There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Some Stat Projections for 2012 Year (Mid-Season)

Stats aren't important. Wins are, but they are a good indicator of what's working and what's not.

These are some of the more interesting ones, in my opinion, starting with the most important:

WIN-LOSS RECORD: 12-4
Total Offense (Yardage): 5904 yards
Points For: 377.6
Total Defense (Yardage): 2944 Yards
Points Allowed: 206.4

Alex Smith, QB: 290 Completions, 418 Attempts, 3318 Yards, 24 TDs, 10 INTs
Frank Gore, RB: 238.4 Carries, 1312 Yards, 8 TDs
Michael Crabtree, WR: 78 Receptions, 880 Yards, 6 TDs
Vernon Davis, TE: 50 Receptions, 748 Yards, 8 TDs

Justin Smith, DL: 70 Total Tackles (56 Solo, 14 Assist), 0 Sacks
Patrick Willis, MLB: 130 Total Tackles (96 Solo, 34 Assist)
Navorro Bowman, MLB: 136 Total Tackles (84 Solo, 52 Assist)
Aldon Smith, OLB: 15 Sacks

Offensive Sacks Allowed: 48
Team Rushing Offense (Yardage): 2697.6 Yards
Defensive Sacks: 30
Defensive Interceptions: 12
Defensive Fumble Recoveries: 12
Turnover Differential: +6
Field Goals Made: 28
Thoughts
Just looking at a few stats, I want to say that our team is improved over last year.

Offensively, our running game will be top 5, possibly #1 or #2, in the league at the end of the year. The passing game, is slightly improved, with more passing TDs. I anticipate the passing statistics to be a lot better though as the course of the season continues on. One thing to note is that our field goals will probably down. Last year, David Akers set a league record for field goals made. For him to have an average amount of field goals, to me, shows that we are a bit more effective in punching it in.

Defensively, I want to say that the flashy stats like turnovers and sacks aren't as high. Last year was an incredible year that's hard to top. But the big consistency from last year is that we don't give up a lot of points... and I want to say that we don't give up as much yardage anymore either.

The big question I have is the consistency in the passing game. We all know we're capable of throwing it to win a game, but we had two weeks this season where the passing game was completely inept. It'll be interesting to see how they do for the last half of the season and how it carries over into the playoffs.
dont see Alex going into double digit INT's.....
Originally posted by jreff22:
dont see Alex going into double digit INT's.....

I don't see it either, but, simply put, he's on pace for 10.
They outgain their opponents by DOUBLE the yardage, also on pace for +171 in point differential. That's a huge disparity.

On pace for 2,700 rushing yards at 5.6 y/a is incredible.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Stats are for losers.

-Justin Smith