There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was Ratto spot on about our fans?

Was Ratto spot on about our fans?

Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for KEGster.
TIME-OUT

Didn't the Baseball Giants just win their 2nd title after retooling almost the entire lineup?


Here are the Facts for 2012 folks
- We have one of the best defenses in the past decade
- We are one of the most gifted & formation filled offenses in the league


Guys, it's Super Bowl or bust. Alex still continues to MANAGE. We will be battling Rodgers, Ryan, Eli, etc in the playoffs. So essentially we are counting on playing a mistake free game & waiting for Elite QBs to make mistakes. It's fairly obvious the margin of error with such a formula is extremely slim. Also, we are one injury to Justin Smith from having our defensive line fall apart.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by KEGster:
TIME-OUT

Didn't the Baseball Giants just win their 2nd title after retooling almost the entire lineup?


Here are the Facts for 2012 folks
- We have one of the best defenses in the past decade
- We are one of the most gifted & formation filled offenses in the league


Guys, it's Super Bowl or bust. Alex still continues to MANAGE. We will be battling Rodgers, Ryan, Eli, etc in the playoffs. So essentially we are counting on playing a mistake free game & waiting for Elite QBs to make mistakes. It's fairly obvious the margin of error with such a formula is extremely slim. Also, we are one injury to Justin Smith from having our defensive line fall apart.
you must not have seen ray mcdonald dominate last night. super bowl or bust is so tiresome, game manager is so tiresome, we beat an elite qb in the playoffs last year, we beat rogers so far this year. a second deep run into the playoffs which does not end in a super bowl victory is not tragic. to many fans here are so arrogant they have forgot the s**t we went through for 12 years around here. despite what many want to think, if alex does not win the super bowl it does not mean he will get shipped out. we are more than justin smith and if you can not see that,,, well i just do not know
Originally posted by KEGster:
TIME-OUT

Didn't the Baseball Giants just win their 2nd title after retooling almost the entire lineup?


Here are the Facts for 2012 folks
- We have one of the best defenses in the past decade
- We are one of the most gifted & formation filled offenses in the league


Guys, it's Super Bowl or bust. Alex still continues to MANAGE. We will be battling Rodgers, Ryan, Eli, etc in the playoffs. So essentially we are counting on playing a mistake free game & waiting for Elite QBs to make mistakes. It's fairly obvious the margin of error with such a formula is extremely slim. Also, we are one injury to Justin Smith from having our defensive line fall apart.

Wait.... do we have an ELITE defense or do we require ELITE QB's make mistakes to win? Seems to me like those two go hand in hand.

And if 18-19 for 3TDs against a top 6 D (something ELITE QBs could not do) is management. I'll take it every time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Our fan base is embarrassing. Seriously. I know fans who are knowledgeable, who appreciate the sport, and who actually UNDERSTAND what the 49ers did in the dynasty years, what they are doing today and the difference between the two.

But our fan base isn't primarily populated with know it all die hards who watch games a religiously as if they were attending mass, who know the difference between a three, five and seven step drop as it pertains to route combinations, timing, and expected outcome. Ours is not a fan base that know the difference between 2-man, cover 2, cover 3, cover 4 or cover 6 defense. Ours is primarily a fan base of bandwagon douchenozzles. It sucks, but it's true.

At a recent game, I had a fan booing Smith so loudly that I had to ask him to shut up. Dude was straight screaming when we were on offense (when our fans should be quiet), and jumping up and down screaming that Joe Montana was awesome...especially in that 1994 Super Bowl. It made me ashamed to be a fan.

The problem is that many of our fans who lived through the good times only remember the REALLY good times. They forget that after the '84 Super Bowl, we got OWNED in the playoffs until 1988. They forget that in our Super Bowl year of 1988, we were 10-6, and that our mighty offense could only score 3 points agains the freakin' Raiders. They forget the clamoring for Steve to replace Joe after we were knocked out of the playoffs in 1987. They forget that even though we were awesome, we didn't win every game of every season, and there were times that we won ugly.

The youngsters are worse, because they've been weaned on tall tales and never actually saw any of it. These people think that the dynasty years were like perpetual games of Madden on rookie.

