There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Above Harbaugh

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Funny how Belichick's genius didn't apply to the Browns, or to Drew Bledsoe. What a coincidence that Brady strongly supports the only NFL coach he has ever played for. Who would have thought? Let's see how Belichicks other protege's develop. Matt Cassel, hmm... not exactly playing like Joe Montana did when he left his team and went to the Chiefs.

How about Andrew Luck? Not doing too bad. I wonder who developed him?
Josh Johnson holds the NCAA Division I record for highest career passer efficiency at 176.68.

Hmm... I wonder who Belichick has "developed" at quarterback in his entire career besides Tom Brady? The same Tom Brady who Belichick obviously knew would be a great one, since he selected him all the way up in the 6th round. Nope. Can't actually think of any. Perhaps in time Belichick will win the lottery again, just to prove that he can do it twice.

You'd have a great point if Belechik was highly regarded as a qb guru. Not every single coach in the league is going to be hands on in regards to developing quarterbacks. Belechick is a defensive guy, right?

New England is an offensive football team right now, but that's the cap game for ya. If you're going to pay your qb franchise qb type money he better be geting those numbers as well. It should tell you everything that a guy like Matt Cassel can walk and run that offense at a pretty high level. It happened in Indy and they won 2 games. They're very good at assembling talent and that's a credit to Belechik.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
I wonder why no one has talked about his brilliance and special craft of taking players moving them from original positions to a whole new position and making them successful at there new position.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Funny how Belichick's genius didn't apply to the Browns, or to Drew Bledsoe. What a coincidence that Brady strongly supports the only NFL coach he has ever played for. Who would have thought? Let's see how Belichicks other protege's develop. Matt Cassel, hmm... not exactly playing like Joe Montana did when he left his team and went to the Chiefs.

How about Andrew Luck? Not doing too bad. I wonder who developed him?
Josh Johnson holds the NCAA Division I record for highest career passer efficiency at 176.68.

Hmm... I wonder who Belichick has "developed" at quarterback in his entire career besides Tom Brady? The same Tom Brady who Belichick obviously knew would be a great one, since he selected him all the way up in the 6th round. Nope. Can't actually think of any. Perhaps in time Belichick will win the lottery again, just to prove that he can do it twice.

Being a head coach isn't about how well/poorly you develop your quarterbacks. It's nice, and one of the reasons why Bill Walsh made us successful in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s (built Montana, Young, Bono, and found Garcia)

But it's not a necessity. Belichick is a great coach because he consistently wins. Let's not say he got lucky with Brady. He had a playoff team with a good QB in Drew Bledsoe, and had an 11-5 team when Cassel took over for an injured Brady.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by fastforward:
This. Harbaugh inherited a team with a lot of talents. Let's wait until he has to rebuild a team after the current generation either leaves or gets old to really decide how to rank him. He might be a Seifert type who won a lot of games but is terrible in turning around a team missing many key pieces.

He picked Kaepernick, Aldon Smith and turned around Alex Smith. I can't wait to see what else he can do when he gets the players he wants.

Those were more or less tune-ups of a team that already has most of the core players.
This. Harbaugh inherited a team with a lot of talents. Let's wait until he has to rebuild a team after the current generation either leaves or gets old to really decide how to rank him. He might be a Seifert type who won a lot of games but is terrible in turning around a team missing many key pieces.

He picked Kaepernick, Aldon Smith and turned around Alex Smith. I can't wait to see what else he can do when he gets the players he wants.

Those were more or less tune-ups of a team that already has most of the core players.

Really? Aldon Smith, Culliver and Hunter are "tune-ups" for the 49ers? WOW. So lets not give Harbaugh credit for hiring the coaching staff either?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ken Whisenhunt

why even say that?
For what he has done for the niner franchise in two years noone should be above him!
Originally posted by buck:
Premature discussion.

I like Harbaugh, except his handling of the press and red flag throwing, but he has only been coaching for less than two years.

He has been exemplary, but he has not been in the league long enough to make this evaluation.

Harbough inherited alot of talent but not a team until he coached them into being a team. 9ers had a great defense before he got here but no offense.
Since Harbaugh has been here the offense has did a 180 due to coaching. That and the turnover ratio has to prove a little about him.
There is not a coach in the NFL that I'd rather have than Jim Harbaugh. What he's done with this Niners team is nothing short of amazing. Regardless of the talent lvl this team hasn't been north of 500 for a freakin decade and we are back to Super Bowl or bust in less than a year.

You can have your long track record. I'm just fine with Harbaughs limited pro resume.
Where can we rank Harbaugh right now in regards to Head coaches in the NFL? Who is above him?

Romeo Crennel FTW!!!
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Romeo Crennel FTW!!!

Originally posted by ninermedic:
Romeo Crennel. I hear he may be out soon in KC, if we're smart we dump Harbs and lure Crennel in. He could even bring Cassel and Quinn with him and solve this whole stupid QB controversy thing.

yeah bro lolololol
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Romeo Crennel FTW!!!

Romeo Crennel. I hear he may be out soon in KC, if we're smart we dump Harbs and lure Crennel in. He could even bring Cassel and Quinn with him and solve this whole stupid QB controversy thing.

yeah bro lolololol

Originally posted by 2000sooners:
Originally posted by buck:
Premature discussion.

I like Harbaugh, except his handling of the press and red flag throwing, but he has only been coaching for less than two years.

He has been exemplary, but he has not been in the league long enough to make this evaluation.

Harbough inherited alot of talent but not a team until he coached them into being a team. 9ers had a great defense before he got here but no offense.
Since Harbaugh has been here the offense has did a 180 due to coaching. That and the turnover ratio has to prove a little about him.

''WE WANT WINNERS''

Well ''WE'' got em bye bye now Sing shhh
Mike Singletary
I admire the work put in THIS SEASON by John Harbaugh and Gary Kubiak

John Harbaugh has kept the team competitive despite losing Suggs and Lewis and injuries in the secondary

Kubiak puts a a strong team on the field every sunday , these two guys always keep their teams pointed in the right direction