LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FightinRammies:
Really? In the last 4 games, you are 1-2-1 against the Rams. You won one in OT in which the Rams outplayed you at home, and should have lost the game you tied, again - being manhandled at home. You won one game by a lot (26-0), and another with Kellen Clemens starting (a 7 pt victory with the Rams putting 27 points on your awesome defense). How is that destroying?? It should be 2-2 over those last 4 and you know it. Hardly 'destroying' anyone. All this while the Rams have been the doormat of the league. I am not saying the Rams will win this game, but have some objectivity dude and do some research.

Might want to check that again. 3-1-1 last 3 seasons

Objectivity would be nice.
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Nov 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Why? we usually destroy the Rams.

Really? In the last 4 games, you are 1-2-1 against the Rams. You won one in OT in which the Rams outplayed you at home, and should have lost the game you tied, again - being manhandled at home. You won one game by a lot (26-0), and another with Kellen Clemens starting (a 7 pt victory with the Rams putting 27 points on your awesome defense). How is that destroying?? It should be 2-2 over those last 4 and you know it. Hardly 'destroying' anyone. All this while the Rams have been the doormat of the league. I am not saying the Rams will win this game, but have some objectivity dude and do some research.

The Rams always play us tough, whether in San Francisco or at home. I expect this game to be no different.
Blow out. No doubt.
Some random thoughts from a Ram fan:

* Why the obsession with the faked punts? The Rams didn't score on either of them. In fact, it just gave them first downs, and your defense had every opportunity to stop the fake punt and subsequently shut them down after they worked.
* You did not 'lose' that game because of Akers missed FG. Did you not remember that Zuerlein had a miss too? Do you not remember that the Rams had an 80 yard pass called back along with a punt returned to your 2 called back? Do you remember the delay of game penalty on the FG? No, the Rams 'lost' that game because of THEIR unforced errors, not YOUR kickers missed FG.
* See my post above about your 'dominance' over the Rams in the last 2 years.
* In no way am I saying the Rams are better. I'd be a fool to say that, because obviously it's not true. And, you may blow out the Rams this Sunday. Who knows? But even you would have to admit they are improved, and are a different team this year - and they will give you a good game this Sunday.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Might want to check that again. 3-1-1 last 3 seasons

Objectivity would be nice.

My bad - I meant the Rams were 1-2-1 against the Niners since end of 2010 season... I got the teams reversed. I stand corrected. The thought remains the same though.

Meh....the one in St Louis last year shouldn't count against the 49ers D... it was the final game of the year and most of them were getting pulled mid-game to rest them for the playoffs..ur argument is invalrod
Some random thoughts from a Ram fan:

* Why the obsession with the faked punts? The Rams didn't score on either of them. In fact, it just gave them first downs, and your defense had every opportunity to stop the fake punt and subsequently shut them down after they worked.
* You did not 'lose' that game because of Akers missed FG. Did you not remember that Zuerlein had a miss too? Do you not remember that the Rams had an 80 yard pass called back along with a punt returned to your 2 called back? Do you remember the delay of game penalty on the FG? No, the Rams 'lost' that game because of THEIR unforced errors, not YOUR kickers missed FG.
* See my post above about your 'dominance' over the Rams in the last 2 years.
* In no way am I saying the Rams are better. I'd be a fool to say that, because obviously it's not true. And, you may blow out the Rams this Sunday. Who knows? But even you would have to admit they are improved, and are a different team this year - and they will give you a good game this Sunday.

dude, the team didn't prepare well for the rams, that was obvious. I think the majority of the gameplanning went to the upcoming bears game, which had homefield playoff implications.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Niners 4-1 on the Road > Lambs 3-2 at Home

To say they suck, I would assume a losing record, no? 3-2 sucks?
Originally posted by socalniner:
dude, the team didn't prepare well for the rams, that was obvious. I think the majority of the gameplanning went to the upcoming bears game, which had homefield playoff implications.

So your team overlooks division rivals? Really? That's sad.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Meh....the one in St Louis last year shouldn't count against the 49ers D... it was the final game of the year and most of them were getting pulled mid-game to rest them for the playoffs..ur argument is invalrod

So it's not valid because you didn't 'blow out' the Rams. Interesting.

Originally posted by socalniner:

Sorry, but if it's the rams, yeah. I'm not saying it was right, but the team thought they could win on talent alone. Jackson went on beast mode and the team wasn't ready.
Rams don't deserve to be game planned for.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Rams don't deserve to be game planned for.

That's what caused us to have a tie last time..... and Smiths job.

All NFL teams need to be taken seriously, or, you get beat by a team that is far less capable.

When we already clinched and was resting starters? Yes. When we had beat the Lambs a couple weeks before 26-0? Yes.

I hope the Sea of Red is as large as it was last year in that Dome, it was beautiful.
When and where was the 35-0 beatdown? Was that 2009 in St Louis? Looking forward to the fightinRammies getting their horns stuffed into the fake turf this Sunday. The Rams have played us tough no doubt. Its a division game. They're always tough. But the 49ers team is superior to the Rams team in almost every way. You shouldn't sound so offended that the fans on a 49ers message board expect their team to win this game. And as for those fake punts... you know it, I know it, everyone knows that Fisher pulled out all the tricks in that game because he knew he couldn't win the game straight up. Fear and trickery was the gameplan in the last meeting and bless his heart it almost worked. It wont work this time. If the Rams don't convert on the last fake punt it was game over. Risky risky call to say the least and you act like it had no bearing on the game whatsoever. You say that when a team pulls out the gimmick plays against your team and gets away with it. You'd be pissed too!
Share 49ersWebzone