There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Above Harbaugh

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Only Belichick due to his lengthy track record. I'd take Harbaugh over anyone else.

I agree but when is the last time he won a Superbowl? Like 10 years ago?
If you started a new team and you could have any of the current NFL Head Coaches, who would you take? I would take Harbaugh in a second.
Jimmy Raye
  • buck
  • Veteran
Premature discussion.

I like Harbaugh, except his handling of the press and red flag throwing, but he has only been coaching for less than two years.

He has been exemplary, but he has not been in the league long enough to make this evaluation.
Originally posted by buck:
Premature discussion.

I like Harbaugh, except his handling of the press and red flag throwing, but he has only been coaching for less than two years.

He has been exemplary, but he has not been in the league long enough to make this evaluation.

I like his disdain for the press. You are dead on in regards to his red flag throwing.
If his hand picked quarterback continues to play like he has, Harbaugh will have no equal in the league.

What did Belichick do with the Browns? Nothing. He did nothing with the Patriots either, until Tom Brady came along.

No other coach currently in the league has succeeded at every level they have attempted to coach at, nor have they developed quarterbacks at every level they have attempted to coach at.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If his hand picked quarterback continues to play like he has, Harbaugh will have no equal in the league.

What did Belichick do with the Browns? Nothing. He did nothing with the Patriots either, until Tom Brady came along.

No other coach currently in the league has succeeded at every level they have attempted to coach at, nor have they developed quarterbacks at every level they have attempted to coach at.

Pretty awesome.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ken Whisenhunt

gross..
  • IT21
  • Veteran

lolwut?

Brady would not be where he is if it weren't for Belichick and even Brady has admitted that
Well he doesn't have a superbowl but he has only been in the league 1 season and it looks like he will definitely get one before his coaching career is over. Honestly the only other coach in the league right now I would even consider would be Bill Belichick because the dude is basically a hall of fame caliber coach at this point.

I ask myself could any other coach do what Harbaugh has done? Bring a team from the cellar to the top of the league in a single season? He has a history of turning bad teams into great ones in no time. I can't think of anybody who could coach a turn around like he has done. So yeah I think Harbaugh is the best in the league right now hands down.

The reason I don't have Caughlin higher up than Harbaugh even though he has out coached Harbaugh a few times and has two superbowls is because of those seasons in between when his team was mediocre at best.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

lolwut?

Brady would not be where he is if it weren't for Belichick and even Brady has admitted that

Funny how Belichick's genius didn't apply to the Browns, or to Drew Bledsoe. What a coincidence that Brady strongly supports the only NFL coach he has ever played for. Who would have thought? Let's see how Belichicks other protege's develop. Matt Cassel, hmm... not exactly playing like Joe Montana did when he left his team and went to the Chiefs.

How about Andrew Luck? Not doing too bad. I wonder who developed him?
Josh Johnson holds the NCAA Division I record for highest career passer efficiency at 176.68.

Hmm... I wonder who Belichick has "developed" at quarterback in his entire career besides Tom Brady? The same Tom Brady who Belichick obviously knew would be a great one, since he selected him all the way up in the 6th round. Nope. Can't actually think of any. Perhaps in time Belichick will win the lottery again, just to prove that he can do it twice.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
Well he doesn't have a superbowl but he has only been in the league 1 season and it looks like he will definitely get one before his coaching career is over. Honestly the only other coach in the league right now I would even consider would be Bill Belichick because the dude is basically a hall of fame caliber coach at this point.

I ask myself could any other coach do what Harbaugh has done? Bring a team from the cellar to the top of the league in a single season? He has a history of turning bad teams into great ones in no time. I can't think of anybody who could coach a turn around like he has done. So yeah I think Harbaugh is the best in the league right now hands down.

The reason I don't have Caughlin higher up than Harbaugh even though he has out coached Harbaugh a few times and has two superbowls is because of those seasons in between when his team was mediocre at best.

Caughlin is an excellent coach. Probably the 2nd best in the league behind Harbaugh.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by buck:
Premature discussion.

I like his disdain for the press. You are dead on in regards to his red flag throwing.
Meh I think most the time that Harbaugh throws a flag when the play in question seems obvious he does so knowing darn well it's going to fail, thinks then is a decent time for a timeout anyway, and wants to make sure the situation is understood by all. Remember he is only 1/2 through his 2nd year as an NFL head coach.

The Niners manage time pretty well under Harbaugh. It then doesn't make sense that he would seemingly mishandle a challenge so often and willingly. He has a reason for doing so, I am convinced.
Nobody is. What he has done is unbelievable. The coaches people are posting as "above" him. Look at the QB's they have.... They aren't any better than Harbaugh.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Caughlin is an excellent coach. Probably the 2nd best in the league behind Harbaugh.

Not saying he isn't an excellent coach but I put Harbaugh ahead of him. If Caughlin had taken over the 49ers when Harbaugh did there is no way he has them in the NFC championship his first season.