LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Willis uninspired or hurt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Willis looked uninspired or hurt, undisclosed injury, in this game vs the rams. Steven Jackson had 101 yds 1TD and Daryl Richardson 58 more. Willis was just standing around and not running to the ball and tackling on most running plays.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM ]
Oh god, how many times do we have to see this thread every season?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cut him and bring back Derek Smith.
Willis definitly didn't look like himself. The whole D didn't. I haven't seen that many missed tackles in a long time.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Willis definitly didn't look like himself. The whole D didn't. I haven't seen that many missed tackles in a long time.

Nope. LBs: Brooks and Aldon Smith played well on rushing and run stop. Bowman did okay, consider Willis played under par. Willis was below average when you compare him to his usual standard. I think he has a undisclosed injury, most likely his lower body. IMO his poor play was the difference on the defense that gave the 3-5 rams 24 pts.

Furthermore there wasn't much pass rush the whole game except for a few occasions of Aldon Smith getting through (2 sacks).
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM ]
Wish I could blame someone. The D played like crap today and the O was even worse.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
Nope. LBs: Brooks and Aldon Smith played well on rushing and run stop. Bowman did okay, consider Willis played under par. Willis was below average when you compare him to his usual standard. I think he has a undisclosed injury, most likely his lower body. IMO his poor play was the difference on the defense that gave the 3-5 rams 24 pts.

Furthermore there wasn't much pass rush the whole game except for a few occasions of Aldon Smith getting through (2 sacks).

Brooks and Aldon Smith were on-point, they both made some huge plays stuffing Jackson behind the LOS and Brooks knocked down several of Bradford's passes. The cornerbacks looked lost, and the DL as mostly missing in action, teams are getting way too much penetration up the middle.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
Wish I could blame someone. The D played like crap today and the O was even worse.

The special teams played worse than both combined
Playing like a b***h. He will never be as good as Ray Lewis

Guess we'll find out next Monday, if Willis is hurt or not.
I think the defense is getting too much blame. They played a lot better after a horrendous start. Also, they played through a stretch of garbage from our offense. They were constantly on the field and maintained.

That was one of the worst games of Willis' career. Maybe his worst
Donte Whitner has stone hands
Originally posted by sacniner:
I think the defense is getting too much blame. They played a lot better after a horrendous start. Also, they played through a stretch of garbage from our offense. They were constantly on the field and maintained.

That was one of the worst games of Willis' career. Maybe his worst

Plenty of opportunities all game to make plays and speed to the ball to tackle for losses or shorter gains, however most of the time he just jog up to the ball carrier or stood there. Not good. Why 3-5 rams had 24 pts and ran the ball and gain yds.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM ]
Bring Back Brandon Moore & cut this chump

Share 49ersWebzone