LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

WR route running

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After watching the Bears game, do you guys feel that the Wide receivers were running faster and better routes because they felt they would be rewarded with a target? What i mean is, lets face it I like Alex, but he LOVES the check down. It seemed to me that the wide receivers were trying harder to get open because they knew Kaep wouldn't settle for just a check down and throw it down the field. I think we have 2 very good QB's, it's just the players were more "electrified" on Monday than i have ever seen them.

*disclaimer* I do not mean for this to be an Alex Bashing session... just an observation, i still think alex is a very good QB, thanks
No.

And all players get a little more fired up for Monday night.
Everybody including the players hate Alex Smith. its scientific fact
yeah i know all players get fired up on a Monday night game..even Aldon Smith said it himself, he loves night games and the lights... i don't know, the team just seemed different to me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think many are comparing thier energy level to the sunday tie. no comparison there and i would like to think they can come out with the same energy for the rest of the year as we did monday. when the passing game is clicking like it was,, everything looks much more smooth and crisp. Also i think we have found out last year when we were struggling a titch before the steelers game so far in our prime time games on tv... this team and players respond to the big lights either on sunday or monday nights and that is certainly nice to see. its too bad it took a tie for them to..... you know what i am not finishing that sentence because it serves no purpose
No, I dont think so. I think they're all starting to get comfortable in the scheme and with eachother. You can see it with Crabtree more than the others. He's been making adjustments to his routes or breaking them off based on what the defense is doing and also has been doing a better job of getting free when plays break down. He's been much better this season and even more so over the last few weeks. GO NINERS! Our offense is almost there. If they catch up to our defense we'll be very hard to beat! Bring on the Saints!
No, there were many instances when receivers were covered because it had nothing to do with their speed - that's just how it is. Sometimes you get separation and sometimes you don't. The TD pass to Crabs was evidence of that - 3 check-downs to guy who were covered and then the pass.

I feel, that after the lackluster Rams game and add to that the MNF game adrenaline rush it may have seemed they were faster.

The big difference, IMO, was Kap was hitting them in stride and hitting them on the money. The receivers didn't have to reach behind them or jump way up for the pass and thereby open themselves to injury-type hits.
I almost started the same thread a few hours back, and did not in fear of the Alex lovers reamng me. It is a RESOUNDING "YES." to your post. I re watched the game on Tivo and all of the receiver where engaged and trying to get open as none of the receivers knew who would get the ball. When the "other" qb is in the game, only the hot read and the check down are giving full effort.

This cannot be disputed. They are NFL players, but they are also competitiors, if they are not given a chance, they will just dial it in.
Originally posted by forty9ers:
After watching the Bears game, do you guys feel that the Wide receivers were running faster and better routes because they felt they would be rewarded with a target? What i mean is, lets face it I like Alex, but he LOVES the check down. It seemed to me that the wide receivers were trying harder to get open because they knew Kaep wouldn't settle for just a check down and throw it down the field. I think we have 2 very good QB's, it's just the players were more "electrified" on Monday than i have ever seen them.

*disclaimer* I do not mean for this to be an Alex Bashing session... just an observation, i still think alex is a very good QB, thanks

no
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Everybody including the players hate Alex Smith. its scientific fact

Alex Smith's mom and wife hate him too--he will not throw them open

Share 49ersWebzone