LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nannite:
playing like he did today I would rather have Tolz start

This is clearly an emotional response. If Ginn dives on the ball or Walker catches the pass or the refs dont blow 2 scoring plays...etc we win this game handily.
Alex should be starting. Keap is not ready to face a strong NFL D that knows how to game plan against him. His inexperience got exposed and if Jim is to hard headed to go back to Alex this team is one and done in the playoffs....if we even make it.

Kaep played well against their D. Mistakes were made that lost us the game. In terms of importance of the mistakes, I put Kaep at least after Ginn, Walker, Roman and the refs.

Like I said, if Ginn and Walker make those two plays, this isnt even a discussion and were talking about how the niners destroyed this team.
Keap played fine. He did enough to win the game. The person(s) to blame are Roman and Akers! The only thing that Akers has to do I make that field goal and he can't even do that. Dude sucks and need to be cut ASAP. On the offense I blame Roman. Seriously the calls he made were so bad. Keap is good enough that he overcame the bad calls to almost win the game. Still Roman is the one to blame for the really bad bad call, they were the worse calls of the year.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
More then one play cost us the game.

1.Walker drops a TD pass and 2. holds on the next play. That cost us 7.....TWICE

3. Roman's dumbass play calling. He called vanilla s**t all game, and then DOES THAT! Harbaugh is equally responsible. He has a headset.........

4. Akers misses a game winner for the second time.

We are also really missing Hunter. Gore really has been just making his money off the dynamic game produced by having a change of pace guy. Without Hunter, Gore is more easily contained. Jacobs is NOT the answer as a #2. I'd rather see Dixon.

We don't see L. James probably because he hasn't learned the playbook and all of the blitz pickups.

Yet somehow Hunter contributed as a rookie almost immediately in the same system. It is absolutely absurd for a 2nd round pick to not be playing when the team could really use him. Makes the draft look even more suspect. It was one thing for Jenkins and James to be "luxury depth", now they've both become necessary depth and if they're not playing, I look at that as either a failure on part of the coaching staff getting them ready or a failure on the part of the front office for drafting guys who simply can't hack it.

this

lol Phoenix. Hunter came from a spread system that was not super complex but he still had to learn how to pick up bitzes and play in a pro-style formation a lot. LMJ is coming from a read option with 1 or 2 passing reads and almost no blitz pick up experience. For god sake Oregon's offense was so simply it was on 20 poster boards with different colors and pictures on them.
you dont burn high picks on kids who cant help after 10+ weeks
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Kaep cost us this game, time to sit his ass down. this isn't the little league anymore. START ALex SMITH!!!

all your doing is babbling without stating any kinds of facts, some call it warmongering.
Kaep cost us this game, time to sit his ass down. this isn't the little league anymore. START ALex SMITH!!!

all your doing is babbling without stating any kinds of facts, some call it warmongering.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Meh! They got too conservative one to many times in crucial situations. Plus to mistakes on penalties from the OLine again, which is becoming a theme. Bad game all around, funny we still almost pulled it off though. Harbaugh's decision to go forward with Kaep failed IMO. We didn't get better at all. Sure he has lots of potential and can make explosive plays happens, regardless, that doesn't always translate to wins though.

The whole team failed as a whole. They got to learn to execute better as a team and impact players have got to step up and do their job better.

Can't go forward with the same cowardly play calling. Jim talks a good game...but when it comes time to draw up the plays and run them, he's a complete p***y.

Can't really put it all on JH. The offensive game plan is primarily the responsibility of Roman. A very poor job there. Not the first time either. Like playing not to lose rather than playing to win using your players' strenghts. He has not adjusted to having CK at QB rather than AS. Just disheartening to watch.

I disagree that the whole team failed. The Coaches - yes. There were some individual player mistakes at crucial times, but it should not have come to that. The players played their hearts outs; they were hog-tied by the awful playcalling. Not having Hunter at RB also hurt probably; having Brandon Jacobs as a change of pace back was ridiculous. I was surprised that LMJ wasn't called up. Under normal circumstances I would consider that an indication of his preparedness. But I'm not so sure that the coaches were not just going Nolanesque on us.

