There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
As pathetic as we played a tie is a win

We are playing for playoff positioning. This is a loss.

This
Originally posted by cciowa:
you guys are harping about the quarterback... do you not get it?? did you not see the s**thole defense played today against a bottom tier team? you can whistle past the end zone if you want but this team has some concerns, defense, special teams, pass protection, penalties, shaky kicker. the quarterback is the least of our worries today.

Calm down! Already commented on the D and they have been having issues lately, but I hope it's just the mid-season blues. If other teams have caught up with what we do...yikes! I agree with those who are pointing out that the DBs seem to slow to cover the quicker WRs.

On the good side, CK played three quarters without a turn over, or major snafu, and the team came back to tie. My major concern has been with the run defense and I wonder if that isn't partly due to Aldon being so young and having to play the entire game. Perhaps they need to start subbing in for the DL a bit to keep them fresh.

6-2-1 is still a good record and we will see if they can play better next week.
Originally posted by cciowa:
after today,, our defense stomping anyone is laughable
Keep cool. It were the Rams, could understand that some of our guys werent highly motivated. The Bears are one of the hottest teams right now, thus the motivation should be very high.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
f**k David Akers

It would have been loss if he didn't tie it up in the first place. Blame the D, and more playing not to lose late in the game. I don't know why we didn't just do some designed roll outs for Kap

No, f**k Akers. Yes, we could have played better and won the game in regulation, but Akers only job is to make FG's. That is his only, single responsibility and he missed a chip shot.

41 yards is hardly a chip shot.

By NFL standards it is. The shock in the announcers voice when he missed it says it all.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM ]
Akers was kind of like this game. Made one, missed one on 2 important kicks. Special team gets a D. Defense gets a D. Kaep gets a C for good effort subbing. Offense a C. Gore gets an A.

All my years of watching the Niners, never have to deal with freak'n tie. Rams played a good game. Much respect to those guys.
A game ending in a tie is like f**king your cousin.......it really doesn't count.

What about your 2nd cousin?
I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, But Rogers has become a liability this season.
Originally posted by Mann716:
terrible play calling. I'm starting to really question Roman.

They got stupidly conservative at the wrong moments, even before that Akers FG attempt they could have continued pushing the ball up the field, turned a 41 yd attempt into a 30 yd attempt....etc. That and after the Rams missed that FG and they got the ball at midfield. For most opposing teams in the NFL, that's put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye time and instead the 49ers went super-conservative and went BACKWARDS. Why not take a shot downfield at that point, especially since the Rams were expecting them to run anyways? Complete a pass 20 yards downfield and now you've got another chance for Akers.
I feel worse than I did when we lost to the Giants.
So how does this s**t go now? Are we 7-2? or 6-2-1? -Are we still two games up in the division, but split in tie-breaker already with the f**king Rams?
Now I know why they have that third spot on teams records. We have now occupied that deserted island with an actual digit. Great. All I can think is that our next showdown with the Rams in their house is going to be a f**king pain to watch. That aside we have a couple brutal games ahead of us. Harbaugh has never lost back to back games with the 9ers so lets pray to holy jesus he keeps that streak going.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Calm down! Already commented on the D and they have been having issues lately, but I hope it's just the mid-season blues. If other teams have caught up with what we do...yikes! I agree with those who are pointing out that the DBs seem to slow to cover the quicker WRs.

On the good side, CK played three quarters without a turn over, or major snafu, and the team came back to tie. My major concern has been with the run defense and I wonder if that isn't partly due to Aldon being so young and having to play the entire game. Perhaps they need to start subbing in for the DL a bit to keep them fresh.

6-2-1 is still a good record and we will see if they can play better next week.
??? What do we do?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
we were lucky to even have this game be a tie....everyone in here talking about the refs costing us the game. That is laughable, we are lucky to walk away with a tie in all honesty

thank god, someone who can see this for what it is
Originally posted by Allx9er:
This s**t is driving me crazy
A game ending in a tie is like f**king your cousin.......it really doesn't count.

Damn right. I've always said that.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, But Rogers has become a liability this season.

He got torched by Amendola...over and over and over all game. 49ers need to figure out how to defend him before they meet in St. Louis in a few weeks.