There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What to do with Colin Kaepernick???

What to do with Colin Kaepernick???

Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Wait for Dashon Goldson to sign with his new team next year then trade Kaepernick for Goldson

?

ya, what?!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Wait for Dashon Goldson to sign with his new team next year then trade Kaepernick for Goldson

?

ya, what?!

Originally posted by goldstandard333:

?

ya, what?!

lol
Originally posted by Joecool:
Point: it's nice to be from a wealthy family.

I'm sure a bunch of uncashed checks would annoy the payroll dept at 4949 Centennial Boulevard, or anyone for that matter.

Call BS!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ooops.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Point: it's nice to be from a wealthy family.

I'm sure a bunch of uncashed checks would annoy the payroll dept at 4949 Centennial Boulevard, or anyone for that matter.

Call BS!

He didn't need to cash his 9er checks because he was still getting major cash from his usfl contract.
Originally posted by lazy:
Trade him for Nick Foles....do it nao!

I'd rather have Nick Foley...

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
I just think if Alex doesn't have a ring by the time his contract is up, then he's gone. If you think otherwise, I'd sure love to hear it.
alot of quarterbacks take thier teams deep into the playoffs , do not get a ring but are back. the superbowl or bust theory is not logical in regards to the future of alex. as we saw last year vs the giants, where were multiple factors that led to our giants loss and you have to look at the whole body of work in a game. you also do not get rid of a quarterback unless you have a better option to replace him. right now we do not otherwise alex would already be gone. lets say this year next year, alex puts up 3000 yards and 25 touchdowns but we suffer vital season ending injuries to several of our defensive stars or gore which prevents us from winning a super bowl. do you cut alex because of things that were not in his control. to many ifs and buts and what ifs

Obviously this team is built off of having a great defense, a great running game, and a quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over. With that being said, that's not really a good thing for Alex because Harbaugh can go out and find himself a quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over OR he may think that's what he already has in Kaepernick. We all know from the pursuit of Peyton Manning, Harbaugh knows that finding a good/great quarterback will put this team over the top, which doesn't tend to give Alex any leverage.

To me, last offseason if we had lost Alex, I don't think the organization would be scrambling around in dyer need of a quarterback. It seemed to me as if the organization was ready to move on with Kaepernick, which is why I believe Alex may lose his job next year or the year after. This is all my personal opinion, but that's how it looked to me last offseason. Harbaugh knows that the way this team is built that they could have moved on with Kaepernick and still managed to win a bunch of games. If Alex didn't accept the offer he was given, I doubt the organization would give him a penny more than what they had offered.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for zomg_its_ryan.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
I just think if Alex doesn't have a ring by the time his contract is up, then he's gone. If you think otherwise, I'd sure love to hear it.

Why don't you cheer for him now, since he's the starting QB and the 49ers have a good chance to make it to the SB this season.
CK is however completely useless this season.

What makes you believe I'm not cheering for the guy? I've been cheering for him since he was drafted. It's not his fault he was put in a crappy situation. I'm sure Rodgers would have turned out the same way.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
lol
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Interesting idea! even though I may get hated on

Yep, about to hate. What has Nick Foles done that Kaepernick hasn't? Is he a proven commodity?
What to do with Colin Kaepernick? Aaron Rogers the kid. Keep him on the sidelines. If you have to bring him in to change up things do it near the end of the half and not in the middle of a drive. Oh, and flush Roman's "genius" plays down the crapper where they belong. The West Coast offense is a winner so please don't screw it up with that wildcat/pistol/third rate college crap.
What makes you believe I'm not cheering for the guy? I've been cheering for him since he was drafted. It's not his fault he was put in a crappy situation. I'm sure Rodgers would have turned out the same way.

Maybe , maybe not in as far as how Rodgers turns out. Every QB's physical and particularly mental makeup are different and can effect their development. Obviously a crappy situation doesn't help. All QBs would suffer, but in a similar pattern as Alex, where JH comes in, some may do worse than Alex, some may do even better than Alex, while others may do experience the same.

However, getting back to the crux of the post. Keep him, I am amazed that people just want to get rid of a player, just so they can be excited about a draft pick which may not pan out. For one thing you can never have enough good athletes, as Alex is just one hit from being sidelined, the injury to his middle finger on his throwing hand is a good example, I really believe it affected Alex after he first hurt it and the way Alex hangs onto the ball too long sometimes when he should have chucked it or run, always puts him at risk. Also, if Alex can be given all this time to develope we can at give Kaep a chance to see what he can develope and don't tell me you already know wheat he can do, if you are such a great eveluator then why are you not a GM in the NFL. Would hate if after all that JH and C. has taught him, Kaep ends up honing his skills breaks out with another team. Although, a lot of teams would like to have Alex, they won't pay him what he wants. That is because many still feel that the niners are good because of the D, ST, and Running game, with timely plays from Alex and that teams that go for a vet QB want instant success and not have to give a QB two years to get familiar with the playbook.
Obviously this team is built off of having a great defense, a great running game, and a quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over. With that being said, that's not really a good thing for Alex because Harbaugh can go out and find himself a quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over OR he may think that's what he already has in Kaepernick. We all know from the pursuit of Peyton Manning, Harbaugh knows that finding a good/great quarterback will put this team over the top, which doesn't tend to give Alex any leverage.

To me, last offseason if we had lost Alex, I don't think the organization would be scrambling around in dyer need of a quarterback. It seemed to me as if the organization was ready to move on with Kaepernick, which is why I believe Alex may lose his job next year or the year after. This is all my personal opinion, but that's how it looked to me last offseason. Harbaugh knows that the way this team is built that they could have moved on with Kaepernick and still managed to win a bunch of games. If Alex didn't accept the offer he was given, I doubt the organization would give him a penny more than what they had offered.

Baalke is a cold bloody GM aided by Parathe's (sp?) capalogy expertise. Look at how they have been handling the vets like Alex and Dashon so far. They have a value and stick pretty much to it. They have an idea of the players what they are going to do when the draft and FA comes around. Now they are given more leverage to the point that the players are more likely to resign with the niners for less now that they are winning-should I sign for more money but land on a s**tty team, or take less but at least enjoy the winning.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:

?

ya, what?!

lol

lol'd so hard

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM ]