There are 210 users in the forums

A look towards the future, cap wise

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Thanks man, I love doing this. I put 49ers #1 in my life, besides health and family of course, I love calculating numbers, then Web Design for my websites.And right now my Rockets.

Its funny everytime I see 49ers and salary cap in the same sentence I still get chills remembering the late 90's and the 49ers paying Junior Bryant 5 years after he was out of the league

Its so refreshing seeing that the people in place are on top of the cap issue.
Thanks man, I love doing this. I put 49ers #1 in my life, besides health and family of course, I love calculating numbers, then Web Design for my websites.And right now my Rockets.

james harden, doe
A look towards the future, Kaep wise
Originally posted by pdizo916:

james harden, doe

looking good right now, 19 points, Houston up by 19 at Half against Hornets.
Very impressive. Nice work.
AB, altho math has always been a love of mine, and I needed one more college course to have had a math major....and also that I have been a die hard football fan since I was a kid many decades ago. It always gives me pause to see you at your best. No question you are expert at football. Double that for math, cap math in particular, which is math with limits all with seemingly infinite variables and permutations. Question is, what is your background such that you can take a rat's nest of information, boil it down, and then seemingly always come up with the one or two best ways in which to structure a contract...and for whom. Simply, how did you get to or what did you do to end up with a Cap pencil that most NFL teams ( I believe) would love to have? Except in very, very few cases, your analyses over time have usually been the way it works out. How, AB, how did you learn this talent, and what did you do to make it so easy for the rest of us to understand?

Thanks in advance, hombre.
Great as always AB sometimes I wonder if your not actually paraage just messing with us lol would certainly make sense. Your knowledge of all this astounds me
Quick question.
Does the base salary need to be within the league requirements for the minimum salary per seniority?

You have players first year contract base salaries very low. Justin Smith's is 2013- $940,000(Base Salary). Does the base need to be within the minimal allowed or altogether with bonuses?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
AB, altho math has always been a love of mine, and I needed one more college course to have had a math major....and also that I have been a die hard football fan since I was a kid many decades ago. It always gives me pause to see you at your best. No question you are expert at football. Double that for math, cap math in particular, which is math with limits all with seemingly infinite variables and permutations. Question is, what is your background such that you can take a rat's nest of information, boil it down, and then seemingly always come up with the one or two best ways in which to structure a contract...and for whom. Simply, how did you get to or what did you do to end up with a Cap pencil that most NFL teams ( I believe) would love to have? Except in very, very few cases, your analyses over time have usually been the way it works out. How, AB, how did you learn this talent, and what did you do to make it so easy for the rest of us to understand?

I really started this about 10 years ago, just for fun, thought it was a bit weird, so I never showed it to anyone. I have no degree background, and I really hate certain math, but this capology is one that I enjoy.

I usually look at what the years cap outcome looks like, so for 2015 and 2016, it seems best to push as much cap room into those years on big deals like Iupati, Aldon, A.Davis and Goldson, and Bowman

I have seen the CBA, very tough to digest, like over 400 pages, I have a PDF somewhere on my site. The terminology is so wacked out. Like a base salary is known as a P5 salary, and different code names. Players get now what is called per game active game checks for roster bonuses. Some get one in March if on roster.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Quick question.
Does the base salary need to be within the league requirements for the minimum salary per seniority?

You have players first year contract base salaries very low. Justin Smith's is 2013- $940,000(Base Salary). Does the base need to be within the minimal allowed or altogether with bonuses?

Yes, NFL rules are the players must receive at least the minimum for the players years accrued, so basically a guy like Leonard Davis gets $925,000 for this year, but only counts $540,000 due to vet credits, that helps out a ton with players like Gooden also.

Justin Smith can do more than the 940k, but that is lowest he can go. His bonuses are different, they vary in ranges. Some can see 10k, or 10 million in 1 season.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I really started this about 10 years ago, just for fun, thought it was a bit weird, so I never showed it to anyone. I have no degree background, and I really hate certain math, but this capology is one that I enjoy.

I usually look at what the years cap outcome looks like, so for 2015 and 2016, it seems best to push as much cap room into those years on big deals like Iupati, Aldon, A.Davis and Goldson, and Bowman

I have seen the CBA, very tough to digest, like over 400 pages, I have a PDF somewhere on my site. The terminology is so wacked out. Like a base salary is known as a P5 salary, and different code names. Players get now what is called per game active game checks for roster bonuses. Some get one in March if on roster.

Quick question.

Yes, NFL rules are the players must receive at least the minimum for the players years accrued, so basically a guy like Leonard Davis gets $925,000 for this year, but only counts $540,000 due to vet credits, that helps out a ton with players like Gooden also.

Justin Smith can do more than the 940k, but that is lowest he can go. His bonuses are different, they vary in ranges. Some can see 10k, or 10 million in 1 season.

Damn you're good. How's ninercaphell doing these days? You on eggshells with the Alex Smith talks? Could use you but it can be easy to get volatile and warnings.

• fip24
  • Veteran
After reading this, it seems that the Niners have pretty good spacing with their exprriing contacts. Meaning, Rodgers will probably be gone by the time Culliver is due....Staley by the time Davis is due, etc. My one concern is Bowman...Can a 3-4 team that needs elite talent on the Dline and at OLB pay two MLB's at an elite level?

AB--love reading your posts..Thank you
Good Job AB ...The Zone's most valued resource, we are always in the loop with you around
Damn you're good. How's ninercaphell doing these days? You on eggshells with the Alex Smith talks? Could use you but it can be easy to get volatile and warnings.

Most want Kaep at QB. I just want consistent QB play, whether Alex or Kaep. Honestly it's dying, not many members, and we switched forum software, so some aren't happy. I get flack for posting here, but I could not care less. I started here, I enjoy it here, I have friends here. So I like the Zone.
Originally posted by fip24:
After reading this, it seems that the Niners have pretty good spacing with their exprriing contacts. Meaning, Rodgers will probably be gone by the time Culliver is due....Staley by the time Davis is due, etc. My one concern is Bowman...Can a 3-4 team that needs elite talent on the Dline and at OLB pay two MLB's at an elite level?

AB--love reading your posts..Thank you

Thanks man, they have done a great job spacing the deals around. Problem isn't the team, it's the NFL being unwilling to raise the cap higher than 121M a year. We were at 126M in 2009 before uncapped year, and we went down. It use to go up 4-7M a year depending on revenue sharing.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Good Job AB ...The Zone's most valued resource, we are always in the loop with you around

I try my best, lol. I enjoy this work. I do all teams in an excel workbook. I dont have dead money for everyone, I should of, but I have salaries for active players, eiother on 53 man, suspended, IR, PUP, and P-Squad.
Share 49ersWebzone