There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sustained Dominance/NFL Elite

Week by week we get caught up in the little things, some matter, some seem to not matter as much. I'm more of a big picture guy, try and keep bad games/great games in perspective. So with half the season behind us and a week to ponder, the post season looms on the horizon…

Are we the Niners who played the Giants/Vikings? or the Niners who played the Cardinals/Bills?

I'd venture somewhere in between, like, say, a 6-2 team.

The numbers don't lie, teams pop up great and bounce back hard more often than sustaining a Super Bowl Caliber team year after year.

With that in mind. 6-2 is as much of an accomplishment (If not more) than a 7-1 start last year. Here's why. Last year we came out of nowhere, nobody expected us to be close to .500, we gelled together and put together a great 13-3 season run.

Reality snaps and now we're setting a tone, a model for success, and an offseason for the league to wrap their minds around us and pull us back down to earth.

With targets on our backs, and the league reloaded, we've continued success, the feared snap-back year has been avoided.

The mindset going into this season was, "keep it up" sustain greatness/NFL Elite. Now, I now players/coaches are thinking playoff positioning in route to a Super Bowl.

So, while I love the muddling over the details, don't forget to take a deep breath once in a while and ENJOY watching great NFL team!

With so much suffering during the 49ers Dark Ages, it's still a little sureal to know where back to an NFL Elite team. But for this organization, that's just base camp.

LETS… GO… NINERS!!!!
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Nov 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM ]
Go niners go!

But why is the post season looming on harrison?!
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Week by week we get caught up in the little things, some matter, some seem to not matter as much. I'm more of a big picture guy, try and keep bad games/great games in perspective. So with half the season behind us and a week to ponder, the post season looms on the harrison…

Are we the Niners who played the Giants/Vikings? or the Niners who played the Cardinals/Bills?

I'd venture somewhere in between, like, say, a 6-2 team.

The numbers don't lie, teams pop up great and bounce back hard more often than sustaining a Super Bowl Caliber team year after year.

With that in mind. 6-2 is as much of an accomplishment (If not more) than a 7-1 start last year. Here's why. Last year we came out of nowhere, nobody expected us to be close to .500, we gelled together and put together a great 13-3 season run.

Reality snaps and now we're setting a tone, a model for success, and an offseason for the league to wrap their minds around us and pull us back down to earth.

With targets on our backs, and the league reloaded, we've continued success, the feared snap-back year has been avoided.

The mindset going into this season was, "keep it up" sustain greatness/NFL Elite. Now, I now players/coaches are thinking playoff positioning in route to a Super Bowl.

So, while I love the muddling over the details, don't forget to take a deep breath once in a while and ENJOY watching great NFL team!

With so much suffering during the 49ers Dark Ages, it's still a little sureal to know where back to an NFL Elite team. But for this organization, that's just base camp.

LETS… GO… NINERS!!!!

I wrote this because I was having a conversation with my 49er bff. And we realized, we weren't enjoying this year as much as last year. We were too caught up in the little things and forgot about why we love the 49ers and watching them play and how happy it makes us. We both were convinced this team can go the distance, but forgot that we may be in the middle of a "America's Game" season, where each game could be a piece of a great story. So after that convo, I took a deep breath and I'm just excited more than ever to get back in action after the bye and just watch the Niners play!

I wanted to share my thought because we're all niner fans and I want you'll to get the same enjoyment, you may be forgetting about like I did!
Yup ! WERE BACK ! Just got nfl shop mag in the mail , 49ers gear all over the cover ( hats ,jerseys tees... ) I welcome the band wagon to strenghten our NUMBERS ! GO N I N E R S !
It just feels right when the niners are winning.
Your right ,sit back and enjoy the ride ! I savor us being the big bully comin to town, others fans fear our TEAM !!!!!! LOVE IT !
I'm enjoying this year.
even if harrison
Originally posted by verb1der:
Go niners go!

Yeah, I probably could have worded that a little better. But the post season is where 20 team's seasons end and 11 team's go on to face heartbreak. It's when the game are 100% about wins and Losses - beautifully intense - which stresses me out hardcore (And I consider myself a really laid back person). In the regular season, a loss is depressing for a week, you get a chance to bounce back. I've thought about this, I really only enjoy postseason wins in Hindsight. Regular season is to enjoy, post season is to endure. I get my enjoyment after the game, re watching it. I've re watched the Saints game already uncountable times!!!

Yeah, I know, I can be an insanely neurotic fan.
Thinkin they ment HORIZON ..... funny sheeeeee eyet !
Originally posted by redrazer45:
Thinkin they ment HORIZON ..... funny sheeeeee eyet !

Originally posted by verb1der:
Go niners go!

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
even if harrison

Thaaaaaaaats embarrASSing........ "HORIZON", no "harrison"........ I blame it on auto-correct, for not auto-correcting my incorrect spelling correctly.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
even if harrison

do you mean Haralson, Parys???
who the f**k is harrison?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who the f**k is harrison?

Harrison Barnes?