LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 172 users in the forums

What do you want to see the 49ers work on during the bye week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do you want to see the 49ers work on during the bye week?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i want us to continue to brush up on our special teams tackling and work on getting more pressure on the quarterback. I am still a little worried bout brooks and smith wearing down so was glad to see haggins come in to get some time the other night. that whole deal and drama with him and his suspension gave me a headache but maybe it will turn out ok in the end
ELIMINATING THE STUPID PENALTIES.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
More creative TD celebrations.
Overall I think that the team needs to work on getting better offensively. What I mean is I want to see Alex trust his WR a little more like the first TD to Crabtree, the back shoulder throw to Kyle Williams earlier in the year, etc. I like the high percentage, high success throws, but let the WR also be responsible for making the offense move forward.

I almost feel like each week the offense unveils a little more, and come playoff time it's going to explode into something big (which is the opposite of last year).
Crabtree needs to work on his interview skills. He says "MAN" way too often man.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
ELIMINATING THE STUPID PENALTIES.

This!
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Crabtree needs to work on his interview skills. He says "MAN" way too often man.

No question
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
More screens. They work.
Easy drill. Have the defense get as much pressure on Alex Smith as possible while he reduces his stupid sack percentages. Everyone wins.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

No question

fer sure

Olb depth
- I want our CBs to practice pressing our WRs and disrupting them often.. our receivers need to better learn to fight off aggression and yes, fight for the tough snatches.

- Definitely work on some deeper route passing... design some plays where the first read is the deep route.

- Work more on our screen pass game.. even work in some clever inside TE screens to VD. And bring back that QB rollout right where VD blocks and releases to his way far left. That play was always awesome for us, but has disappeared for a while now.

- More slant passes along with tight CB coverage. Our WRs struggle to fight and hang on to those.

Probably have lots more, but preoccupied for now....
Getting the ball back to Vernon Davis
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
I want to them to address Davis, get more pressure on the QB if other sorry Ds cant why cant out great D do so?

Also more gore and enough of these gimmick plays. We must put in more deep ball plays too even if its just to keep other team honest.
Passing game (creativity) and consistency. Against the worst OL in the game, we had 19 rushes on Skelton but 15 were d/t Fangio dialing up a 5+ man blitz. And b/c AZ has a MLB with 7 sacks in a 3-4 defense, many of those blitzes came from Willis & Bowman. The DE's have next to nothing for sacks. We need some rotation along the DL, the OLB's, need to blitz more MLB's and when we do bring heat, the CB's need to play tight and physical and jump some routes like last year.

QBR against Culliver (28.7), Brown (87.6) & Rogers (92.4). Play tighter boys and trust your front 7 and your own skill set if they don't get there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone