Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was Ratto spot on about our fans?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Lol of course. At least you're honest.

You must not enjoy winning football as much as you claim. Because there isn't much you can say or have seen from Kaepernick that suggests he would come in and win games right now. And I'm sure every player on that offense as well as the coaches are glad you're not calling the shots.

Im sure they are glad that Im not calling the shots. Hell sometimes Im glad Im not calling the shots. lol

I have no idea what makes you think Kaepernick gives us a better shot at winning... He is more exciting, he has a rocket arm, but his decision making and accuracy has been very questionable and those are far more important than the first two things I listed. I like Kaepernick, I remember him playing against my HS. But Alex gives us the best shot at winning the superbowl right now and that should be our goal... not another Cam Newton who puts up yards but loses.

This is really the crux of this topic... the casual or ignorant fan gets caught up in the wow plays, 50 yard bombs, 30 yard QB scrambles. But what Alex Smith does: calling the correct play, checking down to the high percentage receiver, not turning the ball over... thats gonna get us W's. Its going to rest our D, eat up the clock and move us down the field.

We shall see what happens.
this is what happens....

Alex wins 2 Superbowls then retires to become a Senator
  • mod
  • Veteran

You must not enjoy winning football as much as you claim. Because there isn't much you can say or have seen from Kaepernick that suggests he would come in and win games right now. And I'm sure every player on that offense as well as the coaches are glad you're not calling the shots.

Im sure they are glad that Im not calling the shots. Hell sometimes Im glad Im not calling the shots. lol

I have no idea what makes you think Kaepernick gives us a better shot at winning... He is more exciting, he has a rocket arm, but his decision making and accuracy has been very questionable and those are far more important than the first two things I listed. I like Kaepernick, I remember him playing against my HS. But Alex gives us the best shot at winning the superbowl right now and that should be our goal... not another Cam Newton who puts up yards but loses.

This is really the crux of this topic... the casual or ignorant fan gets caught up in the wow plays, 50 yard bombs, 30 yard QB scrambles. But what Alex Smith does: calling the correct play, checking down to the high percentage receiver, not turning the ball over... thats gonna get us W's. Its going to rest our D, eat up the clock and move us down the field.

I think Kaepernick will eventually start... As soon as Alex Smiths contract is up. Or Alex gets hurt, Kaep starts and we end up trading one of them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I think Kaepernick will eventually start... As soon as Alex Smiths contract is up. Or Alex gets hurt, Kaep starts and we end up trading one of them.

I don't care if its Kap starting, I dont care if its Alex or even another draft pick or free agent. I just want good solid star caliber NFL QB play.
Originally posted by jreff22:
this is what happens....

He seems like a bright guy so he'll most likely run as a Democrat.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
this is what happens....

Don't think he's one for handouts, seems like he wants to earn what he gets, he will run for the Republicans.
If he wants to win, He has to run as a Democrat
  • mod
  • Veteran

I don't care if its Kap starting, I dont care if its Alex or even another draft pick or free agent. I just want good solid star caliber NFL QB play.

The only thing Alex is short of is yardage... everything else IS top star caliber NFL QB play.

PCT: 69.4 (#1)
YPG: 207 (#27)
YDS/A: 7.94 (#5)
TD's: 12 (#10)
INT's: 5 (#7)
Rating: 102.1 (#4)

If you want to go by ESPN QBR then Alex is #9 for the season, has the highest rated game of the season 99.2 which is #4 All Time.

High yardage comes with loser QB's playing catchup or 1 dimensional teams... Alex was on pace for 300 yards by half time. We took the foot off the gas pedal after half time, you can blame the HC for that one. IMO the two most important stats are PCT and Yards/A... TD's and turnovers and yards are more important team stats.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grinner:
If he wants to win, He has to run as a Democrat

ck would run as a democrat, unlike alex he has no record to run on
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
this is what happens....

Don't think he's one for handouts, seems like he wants to earn what he gets, he will run for the Republicans.

