There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offense is not holding it's part

We can't beat teams that score 24 on us. Our offensive ranking is not a true indicator of our consistency.

The Defense can't keep fighting the law of averages. The offense finally started playing well the first time this year after being down but then our Special Teams decides to have a brain fart.

If we want to be superbowl contenders, we must be able to outscore a team on occasion.
posted in other thread

9th in yards per drive
9th in points per drive
9th in TD per drive


we are top 10 in offensive production

ediT: does not include rams game
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
We can't beat teams that score 24 on us. Our offensive ranking is not a true indicator of our consistency.
If we want to be superbowl contenders, we must be able to outscore a team on occasion.

NYG only score 13 pts, while Bears without Culter score 6, yesterday. This is true about any team, even the good ones. However, if CK was the starting QB, it would be worse, bet on it.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
We can't beat teams that score 24 on us. Our offensive ranking is not a true indicator of our consistency.

The Defense can't keep fighting the law of averages. The offense finally started playing well the first time this year after being down but then our Special Teams decides to have a brain fart.

If we want to be superbowl contenders, we must be able to outscore a team on occasion.

Is there really no filter in your brain places that say this? --------->
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
posted in other thread

9th in yards per drive
9th in points per drive
9th in TD per drive


we are top 10 in offensive production

ediT: does not include rams game

Yes but the biggest factor is consistency. We have not been a consistent passing offense or consistent scoring offense. Most of the games have been comfortable as we had the lead. But when we don't have a lead, we have struggled.

And those stats don't note that we cannot outscore an opponent if our Defense is struggling this year. Long drives by the opponent. So what. It doesn't mean we should not be capable of putting up more than 24 since those stats indicate we should, right?

Also, a little jab at Alex, but the one game he doesn't finish is the game where our offense actually does overcome. Too bad Special Teams farted.
Our defense gave up TWO second half drives of over 8 minutes and over 7 minutes on scoring drives.

Our defense gave up 7-16 on 3rd down conversions and 2-2 on 4th down conversions... to the Rams... at our house!

Our defense gave up 159 yards rushing... to the Rams... at our house!

Our defense is its own Jekyll and Hyde... not consistent...


Just sayin'...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Our defense gave up TWO second half drives of over 8 minutes and over 7 minutes on scoring drives.

Our defense gave up 7-16 on 3rd down conversions and 2-2 on 4th down conversions... to the Rams... at our house!

Our defense gave up 159 yards rushing... to the Rams... at our house!

Our defense is its own Jekyll and Hyde... not consistent...


Just sayin'...

u including the 2 fake punts and what they gave up on those drives after said fakes?
we tied yesterday because our D line got pushed around and akers choked.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Our defense gave up TWO second half drives of over 8 minutes and over 7 minutes on scoring drives.

Our defense gave up 7-16 on 3rd down conversions and 2-2 on 4th down conversions... to the Rams... at our house!

Our defense gave up 159 yards rushing... to the Rams... at our house!

Our defense is its own Jekyll and Hyde... not consistent...


Just sayin'...

Yet after all this, they only allowed 24. In the playoffs, it won't be easy keeping teams under 20.

What's weird is that our offense actually battled back to get into position to score 27...without Alex, a player who has been very inconsistent throughout the year. Alex has been like the Carlos Rodgers of the offense.
Joecool, your thought process baffles me
All 3 facets of our game is full of inconsistencies.

Offensively, we blow out GB and Detroit, then get beat up by Minn and NY.

Defensively, we shut down the MVP and Stafford, then get beat up by Ponder and Bradford.

STs we force TOs and on occasion get great field position by Ginn's returns, only to have Akers botch easy FGs.

This entire team plays like Jekyl and Hyde. Just hoping the Jekyls show up all together come playoff time.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yet after all this, they only allowed 24. In the playoffs, it won't be easy keeping teams under 20.

What's weird is that our offense actually battled back to get into position to score 27...without Alex, a player who has been very inconsistent throughout the year. Alex has been like the Carlos Rodgers of the offense.

i was going to let it stay but this post was so out there, I have to lock it. Try harder