There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which was your "false dawn" moment during the dark years?

Suit Sing
I thought 2007 we were gonna take the NFL by storm with the way the team finished out the 06 season. Then Hostler happened.
jimmy raye calling a flea flicker where only one wr went down field.
Alex stepping in in the Houston game for Hill.

I thought... Holy s**t, here we go.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I thought Troy Smith was gonna take us to the play offs in 2010 after the win in London VS Denver.

Hey that wasn't easy for me to admit. A little support would be appreciated .
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I thought singletary was going to take us to a SB. Lol

HAHAHA me too
Every preseason...hope springs eternal! It was hard to have much hope with Nolan and Singletary at the helm. Kind of like signing on to the Pequod and finding out you were going to chase the big white whale.
The infamous Eagles game, as the "faithful" were chanting for Carr.

When Smith (or Vernon) stood up to Singletary and got Carr to sit back down on the bench and went on a huge tear to mount the comeback. I thought that was going to be the defining moment of Smith's career, the day he finally said F U to all the doubters and just started slinging it.

........then he made the horrible fumble and they lost.

I have always been a bit of a Smith apologist, but that one made me go from pissed to super excited, to depressed in a span of about an hour.
When Tim Rattay got his first start and Kevan Barlow played their minds off and we handily beat the much favored Steelers on Monday night.

then the next week, I believe we lost a close one to the Packers in Green Bay...or it was close early on.
When Alex started playing well in his second season and I thought he was gonna actually turn out to be a good QB.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
When Tim Rattay got his first start and Kevan Barlow played their minds off and we handily beat the much favored Steelers on Monday night.

then the next week, I believe we lost a close one to the Packers in Green Bay...or it was close early on.

I remember that game. Tim Rattay was lights out that game. Who was the FB he made that beautiful sideline throw to for the score? I don't remember.
Originally posted by BloodWolf209:

I remember that game. Tim Rattay was lights out that game. Who was the FB he made that beautiful sideline throw to for the score? I don't remember.

Beasley
When we dumped Erickson....
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by BloodWolf209:

Beasley
A couple mins after I posted that I remembered. I always liked him.
Kind of off topic but I've always wondered what would have happened if Alex Smith was the starter in 09 instead of Shaun. To me it seemed inevitable that Alex was going to eventually take the reigns again. I think Alex woulda struggled at first but maybe we would have hit stride earlier instead of crash mid season then have to chase the playoffs last three weeks. I do think Alex would've either taken off or failed miserably and he would be long gone. We would have had an answer rather than. "Well he finished strong the last 5-6 games let's bring him back."