1. Run offense did not get as many yards but they kept Arizon's defense preoccupied with the run and allowed them to have their wish - Alex Smith beat them.
2. Loved Moss's run after catch for the touchdown. He did not go down and he got many yards after the catch. Would like to see some slants for him, or just repeat this throw over and over.
3. Crabtree had an excellent game.
4. Loved Aldon Smiths pass rushing activities. He still has a lot of things to learn about coverage, and is a liability there, but his pass rushing is a beauty to behold.
5. Loved Justin Smith's drive and motor and relentlessness and his willingness to occupy so many olinemen so that the rest of the dline can get to the QB. It appears to me that the dline is content to beat up the QB even if they do not sack him. The end product is wins.
6. SF tried a few cutesy plays but mostly stuck with ground and pound. I liked it better that way. Liked some of the TV reports to show the different ways the Niners line up and what that did to the defense.
7. I hope that Smith's high rating last night sets the stage for more consistency and more TDs. It will be interesting to see SF and Chicago play. That will be a dynamite game.
8. Special teams played better last night and Ginn is defintely a good punt returner. ST is a weapon when Ginn is on the field. Great field position.
9. Disturbing trend regarding offsides and poor penalties all through the game. Hopefully they will clean those up.
10. Very Walshian that when they get a good score on the board they just eat the clock and get off the field, and win.
11. Good job coaching on all levels.
12. Hope Moss becomes a more consistent contributor. It would be nice to get him about 5 catches a game. Hope he continues to rub off on the rest of the WRs.
13. Walker is good in so many ways, but drives me crazy with drops and deflections up into the air. At least he caught a few while Arizona was focused on stopping Davis.
14. At least Davis caught a few passes and the defense still had to focus on Davis.
15. I think that the offense is still evolving with Smith. Smith seemed more comfortable with the WRs last night and is more willing to risk throws to them in coverage.
16. Wonderful win before the bye.
17. Final record will be 13 and 3 or 14 and 2.
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Oct 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM ]