There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis uninspired or hurt?

We should've kept Ulbrich
Originally posted by Goldblooded49:
Originally posted by MarkD:
The reason why the Defense and Willis aren't playing as well is because Sopoaga isn't getting the job done. He is not clogging the middle and taking on the double teams like he used to last year. The defensive line isn't getting pressure because of that and teams are getting to the second level taking out Willis.

Yes yes yes I have another real fan and you are 100% right ever since he got hurt in the Vikings game he hasnt been the same guy. Something is up with him. Real Niner fans lets school all the other bandwagon statwagon Niner fans on here.

I noticed this as well. the NT is kinda what makes a 3-4 go, especially in the run-stopping department.

If you don't have a big ugly in there that can stonewall the O-line and grab up some blockers to let the LB's run free it's just not going to be effective.

Hopefully this is an issue of Soap being less than 100%. If not, maybe RJF can step up...

Either way I think we need to address the D-line in the first round or 2 of next years draft.


Ok dudes,

I know everyone remembers Willis at his best getting a dozen tackles a game, but in case you haven't been following the evolution of the defense and his role for the past two years, Willis has been asked to drop back into coverage more and more often. So when he's "standing around" in the center of the field, he's in man coverage on the tight end or running back to make sure they don't slip out for a late screen or quick strike.

Since Bowman has inherited the role of "The Tackling Machine", Willis' responsibilities have gotten more complex. Before the St. Louis game, we had the 2nd best passing defense in the league. I think you can credit Dashon Goldson and Patrick Willis for the secondary's improved play, along with Perrish Cox as the 4th DB (big upgrade over Tremaine Brock). I'm sure if you put Willis back in his old role, he would excel. But that's not where we need him, not with the emergence of tight ends in the modern offensive game.

Capiche?
What are we getting into? You're only as good as your last play? Emotion and motivation make up so much of what a team brings to the game on Sundays. The Rams got blown out in London by the Pats in their last game. The team was disciplined and several starters were benched. If that does not motivate you as a player in terms of job security nothing will. Coach Fisher is one of the absolute best coaches in the NFL, period. If you have to point a finger, the second faked punt with over 5 minutes to play is the reason we lost the game. Just hold them at the line of scrimmage and there is no fake. And lastly in the NFL.......... ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.
He's fine, don't worry. Willis is still one of the best linebackers in the entire league.
I blame his fiance
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
He's fine, don't worry. Willis is still one of the best linebackers in the entire league.

Still Alex's fault!
S.jackson put one of the best blocks of the game vs. Willis. Crazy collision...
Originally posted by Psinex:


Ok dudes,

I know everyone remembers Willis at his best getting a dozen tackles a game, but in case you haven't been following the evolution of the defense and his role for the past two years, Willis has been asked to drop back into coverage more and more often. So when he's "standing around" in the center of the field, he's in man coverage on the tight end or running back to make sure they don't slip out for a late screen or quick strike.

Since Bowman has inherited the role of "The Tackling Machine", Willis' responsibilities have gotten more complex. Before the St. Louis game, we had the 2nd best passing defense in the league. I think you can credit Dashon Goldson and Patrick Willis for the secondary's improved play, along with Perrish Cox as the 4th DB (big upgrade over Tremaine Brock). I'm sure if you put Willis back in his old role, he would excel. But that's not where we need him, not with the emergence of tight ends in the modern offensive game.


Capiche?

Preach on brother that's the samething I was saying check out my last post. I like real fans with real facts.
Unispired??? Did you not see E:60????
If you want to go into a tigers den go to the webzone and put unispired and Patrick Willis in the same sentence.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
DLine is not playing as well as last year.

As a result the LB's and secondary are more vulnerable.

Finally, a voice of reason. Willis and Bowman are getting popped by Olineman, a lot. Soap isn't playing at a high level and neither is RJF. I think our guys are wearing down in the season due to a lack of depth.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
DLine is not playing as well as last year.

As a result the LB's and secondary are more vulnerable.

Finally, a voice of reason. Willis and Bowman are getting popped by Olineman, a lot. Soap isn't playing at a high level and neither is RJF. I think our guys are wearing down in the season due to a lack of depth.

But isnt rjf suppose to provide the depth/rest for soap. hell, soap only plays the base anyhow. At DE quality backups are a prob. Hopefully DE will be addressed come draft, in the meantime coach T needs to get their asses in gear.
i thought willis played great yesterday. he made some important stops. just because our defense has gotten better and he doesnt have to make every damn play on his own doesnt mean hes lost a step. Willis is still the best player on our team.
Originally posted by MarkD:
The reason why the Defense and Willis aren't playing as well is because Sopoaga isn't getting the job done. He is not clogging the middle and taking on the double teams like he used to last year. The defensive line isn't getting pressure because of that and teams are getting to the second level taking out Willis.

fully agree i think issac is OVER RATED HE SUCKS AN IS MAKING A KILLING FOR A GUY WE COULD REPLACE WITH SOMEONE CHEAPER AND THE SAME PRODUCTION. BYE ISSAC YOU COULDN"T PLAY END EITHER!