When people b*tch about our team, even though we're winning, it embarrasses me. Having the opportunity to know fans of very successful teams from all over the country, our home crowd has embarrassed the hell out of me. Whether it be leaving early (sooooo bush league), starting fights, not understanding why they should shut up when we're on offense, booing their own players, whinin g incessantly about their QB, who has 20 wins in his last 25 games, or failing to completely understand the sport they profess to love, our fan base shows up poorly compared to the more storied franchises in the league. It hurts me to admit it, but it's true.

post of the day. good job
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by KEGster:
TIME-OUT

Didn't the Baseball Giants just win their 2nd title after retooling almost the entire lineup?


Here are the Facts for 2012 folks
- We have one of the best defenses in the past decade
- We are one of the most gifted & formation filled offenses in the league


Guys, it's Super Bowl or bust. Alex still continues to MANAGE. We will be battling Rodgers, Ryan, Eli, etc in the playoffs. So essentially we are counting on playing a mistake free game & waiting for Elite QBs to make mistakes. It's fairly obvious the margin of error with such a formula is extremely slim. Also, we are one injury to Justin Smith from having our defensive line fall apart.

Wait.... do we have an ELITE defense or do we require ELITE QB's make mistakes to win? Seems to me like those two go hand in hand.

And if 18-19 for 3TDs against a top 6 D (something ELITE QBs could not do) is management. I'll take it every time.


Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by KEGster:
TIME-OUT

Didn't the Baseball Giants just win their 2nd title after retooling almost the entire lineup?


Here are the Facts for 2012 folks
- We have one of the best defenses in the past decade
- We are one of the most gifted & formation filled offenses in the league


Guys, it's Super Bowl or bust. Alex still continues to MANAGE. We will be battling Rodgers, Ryan, Eli, etc in the playoffs. So essentially we are counting on playing a mistake free game & waiting for Elite QBs to make mistakes. It's fairly obvious the margin of error with such a formula is extremely slim. Also, we are one injury to Justin Smith from having our defensive line fall apart.

Wait.... do we have an ELITE defense or do we require ELITE QB's make mistakes to win? Seems to me like those two go hand in hand.

And if 18-19 for 3TDs against a top 6 D (something ELITE QBs could not do) is management. I'll take it every time.
steve young the elite quarterback could not win in green bay either for all those years
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Our fan base is embarrassing. Seriously. I know fans who are knowledgeable, who appreciate the sport, and who actually UNDERSTAND what the 49ers did in the dynasty years, what they are doing today and the difference between the two.

But our fan base isn't primarily populated with know it all die hards who watch games a religiously as if they were attending mass, who know the difference between a three, five and seven step drop as it pertains to route combinations, timing, and expected outcome. Ours is not a fan base that know the difference between 2-man, cover 2, cover 3, cover 4 or cover 6 defense. Ours is primarily a fan base of bandwagon douchenozzles. It sucks, but it's true.

At a recent game, I had a fan booing Smith so loudly that I had to ask him to shut up. Dude was straight screaming when we were on offense (when our fans should be quiet), and jumping up and down screaming that Joe Montana was awesome...especially in that 1994 Super Bowl. It made me ashamed to be a fan.

The problem is that many of our fans who lived through the good times only remember the REALLY good times. They forget that after the '84 Super Bowl, we got OWNED in the playoffs until 1988. They forget that in our Super Bowl year of 1988, we were 10-6, and that our mighty offense could only score 3 points agains the freakin' Raiders. They forget the clamoring for Steve to replace Joe after we were knocked out of the playoffs in 1987. They forget that even though we were awesome, we didn't win every game of every season, and there were times that we won ugly.

The youngsters are worse, because they've been weaned on tall tales and never actually saw any of it. These people think that the dynasty years were like perpetual games of Madden on rookie.

When people b*tch about our team, even though we're winning, it embarrasses me. Having the opportunity to know fans of very successful teams from all over the country, our home crowd has embarrassed the hell out of me. Whether it be leaving early (sooooo bush league), starting fights, not understanding why they should shut up when we're on offense, booing their own players, whinin g incessantly about their QB, who has 20 wins in his last 25 games, or failing to completely understand the sport they profess to love, our fan base shows up poorly compared to the more storied franchises in the league. It hurts me to admit it, but it's true.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
whatever... alex can put together 3-4 good games in a row, have 1 bad game and everyone starts caving in again. Alex is playing at a top 10 QB level IMO. This is not the appropriate time to call for kaepernick after a bad game. Maybe in 2007 when we were losing.

