LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

This is not Jim's team yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
This is Harbaugh team. Most of the players have been drafted by the previous regime, but they fit with the power running style that Jim used in Stanford. Also the players have bought in, how can they not after coming so close to playing in a superbowl.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

The idea that Smith is holding the team back this year is really nonsense.

That's crazy talk. Alex does a nice job, but there's no doubt he's holding us back. You think if Peyton came here we would be ranked 28th in passing offense?

If Peyton had signed with the 9ers we would have had a double homicide with Harbaugh and Manning strangling each other! But no...if we had God playing QB it would be good as well. Maybe two of the best WRs? That would help. An all pro line? That would help. All pro CBs? That would help. You can isolate Smith and blame him or you can consider the team as a whole being a solid unit. If Smith does not play well in the playoffs I will consider him holding the team back. Not sure why you would think 6-2-1 is being held back.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That does not make this team any less capable of winning a Super Bowl right now. The only thing stopping us is Alex Smith's play against top defenses. Until he gets over that hump, we're in a holding pattern.

Couldn't agree more.
This makes no sense. I'm sorry but MJ didn't win a Bball championship until Phil Jackson came. So coaches elevate a player and team
Originally posted by defenderDX:
That does not make this team any less capable of winning a Super Bowl right now. The only thing stopping us is Alex Smith's play against top defenses. Until he gets over that hump, we're in a holding pattern.

Couldn't agree more.
Must agree! coach J.H. came in and made us winners M.Sing got firer and will have a hard time finding a head coach job .....Q.B. is the ???????

That's crazy talk. Alex does a nice job, but there's no doubt he's holding us back. You think if Peyton came here we would be ranked 28th in passing offense?

Wrong. If Harbaugh felt the same way, Kaep would be starting.
I'm excited to see what Jim's team will be.

If Peyton had signed with the 9ers we would have had a double homicide with Harbaugh and Manning strangling each other! But no...if we had God playing QB it would be good as well. Maybe two of the best WRs? That would help. An all pro line? That would help. All pro CBs? That would help. You can isolate Smith and blame him or you can consider the team as a whole being a solid unit. If Smith does not play well in the playoffs I will consider him holding the team back. Not sure why you would think 6-2-1 is being held back.

Because we're ranked 28th in passing yards. We have the weapons to be much better than that. I have nothing against Alex. I've seen every minute he's ever played, and I still root for him. But let's not pretend he isn't what he is.
I give this thread about one more page until it turns into another Alex Smith thread
This is Brian Jennings team! This one's for Brian!

*Now some one put up the Jesus pic of him

So what you are saying is that this is still Singletarys team???
Because we're ranked 28th in passing yards. We have the weapons to be much better than that. I have nothing against Alex. I've seen every minute he's ever played, and I still root for him. But let's not pretend he isn't what he is.

Passing yards is one statistical category out of many. His efficiency does not require 350 yards per game...in college or in the NFL. Both places his teams won without it. And that stat is not a QB stat but a passing game stat that must take in the entirety of the offense.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So what you are saying is that this is still Singletarys team???

I don't know, I have to look at the film.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

Hence the sentence "It's great we have played to a championship level."

WHo resigned Alex to a three year deal? Jim Harbaugh and co. right? Seems somewhat contradictive to say just cause we drafted Kaep. that Alex is not a Jim Harbaugh guy, even though Jim Harbaugh is the sole reason Alex is back and is starting.

Could be that Harbaugh realized Alex was the best QB available for now while Kaepernick studies the nuances of the playbook. Just a thought...
On another note, I don't know what a "Harbaugh Guy" is.

I would guess tough, passionate, and competitive. A replica model of our head coach. Somebody who loves the game. Any questions?
Originally posted by Redeemer:

Wrong. If Harbaugh felt the same way, Kaep would be starting.

I disagree, because I don't think Kaep is better than Alex. For all his shortcomings, Alex is the best we have. Just because I think a more prolific passer could do a better job in this offense doesn't mean I think he's garbage.
Share 49ersWebzone