LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

What were some of the offensive difference that you saw against the Bears?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Difference was QB Poise & Pocket Prescense was available and a LIVE Rocket arm with pocket manipulation. Hasn't been seen since the 90's with Steve Young. BYE Alex
Offensive domination.

Thats different.
A offensive line who is 32nd in sacks allowed per pass play vs a dominating defense 5th in sacks only allowed 3 qb pressures. So what changed? DiNG DING DING ...you guessed it. A qb that has a natural feel for the pocket that shifts and climbs the pocket without taking his eyes off the wrs.

I cant wait to hear the numerous threads about how much better the oline is playing with Kaep when in reality they are playing at the same level.
Originally posted by natrone06:
A offensive line who is 32nd in sacks allowed per pass play vs a dominating defense 5th in sacks only allowed 3 qb pressures. So what changed? DiNG DING DING ...you guessed it. A qb that has a natural feel for the pocket that shifts and climbs the pocket without taking his eyes off the wrs.

I cant wait to hear the numerous threads about how much better the oline is playing with Kaep when in reality they are playing at the same level.

Something is telling me you just nailed it.

This is the most subtle and nearly impossible trait to describe with words. Some players just have the ability, and this ability gives them more time in the pocket.
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
They did throw the ball down the field more. The Bear were prepared for it, but just weren't prepared to see that ball get to downfield spots with such velocity.
Overall though, it was a well balanced effort by the Offense. They gashed em for runs time after time, and Kaep did a hell of a job reading the defense and took advantage of some mis-matches. Still need to do alittle better on 3rd down conversions but overall, Good offensive game.

Oh and props to the Defensive Front for coming alive in this game!

Agree. I don't think we called many different pass plays I just believe that Kaep looks to push the ball down the field more often. This is exactly what this offense needs and I do believe the guys realized this also. I'm sure the WR's will be very happy.
I noticed CK hit receivers in stride. I've seen receivers have to stop when Alex throws on deeper routes so the ball can get there.
Nothing different. Great play calling. O Line was great.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
The touchdown pass to Crabtree.

I can picture it right now....

Alex scrambling around eyes locked on the Crabtree from from the very beginning of the play, scrambles to the left, pump fake, run out of bounds. lol

The TD Alex threw to Crab with blurred vision after sustaining a concussion against the Rams wasn't impressive at all.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
The touchdown pass to Crabtree.

I can picture it right now....

Alex scrambling around eyes locked on the Crabtree from from the very beginning of the play, scrambles to the left, pump fake, run out of bounds. lol

The TD Alex threw to Crab with blurred vision after sustaining a concussion against the Rams wasn't impressive at all.

That was pretty good 5 yard pass and even better YAC, but don't make it the catch 4

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
That was pretty good 5 yard pass and even better YAC, but don't make it the catch 4

The catch 4? Really? Let's give AS some credit. He's had his ups and downs, but the guy is a class act and has done very well the year plus, under JH.

Everyone is talking about CK throwing the ball down the field more, but honestly, there wasn't anything CK did (pass wise) that AS could not have done. Now, does CK have the stronger arm? Absolutely. That wasn't on display Monday, in my humble opionion.

Now bash me.....
Originally posted by UKNiners:

The catch 4? Really? Let's give AS some credit. He's had his ups and downs, but the guy is a class act and has done very well the year plus, under JH.

Everyone is talking about CK throwing the ball down the field more, but honestly, there wasn't anything CK did (pass wise) that AS could not have done. Now, does CK have the stronger arm? Absolutely. That wasn't on display Monday, in my humble opionion.

Now bash me.....

One major thing that Kaep did that AS does not is complete passes to covered WRs.....might a fluke and one time thing....but he still did it....if he can do it again man we have something special
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This is the most subtle and nearly impossible trait to describe with words. Some players just have the ability, and this ability gives them more time in the pocket.

Ah yes, here we turn back to the eye test or the feeling test once again.

Yes, Kap just has that it thing that made the oline hold blocks just a bit longer or whatever.

Can't be the oline had a fantastic game in and of themselfs. Has to be the qb?

ITs gotten a little nuts with some assigning such things to our qb's. Sometimes the oline plays great and gives our qb's lots of time and in everyone of those cases out qb's had great games.

In games that our oline struggled, it puts more pressure on out qb and in some of those cases Alex struggled. Seems pretty simple.

Just look at the Bears game on both sides of the ball for Pete sakes? Or does that take to much? You really think Kap would have had a great game with that oline? Really? He just has that hard to describe it thing that would have made the difference? Give me a break!
Steve young has said that if you could only see a QBs feet for a whole game you could tell if they had a good or bad game. Watch CKs feet and you can see the difference. They were exceptionally smooth in timing his throws. Most of the time he released his throw right when he hits his back foot on a drop. That is a testament to his successful pre-snap and post-snap defensive reads. When he didn't throw on his final step, he was perfect throwing on the hitch step(s) moving up in the pocket, meaning his anticipated throw wasn't there and "hitch, hitch" he is moving smoothly through his reads. There was zero happy feet or uncertainty displayed.

It was classic west coast smooth offensive execution. That is what looked different - and beautifully efficient. It is what we SF fans have been craving.

And despite my consistent support for Smith, it is just not in Smiths game. Smiths feet seem mechanical, and he rarely throw decisively when his back foot lands at the top of his drop, there is a moment of hesitation. And his movement in the pocket isn't as smooth either.
One major thing that Kaep did that AS does not is complete passes to covered WRs.....might a fluke and one time thing....but he still did it....if he can do it again man we have something special

Yeah. We shall see how this plays out. Winning solves everything.
Share 49ersWebzone