There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Please post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it. All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.

If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtmlINFO:

Where: New Orleans

When : November 25, 2012

Time: 1:25 PM
Post all your pregame musings in this thread. All other threads will be merged.

Go Niners
Please let the defense that showed up for the Bears game show up for this game also.
Def played best game of the year so far.
Lets not get the hand cream out and start jerking each other off just yet. Playing drew Brees and co in New Orleans will be a lot harder than Jason Campbell at home. The bears offense, even with cutler, had been struggling this year. Big test this week for the defense.
Im scared of Jimmy Graham having a big game.
Wish we played the Saints at the beginning of the year.

I think this game will be tougher than the New England game.
[ Edited by smithgdwg on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:19 AM ]
Originally posted by is3fifty23:
Im scared of Jimmy Graham having a big game.

ill let him go loose as long as every other receiver or TE are a non factor.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Wish we played the Saints at the beginning of the year.

I think this game will be tougher than the New England game.

I concur. This game makes me more nervous and I am not sure why (maybe because its the next game or because of the revenge factor), but NE is a much better team because they actually have a defense to speak of that compliments that offense. I just hope our D can put brees in a vice grip and apply some serious pressure with only bringing 3 or 4... If we have to bring more its going to be a long day for our secondary.
Saint's fan here.

I'd be lying if I didn't say a little of last year was still on the brain!

It's been a tough season for us and we are finally hitting our stride, but so are you. It was a scary good performance last night for you guys. Here's hoping we catch you in a QB controversy and flat after a trip to New Orleans on a short week. Even so Vegas has you favored -2.5 which is about right.

While I don't pretend to know who will win this game, I do think it is a game we can win. One area of concern I have is we might be starting our 3rd string OT and that could be disastrous against your pass rush. If our O line holds up I like our chances. We also have an improved running game and I don't look for us to turn the ball over 5 times.

One thing is for sure, this game means more to us in terms of W/L's so I think we will be the hungrier team if that means anything. It will be a playoff game with a playoff atmosphere.

This will be a great game.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Please let the defense that showed up for the Bears game show up for this game also.

Truth. If that happens, we win. It's really that "simple".
Originally posted by jbourque:
Saint's fan here.

I'd be lying if I didn't say a little of last year was still on the brain!

It's been a tough season for us and we are finally hitting our stride, but so are you. It was a scary good performance last night for you guys. Here's hoping we catch you in a QB controversy and flat after a trip to New Orleans on a short week. Even so Vegas has you favored -2.5 which is about right.

While I don't pretend to know who will win this game, I do think it is a game we can win. One area of concern I have is we might be starting our 3rd string OT and that could be disastrous against your pass rush. If our O line holds up I like our chances. We also have an improved running game and I don't look for us to turn the ball over 5 times.

One thing is for sure, this game means more to us in terms of W/L's so I think we will be the hungrier team if that means anything. It will be a playoff game with a playoff atmosphere.

This will be a great game.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

You might be right about the w/l thing but understand we are only 1.5 ahead of SEA and they have a easier schedule, nothing else matters to the guys on the field until the division is won, then they start thinking about w/l and seeding. So you might be outside looking in at the moment but we are definitely hungry as well.
You got Drew Brees and that offense, you always got a chance. Explosive anywhere on the field. Especially in the dome. Where the Saints played like a caged animal. Their defense is not so good but they have improved somewhat from the beginning of the year. We got to run the ball, balance, and keep that Saint offense off the field. But our defense has to weather the storm early. If not... we may be in trouble.

Run the ball.
The Saints are finally rolling this season. The 49ers should not take them lightly. This should be a really good game
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
The Saints are finally rolling this season. The 49ers should not take them lightly. This should be a really good game

They're probably unbeatable right now.