LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

Was Ratto spot on about our fans?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was Ratto spot on about our fans?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-fans-clamor-for-Kaepernick-unfound?blockID=795305&feedID=2800

Like Ratto or not, read all his work or not. I wrote something about our fans a while ago and got a pretty good response.

Funny ass article, especially when he wrote that we stay bit*#@~# about our QB. LMAO

But on a side note is he right about our fan base. I dont know the percentage, but do we bit*(& a lot?

I'd have to say yes, cuz even when we win, we find something to complain about.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The standards are high around here at the QB position. Anything short of dominant won't be accepted by the fan base.
Just a few in the Alex thread...most are just stating the areas we can objectively improve upon. That's not b!tching.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Just a few in the Alex thread...most are just stating the areas we can objectively improve upon. That's not b!tching.

Thats one of the reasons I asked too, was because he said most fans. I was under the impression that most felt the exact opposite.
Right, the standards are so high after 8 years of suck. I get the history, but you would think that the majority of fans would be grateful after going through what we did '03-'10. It feels like our fanbase has more bandwagoners than die hards sometimes, and that's just me being honest.

BE GRATEFUL WE HAVE A GOOD TEAM!!
Hey, I fully support Alex but the bar for Quarterbacks has been raised.

This is now a Passing League & Rookie QBs are showing success from Day 1. I know we had no other options this offseason but from what I've seen from Alex thus far this season, I don't see how Jim can't draft a QB in the first 2 Rounds and groom him into the QB Alex is today

Kaepernick is not a Title Contending QB.
Originally posted by KEGster:
Hey, I fully support Alex but the bar for Quarterbacks has been raised.

This is now a Passing League & Rookie QBs are showing success from Day 1. I know we had no other options this offseason but from what I've seen from Alex thus far this season, I don't see how Jim can't draft a QB in the first 2 Rounds and groom him into the QB Alex is today

Kaepernick is not a Title Contending QB.

Rookie QBs aren't 20 - 6 over the last couple years either. RGIII has been the most impressive rookie I have seen these last couple seasons and he isn't winning like Alex has yet. Alex can leave quite a bit to be desired but as far as digesting and mastering this playbook and the personnel groupings formations, protections, audibles, reading coverages, and his impeccable decision-making while limiting turnovers? I think it would be a tall task for any rookie to come in and be 20 - 6 and especially since we are getting low round draft picks because of all this winning. I like what Jim and Baalke are doing with the resources we have. Alex has played and won a lot more than I thought he could, that much is for sure. Our fans just need to relax and support our team especially since we are winning as much as anyone other than the Pack since Harbaugh's arrival
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Rookie QBs aren't 20 - 6 over the last couple years either. RGIII has been the most impressive rookie I have seen these last couple seasons and he isn't winning like Alex has yet. Alex can leave quite a bit to be desired but as far as digesting and mastering this playbook and the personnel groupings formations, protections, audibles, reading coverages, and his impeccable decision-making while limiting turnovers? I think it would be a tall task for any rookie to come in and be 20 - 6 and especially since we are getting low round draft picks because of all this winning. I like what Jim and Baalke are doing with the resources we have. Alex has played and won a lot more than I thought he could, that much is for sure. Our fans just need to relax and support our team especially since we are winning as much as anyone other than the Pack since Harbaugh's arrival

I was thinking about the rookie QB thing, specifically RG3 and how awesome he is going to be (he already is) and I asked myself, would I rather have RG3 or Alex Smith be the QB of the 2012 49ers. The answer is easy, Alex Smith. Looking down the road a few years that could easily change but right now I would rather have the QB we have than the best/fastest-starting rookie QB we may have ever seen for this season's championship run.
They Era of Dynasties are dead. FA and Salary caps are to blame.

Even if you draft well..you still need to pay your good players more then you would like to. We are going to lose players after this year. Look how two ST and one defesive players affected us.

New England is starting to fade, GB is starting to fade. NYG is at their prime, Houston and ATL is at thier prime and the 9ers are going into their prime.

The Window only lasts for a second now and you have to take advantage.

Fans know this and they just want the best for their team even if it sounds crazy and irrational
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]
Alex thread says what?

The Alex haters are MUCH more vocal than the Alex supporters.
niner fans are spoiled when it comes to QB.
  • mod
  • Veteran
whatever... alex can put together 3-4 good games in a row, have 1 bad game and everyone starts caving in again. Alex is playing at a top 10 QB level IMO. This is not the appropriate time to call for kaepernick after a bad game. Maybe in 2007 when we were losing.

As a whole, we are irrational, we over react, and in general dont know what we are talking about. Alex is a good QB on a great team, playing at an excellent level because of it. He is good enough to take this team to a superbowl. Even before yesterday's game Alex was on pace for 20+ TD's and around 10 Ints which is a good season by most accounts.
  • dj43
Originally posted by modninerfan:
whatever... alex can put together 3-4 good games in a row, have 1 bad game and everyone starts caving in again. Alex is playing at a top 10 QB level IMO. This is not the appropriate time to call for kaepernick after a bad game. Maybe in 2007 when we were losing.

As a whole, we are irrational, we over react, and in general dont know what we are talking about. Alex is a good QB on a great team, playing at an excellent level because of it. He is good enough to take this team to a superbowl. Even before yesterday's game Alex was on pace for 20+ TD's and around 10 Ints which is a good season by most accounts.
I've lived in Denver and Boston, both big-time football cities, and it is my impression the fans there are more knowledgeable, as a whole, than 49er fans. Not meaning to throw stones at this fan base. Just my observation.
Our fan base is embarrassing. Seriously. I know fans who are knowledgeable, who appreciate the sport, and who actually UNDERSTAND what the 49ers did in the dynasty years, what they are doing today and the difference between the two.

But our fan base isn't primarily populated with know it all die hards who watch games a religiously as if they were attending mass, who know the difference between a three, five and seven step drop as it pertains to route combinations, timing, and expected outcome. Ours is not a fan base that know the difference between 2-man, cover 2, cover 3, cover 4 or cover 6 defense. Ours is primarily a fan base of bandwagon douchenozzles. It sucks, but it's true.

At a recent game, I had a fan booing Smith so loudly that I had to ask him to shut up. Dude was straight screaming when we were on offense (when our fans should be quiet), and jumping up and down screaming that Joe Montana was awesome...especially in that 1994 Super Bowl. It made me ashamed to be a fan.

The problem is that many of our fans who lived through the good times only remember the REALLY good times. They forget that after the '84 Super Bowl, we got OWNED in the playoffs until 1988. They forget that in our Super Bowl year of 1988, we were 10-6, and that our mighty offense could only score 3 points agains the freakin' Raiders. They forget the clamoring for Steve to replace Joe after we were knocked out of the playoffs in 1987. They forget that even though we were awesome, we didn't win every game of every season, and there were times that we won ugly.

The youngsters are worse, because they've been weaned on tall tales and never actually saw any of it. These people think that the dynasty years were like perpetual games of Madden on rookie.

When people b*tch about our team, even though we're winning, it embarrasses me. Having the opportunity to know fans of very successful teams from all over the country, our home crowd has embarrassed the hell out of me. Whether it be leaving early (sooooo bush league), starting fights, not understanding why they should shut up when we're on offense, booing their own players, whinin g incessantly about their QB, who has 20 wins in his last 25 games, or failing to completely understand the sport they profess to love, our fan base shows up poorly compared to the more storied franchises in the league. It hurts me to admit it, but it's true.
Share 49ersWebzone