LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Will this QB controversy cause poor play for whoever starts?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Whether Jim goes with Smith or Kaep, will one or the other be looking over their shoulder and in turn make poor decisions because of it? Will they try to "force" the ball to make a play if we are down and want to show that they deserve to be the starter? I remember in Denver last year when Orton had a hot hand, but fans wanted the sexy player in Tebow to start. As soon as that controversy started, Orton started playing like crap and gave into the fans.

I keep reading from all the analysts and the fans that this is a good problem to have. I couldn't disagree more. Smith never had to look over his shoulder because Harbaugh had clear confidence in him and that in turn made Alex the QB he is today. Now that the seed has been planted in Alex's mind, which believe me it has, I think it will affect his play and we might have another "We want Carr" moment in a couple weeks. Hopefully his stones are in tact and can get over another hurdle in his career.
No. This is a great team full of offensive talent. The QB's will play at the minimum, average.
What controversy? Alex Smith sucks and Colin is the better QB. No controversy just simple facts.
It's all the more motivating for Kapernick to perform even better. Heck, even Alex steps up with his back against the wall.
Maybe, but I'm sure the team is going to play this off as fans and the media making up sh** because they have nothing better to do.

If Alex starts that was the plan along. You guys just read too much into things.
If Kap starts it's a precautionary measure to furthur protect Alex.

Team will be ready either way.
Originally posted by BayArea:
What controversy? Alex Smith sucks and Colin is the better QB. No controversy just simple facts.

Suggest you google the word "fact". You seem to be unaware of its meaning.

Both players play for San Francisco. The blind bias in either direction is rather foolish.

If this thread turns into another b***hfest it gets locked.
I would think they would play better.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM ]
I think both guys are too mentally tough for any controversy to have any effect on them
naw...only poor posts in this forum.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Facts? Go look at Smith's stats. Those are facts.

I am a little nervous about this blowing up in our face. But in Harbaugh I trust.
Can't we put this in the QB thread?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Can't we put this in the QB thread?

I think I have a better idea.
Share 49ersWebzone