LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs and short yardage

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the offense needs to get BJacobs involved in short yardage and goal line plays this week. It forces the LBs and even safeties to be thinking aggressive run defense. Play action with him in the game could be that little extra edge we need going into the 2nd half of the season. Time to establish it against AZ this week.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for LasVegasWally.
Good call and I totally agree.
anytime we can get 6+ yds on first down, it will be good. can set up the PA, will make converting for another 1st easier. coincedentally, we do average 5.9ypc right now...
Hell, it be nice just him register 1 carry during the season.
I hope he gets some game time soon.
Originally posted by refused2change:
I hope he gets some game time soon.

Me too.
Gets as much playing time as Brandon Jones. Heck, Brandon Moore has seen as much action on this years team.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I think the offense needs to get BJacobs involved in short yardage and goal line plays this week. It forces the LBs and even safeties to be thinking aggressive run defense. Play action with him in the game could be that little extra edge we need going into the 2nd half of the season. Time to establish it against AZ this week.

Most excellent idea! Jacobs has a way of getting into the endzone in the redzone and James does as well, but they have both been inactive all year. Not bashing Gore or Hunter but some guys are just better in the RZ.
Hmmm...a totally healthy scratch? I guess they could have decided a while ago to hold him out past the bye week. Okay. But if he isn't active the week after the bye there must be an issue with him.

Maybe they don't have room for him on the 42 because of special team needs? Anybody have detail on this issue?
  • cools
  • Veteran
I wonder if Niners getting offers to trade Jacobs, many teams in need of RB's

Im pretty sure today is the trade deadline, we shall see

Originally posted by cools:
I wonder if Niners getting offers to trade Jacobs, many teams in need of RB's

Im pretty sure today is the trade deadline, we shall see
It has been extended to Thursday because of the weather.
At this point I think he's just a waste of a active roster spot. It was a nice idea bringing him in but he really only comes into play if Gore goes down.

If you want to keep him as an insurance policy that's fine but there's no need for him to be active when he's not called upon.
I sooo want him to play!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone