There are 291 users in the forums

This is not Jim's team yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap will end up being a better Qb than Alex in a couple of years.
Originally posted by mayo49:

True that.

Now here is my scale of a QB that is better than Alex:

A guy like Josh Freeman, or Phillip Rivers, or Jake Delhomme.

A guy like that may not be good enough to carry this team in a couple of years if we start losing some starters on defense due to retirement, free agency, or they simply get old.

We're gonna need Kaepernick to be great, not just better.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
This is Andy Lee's team

Haha, haha,
Originally posted by zillabeast:

True that.

A guy like that may not be good enough to carry this team in a couple of years if we start losing some starters on defense due to retirement, free agency, or they simply get old.

This assumes that we don't replace the defense with the same level of talent. The talent on the defensive side of the ball this year in the draft is amazingly good.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

True that.

This assumes that we don't replace the defense with the same level of talent. The talent on the defensive side of the ball this year in the draft is amazingly good.
our draft philosophy is to draft for next year and the year after that and not the upcoming year. you must have missed the staff meeting
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Walsh won a super bowl with a bunch of guys drafted by Monte Clark and then Joe Thomas. He added some key peices but the idea a coach has to have "his" players to win is overblown. Yes, they need to have players who commit to the system, but other than that not so much.

The idea that Smith is holding the team back this year is really nonsense. He has played two playoff games, excellent in one and OK in the other. Certainly was giving the team a chance to win the NYG game until the turn overs handed the game to NY.

Jon Gruden won the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay in his first year, with all of Tony Dungy's players. When he finally got his own players, it got him fired after a few years.

I kind of think that the team Harbaugh has at the moment, is already the type of team he would've built anyway. Look at Stanford, they ran an offense with a smart quarterback, stable of runningbacks, intelligent/athletic offensive linemen, and versatile tight ends. That's EXACTLY what we have here. And on defense, our defense is an elite defense, though it isn't as aggressive as the Stanford D was.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Jon Gruden won the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay in his first year, with all of Tony Dungy's players. When he finally got his own players, it got him fired after a few years.

I kind of think that the team Harbaugh has at the moment, is already the type of team he would've built anyway. Look at Stanford, they ran an offense with a smart quarterback, stable of runningbacks, intelligent/athletic offensive linemen, and versatile tight ends. That's EXACTLY what we have here. And on defense, our defense is an elite defense, though it isn't as aggressive as the Stanford D was.

I agree and believe that Nolan did a fairly good job developing a team of character guys...the one thing he did right!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I agree and believe that Nolan did a fairly good job developing a team of character guys...the one thing he did right!
agree plus he got justin smith, sing gets zero credit for anything,,, not even vernon davis in my opinion,
Now.

Now this is Jim's team.

True that.

What? You're saying you'd take Alex over Jake in his Super Bowl prime?
Share 49ersWebzone