LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was thinking, maybe the 49ers should rest some of their starters for this game, and start preparing for the the real game vs the Bears on prime time!
Originally posted by verb1der:
I was thinking, maybe the 49ers should rest some of their starters for this game, and start preparing for the the real game vs the Bears on prime time!

This is very important game to WIN! 1st it's division game, next it's an NFC game, and third, we need every win we can get. The Falcons, Bears, Packers, and Giants all will be there at the end. This may be our 'easiest' game on the schedule, but we need this one just as bad as the rest... (actually, the tie-breaker vs. the Bears may be the most important game remaining on the schedule, but you get my drift).
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM ]

Every game matters right now.. especially against a division rival. I can still see them spending a lil extra time preparing for the Bears though.
Not overlooking the Rams at all... i don't care where they stand- a division foe is always going to bring their A-game. We're at home-- which does make me feel comfortable with this game, but i hope we not only win this one, but make a big statement out of our bye week.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This is a warm up to the main course. We got to be hitting on all cylinders going into the Bears.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

This is very important game to WIN! 1st it's division game, next it's an NFC game, and third, we need every win we can get. The Falcons, Bears, Packers, and Giants all will be there at the end. This may be our 'easiest' game on the schedule, but we need this one just as bad as the rest... (actually, the tie-breaker vs. the Bears may be the most important game remaining on the schedule, but you get my drift).

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Every game matters right now.. especially against a division rival. I can still see them spending a lil extra time preparing for the Bears though.

yea you guys are right...I'm just sayin...I would hate to have another Josh Morgan injury in garbage time like the Bucs game last season.

I think the 49ers are going to slaughter the rams, didn't they lose Amendola? Who's up next Chris Givens?...Brian Quick?! oh man, I feel sorry for Sam Bradford he's playing with practice squadders.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

yea you guys are right...I'm just sayin...I would hate to have another Josh Morgan injury in garbage time like the Bucs game last season.

I think the 49ers are going to slaughter the rams, didn't they lose Amendola? Who's up next Chris Givens?...Brian Quick?! oh man, I feel sorry for Sam Bradford he's playing with practice squadders.

I hope we have an ugly win vs the Rams. Don't want any player or coach getting a confident head of steam prior to the Bears game. I want them all to have a sour taste of incompleteness.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If they give Bradford enough time to throw the ball he can make plays. Can't afford to overlook any opponent right now.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Funny thing is, the Rams have a bye too, so we can't even study the opponent on the off week.

thats really rare, i cant remember the last time that happened. (2 teams coming off bye weeks)
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hope we have an ugly win vs the Rams. Don't want any player or coach getting a confident head of steam prior to the Bears game. I want them all to have a sour taste of incompleteness.

I don't think it matters how we play vs. the Rams, the Bears game will be huge. MNF, primetime, 2 of the best NFC teams, playoff seeding,... it will be a big game. We just need to win this week to keep up with the Falcons, Bears, Giants, and Packers.

I don't think it matters how we play vs. the Rams, the Bears game will be huge. MNF, primetime, 2 of the best NFC teams, playoff seeding,... it will be a big game. We just need to win this week to keep up with the Falcons, Bears, Giants, and Packers.

I honestly think any Division game is much more important than any other game. Now factor in that we may play the Bears again in the Playoffs and I don't think we show much vs them. This was obviously displayed in the NYGs game this year. Last year, we gave them everything to adjust on to help beat us.

I know every game is important but you have to think ahead when you are planning on playing teams twice. Even our 2nd divisional games last year were tougher than our 1st matchups.

Im curious about the bears overrated O-line, texans have a good d-line but the game is in Chicago so.... But first the rams, is this the game our D creates 3 plus turnovers, I hope so, catch the ball D !!!!

I honestly think any Division game is much more important than any other game. Now factor in that we may play the Bears again in the Playoffs and I don't think we show much vs them. This was obviously displayed in the NYGs game this year. Last year, we gave them everything to adjust on to help beat us.

I know every game is important but you have to think ahead when you are planning on playing teams twice. Even our 2nd divisional games last year were tougher than our 1st matchups.

That's an interesting take, now that I think about it, all the teams we played 2 times last year responded better against us the second time around.

Seattle: 33-17 to 19-17
Arizona: 23-7 to 19-21
St. Louis: 26-0 to 34-27
Giants: 27-20 to 17-20

There's also another explanation: we opened at home vs. each division opponent, the traveled during the second meeting. And honestly the Giants first game was won on an Carlos Rogers INT to Kendall Hunter TD back-to-back. Interestingly, we open at home vs. the division opponents again this year. Definitely something to look at going forward.

Good Post!
We opened against Arizona in their house this year
Originally posted by tankle104:
We opened against Arizona in their house this year

Brain Fart!
Share 49ersWebzone