There are 235 users in the forums

How can the 49ers make sure that our first 2 picks are used next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gelder:
We didn't draft an LB depth at a high pick because we were high on Cam Johnson, and still had a very trustyworthy veteran in Parys Haralson before he got hurt as the third backer. Unfortunately, I think Parys gets let go next year because of his contract. DE/OLB will be our priorities in the top 2 rounds. Possibly a safety depending on how the Goldson deal pans out.

AND Fleming. We drafted 2 OLBs and they like Dobbs. Injuries happen, and Cowboy is a freak. He probably walks out into the woods after the game and rips a bear in half if he plays less than 90% of the snaps.
Cut everybody and start rebuilding.
Ginn will be released. Moss will retire after getting his SB. Jacobs is cut. Dixon too.

Frank and Hunter split the load more evenly with Hunter getting more time and LMJ is used as both a kick return man and the 3rd rb.

Manningham and Crab's start. Jenkins competes with kw for the 3rd spot.
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Trade them to the Chiefs for Eric Berry

Bold. Bold but I like it Cap space would be a problem though
using them
Moss will retire and we will not resign jacobs. there we go
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Draft an outside linebacker
I don't mind that James and Jenkins aren't playing this year. I also doubt seriously that either are in danger of not making the roster next year and not getting significant playing time, especially A.J. Jenkins. Next season, Moss is certainly gone, and I would be content to go into 2013 with Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams, and Ginn as our receivers. That gives us 5 receivers. Considering our style of offense, it doesn't hurt to have Ginn in the 5th receiver role anyway. Also, James will be taking Brandon Jacobs spot, and unlike Jacobs, he will be used.

To the poster that wanted to draft Zach Ertz, I'd like to as well, but after we passed on Fleener, I'm not getting my hopes up about anymore Stanford players. I like Delanie Walker, but it's not guarantee he will return. I expected certain things out of the offense like power running, high percentage passing, deep balls to receivers, and heavy use of the tight end. After 1 and a half seasons, we have developed 2 out of the 4. Is it me, or does it seem like they are using Vernon Davis as more of a home run hitter? I say this because if he were truly a go-to guy in this offense, they would find ways to get him the ball and make sure he is a part of the offense, no matter what a defense is doing. Considering our cap situation and the depth we will have, 2013 may be a good year to move up to get that OLB and DE. Of the I believe 9 picks that we have, how many actually have a chance of making the team?

Next year, I don't think we will have to worry about our top picks producing. Either they will have to come in and replace possible departures (like Dashon Goldson) or they will be key backups. I'm hoping with Goldson's lights out play this year that we will get a deal done and won't have to go FS so early. If we resign him, then it's definitely OLB and DE.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Ginn will be released. Moss will retire after getting his SB. Jacobs is cut. Dixon too.

Frank and Hunter split the load more evenly with Hunter getting more time and LMJ is used as both a kick return man and the 3rd rb.

See, someone else has knowledge on this board. Exactly what I stated earlier, but a few people thought that was IMPOSSIBLE in earlier posts.
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by WINiner:

See, someone else has knowledge on this board. Exactly what I stated earlier, but a few people thought that was IMPOSSIBLE in earlier posts.

Not a fan of this comment, and clearly, I have had no horse in this race of yours. These are people's predictions... some may seem more informed and educated guesses than others.. but none of us truly know what will be.

You're thinking is dated...by that I mean the Niner roster is full of talented players now. Baalke's keeping an excellent core...very little chance for a rookie to break through. But, that's a good thing...when you're drafting for the future, your roster has arrived. Ours has.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Not a fan of this comment, and clearly, I have had no horse in this race of yours. These are people's predictions... some may seem more informed and educated guesses than others.. but none of us truly know what will be.

I made an educated guess, and someone on earlier pages said "NOT HAPPENING" on both things that I said.

If you look at the contracts, Moss and Ginn are up after this year. Jenkins will for sure be competing for the third spot. Jacobs isn't coming back, and I doubt Dixon is either unless for special teams only which frees up time for LaMichael.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Moss will retire and we will not resign jacobs. there we go

After watching Moss take it to the house against the Cards , I'm not too sure he will want to retire , but winning a superbowl ring might persuade him to go out on top
Susweel - As I said earlier .. Proof is in the pudding in this link below (at least with my prediction being an intelligent one)

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/The-future-of-the-49ers-2012-draft-class?blockID=799305&feedID=5936
They'll be used and will be much more effective because they'll know the system. Less thinking and more FAST reacting will prove their worth.
Share 49ersWebzone