There are 225 users in the forums

This is not Jim's team yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Walsh added the following players

Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Carlton Williamson, Dwight Hicks, Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, Fred Dean

Keena Turner, Dwayne Board, Ricky Patton, Eason Ramson, Charlie Young, Dan Audick, Allan Kennedy, John Harty, Rick Gervais, Saladin Martin

Joe and Dwight.

So let's see that what the entire secondary. 3/4 of the linebackers most of the DLine the qurterback, the running back, the TEs and half of the receivers. And the best QB ever. Oh Granted Fahnhorst, Solomon, and Cross where on the team before Walsh. So 3/22 starters for the 1981 SB where there before Walsh built the team.

Wanna rethink your statement.

So over three years he added 18 out of 50 players? On the other hand I said he used "a bunch of guys" who were brought in by previous regimes...which is true.
It's great we have played to a championship level. Jim is working with previous players drafted by the other regime. Granted much of the talent we have is universal: Staley, Willis, J. Smith and Davis, but Jim is just getting started creating his version of the niners. I think it will be 2-3 years after 4-5 drafts for us to see Jim's vision. What made Walsh and Jimmy Johnson special was the ability to draft guys for their systems. I think Jim can do it as well. I bet in 3 years the transformation will be complete.

Well based on the second draft, I guess Jim invisions a team full of bench warmers.
"we want to build a bully"

need an elite qb for that to happen
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Walsh added the following players

Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Carlton Williamson, Dwight Hicks, Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, Fred Dean

Keena Turner, Dwayne Board, Ricky Patton, Eason Ramson, Charlie Young, Dan Audick, Allan Kennedy, John Harty, Rick Gervais, Saladin Martin

Joe and Dwight.

So let's see that what the entire secondary. 3/4 of the linebackers most of the DLine the qurterback, the running back, the TEs and half of the receivers. And the best QB ever. Oh Granted Fahnhorst, Solomon, and Cross where on the team before Walsh. So 3/22 starters for the 1981 SB where there before Walsh built the team.

Wanna rethink your statement.
Beat me to it. But yea, that team was virtually built by Walsh.

On the subject of the thread, it will be interesting to see what this team looks like in 2013.
I hate when people come on forums thinking their analyst. Jim Harbaugh is the coach who has led the team to an NFC championship....therefore its his team .
It's great we have played to a championship level. Jim is working with previous players drafted by the other regime. Granted much of the talent we have is universal: Staley, Willis, J. Smith and Davis, but Jim is just getting started creating his version of the niners. I think it will be 2-3 years after 4-5 drafts for us to see Jim's vision. What made Walsh and Jimmy Johnson special was the ability to draft guys for their systems. I think Jim can do it as well. I bet in 3 years the transformation will be complete.

Who's team is it then? Same players Nolan and Singletary had for the most part. Not his team in the sense that he has had only 2 draft classes. Aldon, Hunter and Miller are the only impact players thus far. The D free agent signings last year, Donte and Constantly Burned Carlos, were not half bad.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Walsh won a super bowl with a bunch of guys drafted by Monte Clark and then Joe Thomas. He added some key peices but the idea a coach has to have "his" players to win is overblown. Yes, they need to have players who commit to the system, but other than that not so much.

The idea that Smith is holding the team back this year is really nonsense. He has played two playoff games, excellent in one and OK in the other. Certainly was giving the team a chance to win the NYG game until the turn overs handed the game to NY.

Well said.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Who's team is it then? Same players Nolan and Singletary had for the most part. Not his team in the sense that he has had only 2 draft classes. Aldon, Hunter and Miller are the only impact players thus far. The D free agent signings last year, Donte and Constantly Burned Carlos, were not half bad.

Don't forget Culliver (though he probably he wishes he could forget his game against the Rams). He's usually pretty good and has been coming along nicely.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Im sorry but i dont care who drafted who. JH inherited a terribble team and turned it around. That Makes it HIS team. It takes alot more effort to work with and succeed with what you are handed then bringing in your own cadre.

Jim inherited a terrible team? HA! He took over a very talented team.

and I'm one of Jim's biggest fans....but come man.

Talented? Ok, maybe. But, didnt win. And with JH, one game away from the SB. Enough said.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Talented? Ok, maybe. But, didnt win. And with JH, one game away from the SB. Enough said.
well it is basically three 1 year deals....again if they were fully commited to him these next few years they would've gave him that type of security.

but I agree though, Alex is a Harbaugh guy. I think Harbaugh loves how tough he his, and knows how important it is to have a durable consistent (Alex level) QB.

Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That does not make this team any less capable of winning a Super Bowl right now. The only thing stopping us is Alex Smith's play against top defenses. Until he gets over that hump, we're in a holding pattern.

Hence the sentence "It's great we have played to a championship level."

WHo resigned Alex to a three year deal? Jim Harbaugh and co. right? Seems somewhat contradictive to say just cause we drafted Kaep. that Alex is not a Jim Harbaugh guy, even though Jim Harbaugh is the sole reason Alex is back and is starting.

Could be that Harbaugh realized Alex was the best QB available for now while Kaepernick studies the nuances of the playbook. Just a thought...
On another note, I don't know what a "Harbaugh Guy" is.

Its not CK.

Originally posted by ninermedic:
Don't forget Culliver (though he probably he wishes he could forget his game against the Rams). He's usually pretty good and has been coming along nicely.

Yes, thank you.

I see what you're saying man and I dig it, I righteously dig it. We have some amazing talent to work with right now.

But after Jim gets a couple more drafts under his belt he can bring in his type of players and further fine tune an already stacked roster.

Makes me smile when I think about this teams future.
Im sorry but i dont care who drafted who. JH inherited a terribble team and turned it around. That Makes it HIS team. It takes alot more effort to work with and succeed with what you are handed then bringing in your own cadre.

we were pretty good to begin with, just needed someone to put the pieces together correctly
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

we were pretty good to begin with, just needed someone to put the pieces together correctly

Pretty much. Coaching was what held this team back, not a lack of talent.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

The idea that Smith is holding the team back this year is really nonsense.

That's crazy talk. Alex does a nice job, but there's no doubt he's holding us back. You think if Peyton came here we would be ranked 28th in passing offense?
Share 49ersWebzone