There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

i got 20 bucks on this game. we better win.
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Bears don't have the Cruz-Welker-Amendola type reciever.

No they have Marshall, who is better than all 3 of those guys.

dont they have devin hester? i'm sure he falls under that category. maybe not as great a reciever, but if they can use him the same way..oh man.. especially on kick returns.. OH MAN. it might be a long game..

Hester can't catch lol. He drops balls left and right... Why do you think he's buried on the depth chart at WR?
Right now I honestly hope if we get definitive word that Cutler is out we sit Alex and roll the dice on CK and prepare Tolzien as backup as well. I know its a little bit of a crap shoot and you can sieze an advantage there by having our starter vs their backup...but I think the mans long term health is more important not just to the team, but to his own future than this one game. Campbell vs CK seems a pretty fair matchup, if we come to play we can still win that game...would it be easier with Alex's steady hand not giving the Bear's D any extra chances to take the game away...of course, but if we can give Alex time to heal and win the game anyway, its a risk that is worth taking not just for our season, but for Alex's career.
I hope we activate Jacobs so we don't get another one of our QBs concussed...
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Before Campbell went down in Oakland, he had that team winning. He was actually playing Alex Smith ball by not tunring the ball over and relying on McFadden and Bush to carry the load. He has Forte and Bush now so do not sleep on this guy. He is good for a game or two if need be. He is a very capable backup.

Agree with this! He was a hit or miss kind of guy with the Raiders. And this is his chance to make a statement about his stalled career.
This is a must win in more ways then one.

If the Bears win against us we come away with a real dent in the morale and head into a short week against a Saints team that has been itching to settle the score. If we go into that dome against the Saints out of sorts Brees will have his way with us. Before we know it the Rams are lining up across from us again and it may seem like Groundhog Day to some of the boys!

Win against the Bears and some of that pressure will come immediately off.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Cutler won't start, and our defense will dominate. -I'm calling a 34-9 beatdown, and by the end of the night the entire webzone/media will be saying something along the lines of, "WILL THIS TEAM MAKE UP ITS f**kING MIND!?" -Then we ride into week 12 as the 3rd best team in the NFL (not to mention second best in the NFC)... and then we struggle against the Saints the following week.

The webzone will EXPLODE if Kaep goes up against the Chicago defense and hands out a BEATING, only to have Alex Smith return and play mediocre in a losing effort against the worst defense in football the following week.

Don't turn every thread into a Smith vs CK whinge.

I can't see the team beating down the Bears regardless of who starts at qb. Their D is too good. Close game and low scoring.

This game is definitely going to be low scoring. Alex is going to have difficulty letting the ball go with such tight coverage and if Kaep starts, he is going to throw interceptions. We are royally screwed. Whether its Alex or Kaep, one of them is going to have to "make plays." They wont need to be a lot of big plays if our defense neutralizes Cutler, but only a few big plays will be needed. Its not comforting to know 20% of the Bears TDs occur at the hand of their defense.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM ]
I was looking forward to picking off cutlers passes all day but watever we can just focus on killing campbell. Come on guys we got this its time we put are faith back in are team and will them to go on a hot streak and be the dominating team that we all know they are....GO NINERS!!!!!!!
We are going to put on another ass whooping on National TV again for the whole world to see!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We are going to put on another ass whooping on National TV again for the whole world to see!

thank goodness that rams game was pretty much contained to SF and St.Louis.
If Alex plays we win, if Kaep plays we lose and lose big
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

wrong.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

i think so too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
24-12 Niners