LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
So if the #2 seed ends up 12-4 and we end up 12-3-1 who gets the tie breaker?

Obviously we would dude, a tie is better than a loss. Pretty much you can ignore the tie and think of it as a 15 game season, so 12-3>12-4
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
My final thoughts on this one:
-D blew this one
-I am proud of Colin
-Alex IS our starter
-Gore is ALWAYS BEAST

Learn from this & get really for CHICAGO!
[ Edited by Nes49 on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM ]
The days of the Rams being some dips**t pushover team are over.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
More than anything, we have the Rams' coaching staff to thank for this tie. Fisher calling timeout with 1:13 left in the 4th is probably the only reason we had enough time to tie it up. Then the illegal receiver and delay of game penalties.
[ Edited by vaden on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM ]
A tie is almost as good as a win in terms of division standings. We'd have to have a colossal meltdown to lose the division
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You wouldn't be saying that if you watched the Patriots game where they got 50+ points put on them 2 weeks ago.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

They are?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
we were lucky to even have this game be a tie....everyone in here talking about the refs costing us the game. That is laughable, we are lucky to walk away with a tie in all honesty

thank god, someone who can see this for what it is

Yep
Originally posted by lordfangio:

Obviously we would dude, a tie is better than a loss. Pretty much you can ignore the tie and think of it as a 15 game season, so 12-3>12-4

all of this, yo...

this

We do. Ties > Losses
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by BayArea:
I would rather lose to be honest. This is like a double bye week or something. 2 weeks no wins but no losses. I swear you got to hesitate every time you say the niners are awesome or they are terrible because really it seems a new team shows up every week.

I respectfully disagree

I am struggling to understand how this is any better than a loss. It means we are 2-0-1 in the division which is as good as 2-1-0. At least then we wouldn't have set up a huge rematch with the Rams near the end of the season in their house.
Their back was against the wall for the Rams at 3-5 going into this game. You don't want to go 3-6. Not surprising about the Rams fight today. Just expected a bit more with our guys, especially with our defense. And losing Smith hurt. But Kaep did OK once he settled into the game.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM ]
I want to get this taste out of my mouth! I want the Bears NOW!!!

Disagree. They came out ready to play and we didn't. It's as simple as that. We got caught looking past them and at the Bears game next week. The Rams wanted to make this a statement game and we took every punch they threw. Don't expect to see a Rams team like this when the rematch comes around. And expect to see a highly motivated 49er team that doesn't fall behind by two touchdowns in the first quarter.

I do think the defense needs to probably stop reading its press clippings. This is the second time this season that Dick B. Soft has shown up in the locker room. I dearly hope it's the last.
Share 49ersWebzone