As a whole, we are irrational, we over react, and in general dont know what we are talking about. Alex is a good QB on a great team, playing at an excellent level because of it. He is good enough to take this team to a superbowl. Even before yesterday's game Alex was on pace for 20+ TD's and around 10 Ints which is a good season by most accounts.
I've lived in Denver and Boston, both big-time football cities, and it is my impression the fans there are more knowledgeable, as a whole, than 49er fans. Not meaning to throw stones at this fan base. Just my observation.

Its not just our fans who say this. Almost every NFL I talk to that are not Niner fans all the say the same thing. "Man you guys got a great team the only thing missing is the QB" and I just shake my head and say "yah but hopefully our defense and running game can carry us to the championship."

Its just our fans, its fans of other teams and the majority of the mainstream media.

Fans from other teams don't pay attention to what's going on with the 9ers. They listen to the mainstream gobble gobble media jive turkeys.

This is the correct answer. Why would you put stock in people who only see the Niner highlights...some weeks...and pre-filtered by the talking heads? The data used to formulate their opinions is limited and faulty.

I dont put stock into them Im just letting you what I hear. Believe it or not there some football fans and experts who are knowledgeable and think that our QB is very average at best. The perception on this site is if you are critical of our QB then you are an idiot fan who doesn't know football.
Originally posted by cciowa:
steve young the elite quarterback could not win in green bay either for all those years

With Derek Loville at RB

By the time we gave Steve a proper RB, our defense had declined too much. Which will be the same case with our Defense in the coming years
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Wait.... do we have an ELITE defense or do we require ELITE QB's make mistakes to win? Seems to me like those two go hand in hand.

And if 18-19 for 3TDs against a top 6 D (something ELITE QBs could not do) is management. I'll take it every time.

Our elite Defense will always keep us in games but you saw first hand what happened against the NYG when our offense fluttered....we got blown out although our Defense held it's own

My point is that considering our talent on offense & defense: We have to expect Championships. Winners retool with new players. Patrick Willis is the only player I am married to on this roster.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by cciowa:
steve young the elite quarterback could not win in green bay either for all those years

With Derek Loville at RB

By the time we gave Steve a proper RB, our defense had declined too much. Which will be the same case with our Defense in the coming years
why do you think that? you know the ravens were good for ten years with thier defense,, who is to say we can do that or be this good for ten years? sure things have to go right,, keep the core people, get lucky with drafts, injuries and free agents but sheesh, alot of people were convinced we would decline on defense this year. I counter by,, why can't we be the nfc version of the ravens for the next ten years. i do not dream of things that many never be, i dream of things and say, why not?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
whatever... alex can put together 3-4 good games in a row, have 1 bad game and everyone starts caving in again. Alex is playing at a top 10 QB level IMO. This is not the appropriate time to call for kaepernick after a bad game. Maybe in 2007 when we were losing.

As a whole, we are irrational, we over react, and in general dont know what we are talking about. Alex is a good QB on a great team, playing at an excellent level because of it. He is good enough to take this team to a superbowl. Even before yesterday's game Alex was on pace for 20+ TD's and around 10 Ints which is a good season by most accounts.
I've lived in Denver and Boston, both big-time football cities, and it is my impression the fans there are more knowledgeable, as a whole, than 49er fans. Not meaning to throw stones at this fan base. Just my observation.

Its not just our fans who say this. Almost every NFL I talk to that are not Niner fans all the say the same thing. "Man you guys got a great team the only thing missing is the QB" and I just shake my head and say "yah but hopefully our defense and running game can carry us to the championship."

Its just our fans, its fans of other teams and the majority of the mainstream media.

Fans from other teams don't pay attention to what's going on with the 9ers. They listen to the mainstream gobble gobble media jive turkeys.

This is the correct answer. Why would you put stock in people who only see the Niner highlights...some weeks...and pre-filtered by the talking heads? The data used to formulate their opinions is limited and faulty.