The way I presonally feel about all this right now: I wouldn't mind if Roman got a HC gig somewhere else next year. He's looking like the second coming of Mike Nolan with the spirit of his play calling. Too predicable.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What turned the game was the 49ers going into ultra-conservative mode after the Rams punted shanked it and they basically had the ball at midfield. They should have pushed to get the ball WELL downfield, either get into the endzone or kick a short field goal, instead they got cute, started running it for little gain and ended up settling for a long field goal from a highly questionable kicker. That is when they lost the game, by playing not to lose. It was absolutely brutal, at that point, I knew it was over, just before Akers went to kick a 50+ yard attempt.

I would agree with that

Precisely.
A lot of blame to go all around.

-Poor play calling from Roman. And even worse adjustments (or lack there of) after halftime
-Kap made plays, but can't afford to make those mistakes (safety, fumble on pitch, and not staying inbound before that last SF FG)
-Akers is not automatic anymore
-Dropped balls from Gore in the 1st qtr and the big TD drop by Walker
-A lot of penalties
you dont burn high picks on kids who cant help after 10+ weeks

Troy Polamalu

Not!

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
People blaming kaep for the kiss are blind. Kaep doesn't call the plays, he's not walker or Akers, and he can't block for himself. Only one that helped him out was Crabtree. My biggest gripe is with harbaugh for allowing the stupid conservativeness thinking Akers is automatic with long kicks and letting roman call those stupid plays. Also what the f**k is ginn doing on offense?? More and more I'm getting pissed with the Jenkins and James pick, I know they're talented and we pretty much wasted those 2 picks. Walker only needs to see the field as a blocker not a wr, play f**king Jenkins

I don't blame CK for the loss, but neither do I think he played well. I believe his best game was the Bears, his worst was today. That said, he is in his fourth game (counting the first Ram game where he played 3/4) so you have to expect ups and downs. My concern is that a loss to a bad team...what does that mean against good or great teams?

Have they figured him out? Doubt it, but who knows. JH should know whether this is possible...with his experience.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Keap played fine. He did enough to win the game. The person(s) to blame are Roman and Akers! The only thing that Akers has to do I make that field goal and he can't even do that. Dude sucks and need to be cut ASAP. On the offense I blame Roman. Seriously the calls he made were so bad. Keap is good enough that he overcame the bad calls to almost win the game. Still Roman is the one to blame for the really bad bad call, they were the worse calls of the year.

Defense played good enough to win the game, you don't win too many putting up 13 points. Akers was brutal, Roman's playcalling was as well. Smith was 6-2 with the same kicker and OC before we took him out. Kaep is the future, still think Smith gives us the better chance to win right now week in ans week out.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Is it me or does coach look off tilt the last few games. Not as assertive in what were doing

when kaepernick made those 3rd down conversions was because were quick snap throws to crabtree and manningham. harbaugh was stubborn to pound the rams defense at all cost but gore was banged up in the end.

harbaugh chose colin because of his hot hand but how can he do things if coach puts handcuffs on him? rams played with aggresiveness whole 5 quarters while we were sloppy again.
49ers Offense comes out flat unprepared to play AGAIN vs lowly non playoff team Lambs.

Horrible bush league level play calling AGAIN by Greg Roman! Does anyone really believe Roman has what it takes as an NFL OC to win through the playoffs and a Super Bowl vs elite NFL teams because i don't!?

Offensive Line is a joke zero run game CK running for his life all game and bad dumb ass penalties AGAIN OL should have just stayed on the bus!

Delanie Walker AGAIN drops 2 balls 1 that should have been a TD enough is enough get rid of him!

Horrible draft...picks are not contributing...Gore is hurt...Hunter is done...and we don't have a feature back ready to step in because we left NFL ROY contender Doug Martin on the board to stretch up for AJ Jenkins who can't even crack the lineup. Drafting LMJ was also a mistake he is a situational RB who won't help us if Gore goes down.

Akers is 38 this week and is done thanks for a great 2011.

We didn't show up to play once AGAIN this season this ones mostly on Harbaugh Roman the OL Walker & Akers.
Originally posted by luis1985:

Defense played good enough to win the game, you don't win too many putting up 13 points. Akers was brutal, Roman's playcalling was as well. Smith was 6-2 with the same kicker and OC before we took him out. Kaep is the future, still think Smith gives us the better chance to win right now week in ans week out.
Share 49ersWebzone