There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

Originally posted by Ajanke:
Darn he was very close. Hopefully he can get to Wilson next week and I hope Justin Smith is back. Need that guy.

VERY hard to sack Brady. Even if you wrap him up, he still gets rid of the ball for an incomplete pass. Aldon had him several times, but Brady just got rid of it.
Brady did everything he could to avoid Aldon. I thought Aldon played well until pats started holding him in 2nd half
  • sfout
  • Veteran
as i said earlier it was disappointing he didn't get a sack but he showed good coverage skills against an elite pass offense and came with a half luck, half skill INT so from a developmental standpoint this game was huge for Aldon.
intentional grounding by Brady that wasn't called. Otherwise it would have been a sack.

The injury to Hagans is more concerning. Who's the back up now....
He seemed completely exhausted by games end.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
He seemed completely exhausted by games end.

68 pass attempts will that to anyone not to mention it was 35 degrees, wind chill probably made it 30 or lower. I'm not sure how often Aldon has ever played in cold weather like that.
Can't believe Watt caught up. That guy is a monster
While JJ Watt and his crew wore custom letterman jackets to Foxboro, Aldon Smith had on his team issued blue collar shirt!

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Wearing his mechanic-style, team-issued work shirt -- with his surname stitched on a patch over his heart -- Aldon Smith sheepishly smiled like the 23-year-old he is at the question of whether or not the San Francisco 49ers made a resounding statement on Sunday night.

"You think we did?" he responded to the questioner, before getting a "yes" back.

"I do, too," he continued.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000112488/article/san-francisco-49ers-prove-mettle-against-new-england-patriots
I don't know if Aldon is going to get it. Wilson is mobile and can get out of the pocket very fast. His only hope is that last game against AZ with whoever is playing QB for the Cardinals
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
While JJ Watt and his crew wore custom letterman jackets to Foxboro, Aldon Smith had on his team issued blue collar shirt!

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Wearing his mechanic-style, team-issued work shirt -- with his surname stitched on a patch over his heart -- Aldon Smith sheepishly smiled like the 23-year-old he is at the question of whether or not the San Francisco 49ers made a resounding statement on Sunday night.

"You think we did?" he responded to the questioner, before getting a "yes" back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000112488/article/san-francisco-49ers-prove-mettle-against-new-england-patriots

LOL what makes us different then the Texans is that the niners have done that since Jim got here. The Texans thought it they would basically be playing a "state playoff" or "homecoming" kind of game if they wore those dumb jackets.
Originally posted by sfout:

LOL what makes us different then the Texans is that the niners have done that since Jim got here. The Texans thought it they would basically be playing a "state playoff" or "homecoming" kind of game if they wore those dumb jackets.

yeah they pointed it out on espn prior to the game, Watt walking all slow-motion with like two other dudes in letterman jackets, they must of felt like dbags wearing it after the game, lmao
  • sfout
  • Veteran

yeah they pointed it out on espn prior to the game, Watt walking all slow-motion with like two other dudes in letterman jackets, they must of felt like dbags wearing it after the game, lmao

I would've given anything to have been at that game and just pull a Nelson from the Simpsons, "HAHA!"
as i said earlier it was disappointing he didn't get a sack but he showed good coverage skills against an elite pass offense and came with a half luck, half skill INT so from a developmental standpoint this game was huge for Aldon.

Agree. Great game from Aldon. He almost had two sacks on the first drive, so damn close!
Originally posted by YungAce:
Can't believe Watt caught up. That guy is a monster

It's like when Mark McGwire was going for the home run record and then Sammy Sosa comes out of nowhere to spoil all the fun.
Haggans got hurt?