I dont put stock into them Im just letting you what I hear. Believe it or not there some football fans and experts who are knowledgeable and think that our QB is very average at best. The perception on this site is if you are critical of our QB then you are an idiot fan who doesn't know football.
i also wonder if he was giving a shot to some of the people on the internet as well
Originally posted by KEGster:
With Derek Loville at RB

By the time we gave Steve a proper RB, our defense had declined too much. Which will be the same case with our Defense in the coming years

Young did have Ricky Watters for a while.. and whatever happened to the claim that elite QBs make players better around him? Why couldn't Young make Loville good?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
whatever... alex can put together 3-4 good games in a row, have 1 bad game and everyone starts caving in again. Alex is playing at a top 10 QB level IMO. This is not the appropriate time to call for kaepernick after a bad game. Maybe in 2007 when we were losing.

As a whole, we are irrational, we over react, and in general dont know what we are talking about. Alex is a good QB on a great team, playing at an excellent level because of it. He is good enough to take this team to a superbowl. Even before yesterday's game Alex was on pace for 20+ TD's and around 10 Ints which is a good season by most accounts.
I've lived in Denver and Boston, both big-time football cities, and it is my impression the fans there are more knowledgeable, as a whole, than 49er fans. Not meaning to throw stones at this fan base. Just my observation.

Its not just our fans who say this. Almost every NFL I talk to that are not Niner fans all the say the same thing. "Man you guys got a great team the only thing missing is the QB" and I just shake my head and say "yah but hopefully our defense and running game can carry us to the championship."

Its just our fans, its fans of other teams and the majority of the mainstream media.

Fans from other teams don't pay attention to what's going on with the 9ers. They listen to the mainstream gobble gobble media jive turkeys.

This is the correct answer. Why would you put stock in people who only see the Niner highlights...some weeks...and pre-filtered by the talking heads? The data used to formulate their opinions is limited and faulty.

I dont put stock into them Im just letting you what I hear. Believe it or not there some football fans and experts who are knowledgeable and think that our QB is very average at best. The perception on this site is if you are critical of our QB then you are an idiot fan who doesn't know football.
i also wonder if he was giving a shot to some of the people on the internet as well

who was ?
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
whatever... alex can put together 3-4 good games in a row, have 1 bad game and everyone starts caving in again. Alex is playing at a top 10 QB level IMO. This is not the appropriate time to call for kaepernick after a bad game. Maybe in 2007 when we were losing.

As a whole, we are irrational, we over react, and in general dont know what we are talking about. Alex is a good QB on a great team, playing at an excellent level because of it. He is good enough to take this team to a superbowl. Even before yesterday's game Alex was on pace for 20+ TD's and around 10 Ints which is a good season by most accounts.
I've lived in Denver and Boston, both big-time football cities, and it is my impression the fans there are more knowledgeable, as a whole, than 49er fans. Not meaning to throw stones at this fan base. Just my observation.

Its not just our fans who say this. Almost every NFL I talk to that are not Niner fans all the say the same thing. "Man you guys got a great team the only thing missing is the QB" and I just shake my head and say "yah but hopefully our defense and running game can carry us to the championship."

Its just our fans, its fans of other teams and the majority of the mainstream media.

Fans from other teams don't pay attention to what's going on with the 9ers. They listen to the mainstream gobble gobble media jive turkeys.

This is the correct answer. Why would you put stock in people who only see the Niner highlights...some weeks...and pre-filtered by the talking heads? The data used to formulate their opinions is limited and faulty.

I dont put stock into them Im just letting you what I hear. Believe it or not there some football fans and experts who are knowledgeable and think that our QB is very average at best. The perception on this site is if you are critical of our QB then you are an idiot fan who doesn't know football.

Wrong.

Lack of football IQ and objectivity makes them idiot fans who don't know football.

Some of the comments after last night's game solidified this. People were using the WRs yac yardage as ammo to bash Smith. And when the WRs didn't get yac, he was checking down.

And when 98% of certain people's posts have some kind of anti-Smith overtone, that tells me that said posters are fully invested in Alex Smith's failure.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by KEGster:
With Derek Loville at RB

By the time we gave Steve a proper RB, our defense had declined too much. Which will be the same case with our Defense in the coming years

Young did have Ricky Watters for a while.. and whatever happened to the claim that elite QBs make players better around him? Why couldn't Young make Loville good?
or stokes or adam walker or amp lee. terry kirby had to come and rescue young