He's not much of a public speaker and he's too intelligent to be a god damn politician.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

The only thing Alex is short of is yardage... everything else IS top star caliber NFL QB play.

If you want to go by ESPN QBR then Alex is #9 for the season, has the highest rated game of the season 99.2 which is #4 All Time.

High yardage comes with loser QB's playing catchup or 1 dimensional teams... Alex was on pace for 300 yards by half time. We took the foot off the gas pedal after half time, you can blame the HC for that one. IMO the two most important stats are PCT and Yards/A... TD's and turnovers and yards are more important team stats.

stats are bit misleading. In my opinion he's about 15-16th ranked QB in the league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

stats are bit misleading. In my opinion he's about 15-16th ranked QB in the league.
setting a nfl record means nothing ? what would you do if ck did what alex did last night? if stats are misleading what about wins,, i think its now 20-6 since the start of last year plus a playoff win. i will assume you will find a way to dilute the showing of alex last night and the 20-6 record
  • mod
  • Veteran

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Peyton Manning
5. Matt Ryan
6. Eli Manning

These guys I will say are without a doubt better than Alex. After that I really think Alex can be in discussion for 7-12. A QB in that position is not worth benching for a ?. A QB rated in the 15-16 area is not worth benching on a team like ours for a ?.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-fans-clamor-for-Kaepernick-unfound?blockID=795305&feedID=2800

Like Ratto or not, read all his work or not. I wrote something about our fans a while ago and got a pretty good response.

Funny ass article, especially when he wrote that we stay bit*#@~# about our QB. LMAO

But on a side note is he right about our fan base. I dont know the percentage, but do we bit*(& a lot?

I'd have to say yes, cuz even when we win, we find something to complain about.

Ya I remember after the Bills game, clearly THE single most complete game in the history of organized football, someone was complaining (and being serious) that it wasn't a very complete win.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Our fan base is embarrassing. Seriously. I know fans who are knowledgeable, who appreciate the sport, and who actually UNDERSTAND what the 49ers did in the dynasty years, what they are doing today and the difference between the two.

But our fan base isn't primarily populated with know it all die hards who watch games a religiously as if they were attending mass, who know the difference between a three, five and seven step drop as it pertains to route combinations, timing, and expected outcome. Ours is not a fan base that know the difference between 2-man, cover 2, cover 3, cover 4 or cover 6 defense. Ours is primarily a fan base of bandwagon douchenozzles. It sucks, but it's true.

At a recent game, I had a fan booing Smith so loudly that I had to ask him to shut up. Dude was straight screaming when we were on offense (when our fans should be quiet), and jumping up and down screaming that Joe Montana was awesome...especially in that 1994 Super Bowl. It made me ashamed to be a fan.

The problem is that many of our fans who lived through the good times only remember the REALLY good times. They forget that after the '84 Super Bowl, we got OWNED in the playoffs until 1988. They forget that in our Super Bowl year of 1988, we were 10-6, and that our mighty offense could only score 3 points agains the freakin' Raiders. They forget the clamoring for Steve to replace Joe after we were knocked out of the playoffs in 1987. They forget that even though we were awesome, we didn't win every game of every season, and there were times that we won ugly.

The youngsters are worse, because they've been weaned on tall tales and never actually saw any of it. These people think that the dynasty years were like perpetual games of Madden on rookie.

When people b*tch about our team, even though we're winning, it embarrasses me. Having the opportunity to know fans of very successful teams from all over the country, our home crowd has embarrassed the hell out of me. Whether it be leaving early (sooooo bush league), starting fights, not understanding why they should shut up when we're on offense, booing their own players, whinin g incessantly about their QB, who has 20 wins in his last 25 games, or failing to completely understand the sport they profess to love, our fan base shows up poorly compared to the more storied franchises in the league. It hurts me to admit it, but it's true.

Great post Legbreaker!
Share 49ersWebzone