a college offense and make Cam their best running option. There's really not much complexity in their offense. However, Cam still overcomes that at times.
The bigger question is if he can actually operate in a complex system.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
I still suspect the 49ers were hoping Andy Dalton would fall to them in the 2nd round. Hindsight... so glad that wasn't the case! CK7 has a ceiling out of sight!

]

Originally posted by KegBert:
I heard reports, after the draft, that we wanted Dalton and when Cinci took him we freaked and moved up for Kaep.

I'm right there with you though, completely stoked we got CK. I honestly thought he was the second best QB in the draft, after Newton and before Dalton.

Supposedly everyone in the from office including Balke wanted Dalton while Jim was banging the table for Kaep.
Share 49ersWebzone