LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Credit needs to be given to the Rams defense, who did a good job limiting the CK big play opportunity. The team needs to consider bringing in a different kicker because, for whatever reason, Akers sucks this year.

Agreed, the Rams definitely get credit for containing the big plays.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
So if Walker makes that TD catch we win! If Akers hits the fg we win! Those two plays were after the bad pitch!

So us being ahead in the 4th Quarter 10-2, with the ball means nothing? We aren't in the position to need a Walker catch or a field goal if that toss doesn't happen. The Ram's didn't score a TD on offense all day. We might as well blame the Defense for not stopping them from hitting the field goal at the end of regulation. Point is, Kaep doesn't pitch that ball, we win.

Even with that if Walker doesnt drop the ball then Kaepernick throws the winning TD.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So if Walker makes that TD catch we win! If Akers hits the fg we win! Those two plays were after the bad pitch!

So us being ahead in the 4th Quarter 10-2, with the ball means nothing? We aren't in the position to need a Walker catch or a field goal if that toss doesn't happen. The Ram's didn't score a TD on offense all day. We might as well blame the Defense for not stopping them from hitting the field goal at the end of regulation. Point is, Kaep doesn't pitch that ball, we win.

point is if Roman didnt call that atrocious play Kaepernick wouldn't have pitched it and we wouldn't have need DW dropped TD or then needed Akers missed FG.

IT ALL GOES BACK TO INOPPORTUNE PLAY CALLING! Greg Roman is the issue! Not to mention our OL got manhandled in the run game today because the run blitzed on 90% of the plays today.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Dude 7<3 points. The Rams couldn't score, game over.

Take those 10 points that we gave them off the board, game over.

All we needed was the 2 points from the safety and game was over
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.

Can't agree more

x2

x3

I don't see Kaepernick taking us to a Super Bowl victory. Time to stop messing around and put Alex back in. Colin may be ready in the future but this season is SB or bust. Scoring three offensive TDs in the past 3 games does not show me he should be starting over Alex.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I dont know if you know this or not but Akers has a pelvic injury. Can you just imagine how hard it must be for a kicker to do his job with that kind of injury!

He received that injury last week. He's been garbage from any significant distance all season, save for Week 1.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Even with that if Walker doesnt drop the ball then Kaepernick throws the winning TD.

Instead we kicked the winning field goal...no wait, they had time to tie after that. No need to talk in circles, guess we'll just have to view things differently
Originally posted by StonewallBrigade:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.

Can't agree more

x2

x3

I don't see Kaepernick taking us to a Super Bowl victory. Time to stop messing around and put Alex back in. Colin may be ready in the future but this season is SB or bust. Scoring three offensive TDs in the past 3 games does not show me he should be starting over Alex.

x4! Kaep is the future but not the present.
If Harbaugh/Egg Roman want our QB to be a game manager, you might as well insert Alex because he is the master. It can't be both ways guys. I'm still scratching my head. If you want Kaep at QB you call plays that are designed for his strong points. Conservative play calling doesn't suit Colin Kaepernick What a mess......
The rams weren't going to score a TD... Their offense is awful and the fact we gifted them almost all the points they scored today it's really a shame. We gave them that game hands down.

Originally posted by sfout:

point is if Roman didnt call that atrocious play Kaepernick wouldn't have pitched it and we wouldn't have need DW dropped TD or then needed Akers missed FG.

IT ALL GOES BACK TO INOPPORTUNE PLAY CALLING! Greg Roman is the issue! Not to mention our OL got manhandled in the run game today because the run blitzed on 90% of the plays today.
I disagree slightly. Roman didn't make Kaep toss that ball over Ginn's head, the play calling may have been not to our liking but the QB has to protect the ball, especially in that situation.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
The rams weren't going to score a TD... Their offense is awful and the fact we gifted them almost all the points they scored today it's really a shame. We gave them that game hands down.

Originally posted by Loco49er:
x4! Kaep is the future but not the present.

Disagree. He is the present if you take the handcuffs off him and don't expect him to be a "game manager". CK's is not a dink and dunk QB. It's a complete misuse of his strengths.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
For those who want Akers cut...and who would kick? Just any old guy off the street?

Jose Cortez might be a better option at this point.

49ers worked out Cundiff and Kaeding.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

This was like the AZ game last year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Instead we kicked the winning field goal...no wait, they had time to tie after that. No need to talk in circles, guess we'll just have to view things differently

They had time to kick a tying field goal. The woldnt have scored a tying TD.
Share 49ersWebzone