LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Which former 49er would you add to this years team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In order of preference:

1) John Brodie or Y.A. Tittle (or even the more recent names Steve Bono or Jeff Garcia) to replace Alex "don't hate me because this franchise keeps giving me new contracts" Smith
2) Deion Sanders to replace OftenLos(t) Rogers
3) John Taylor to replace whoever the hell our #2 WR is (Not so Super Mario / Kyle Willfumble / what's left of Randy Moss)
4) Jesse Sapolu to replace Jonathan "I feel so bad about hitting you that to make it up to you I won't finish my freaking block" Goodwin
5) Charles Haley to replace Brooks (Brooks is a good OLB who still have upside; so I don't see a real need here, Haley was just that good)
With the team as it is now. Steve Young...because he would fit into what JH wants from his QB.
Deion Sanders, that would make a good defense hall of fame!
Primetime!
Garcia, Steve Bono, or hell even Tim Rattay. Because we'd likely win the super bowl easily with even halfway decent QB play.
Ken Dorsey
Bryant Young
John Taylor
Ed McCaffrey
Isaac Bruce
Brent Jones
Charles Hayley
Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wilcox
Jeremy Newberry (remember how dominant he was, however brief that period happened to be as his knees dissolved)
Jesse Sopalu
Leo Nomellini
Bob St. Clair
Jeff Garcia
Merton Hanks

Think that would do.

Didn't see many limits on this.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Oct 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Garcia....Super Bowl for sure

Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Bryant Young
John Taylor
Ed McCaffrey
Isaac Bruce
Brent Jones
Charles Hayley
Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wilcox
Jeremy Newberry (remember how dominant he was, however brief that period happened to be as his knees dissolved)
Jesse Sopalu
Leo Nomellini
Bob St. Clair
Jeff Garcia
Merton Hanks

Think that would do.

Didn't see many limits on this.

I loved BY during his days, always played his heart out, ala Justin Smith. Brent Jones was a hell of a TE. I loved Merton Hanks and his neck, a real good Safety. Garcia was my first QB I liked after Steve Young retired, I became a 49er fan in 1994 ish when we won our last ring.

I never got to see John Taylor play, but of highlights he was a hell of a WR.

Newberry was one of my favorite Centers we have had, also a name for everyone, guy was cut/retired after lockout ended due to numerous injuries, if healthy Eric Heitmann. I loved him at Center, wish he was healthy enough so he wouldn't of been let go.

Bruce never did much for me when he was here for the 1 year. Don't hate the guy, always liked him on the Rams, even though I hated them in the 2000s.
Deion. Deion+Willis+JSmith+Aldon? Championship.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I loved BY during his days, always played his heart out, ala Justin Smith. Brent Jones was a hell of a TE. I loved Merton Hanks and his neck, a real good Safety. Garcia was my first QB I liked after Steve Young retired, I became a 49er fan in 1994 ish when we won our last ring.

I never got to see John Taylor play, but of highlights he was a hell of a WR.

Newberry was one of my favorite Centers we have had, also a name for everyone, guy was cut/retired after lockout ended due to numerous injuries, if healthy Eric Heitmann. I loved him at Center, wish he was healthy enough so he wouldn't of been let go.

Bruce never did much for me when he was here for the 1 year. Don't hate the guy, always liked him on the Rams, even though I hated them in the 2000s.

Bruce in his prime would be a great help to us.
Seeing that passing offense is clearly the weakest link.

Dwight Clark
R.C. Owens
Jeff Garcia
John Taylor
Brent Jones
Freddie Solomon
Gene Washington

Pass rush is the only issue on defense as of right now.

Bryant Young
Charles Haley
Chris Doleman
Fred Dean
Michael Carter
Dave Wilcox

Just because

Ray Wersching
Guy McIntyre
Jesse Sapolu
Randy Cross
Tom Rathman