LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Which retired 49ers player do you wish was in his prime and playing on the team today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Without a doubt it would be Neon Deion. Second...OJ Simpson.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Oct 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM ]
You list Clark as obvious? Amongst guys like Joe, Steve, Rice, and Lott? Clark's awesome, but he had 1 1000 yard season, let's be real, he was never anywhere near the level of those other guys. Also, how is Craig obvious? Gore is better than Craig! I would say Bryant Young (HE should have been listed as an obvious guy, but he wasn't) as that would be the only way I would support running a 4-3 D (RayMac and Aldon at end, BY and Justin inside with Willis, Bowman, and Brooks at LB), Jeremy Newberry, or Neon Deion (even though we have 3 awesome corners, he did afterall win DPOY with us). TO could be a sleeper as perhaps Jimbo would be able to keep him in check.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Without a doubt it would be Neon Deion. Second...OJ Simpson.

IMO there should be a caveat that the player should have been spent at least some time with us when they were in their prime, so it doesn't make much sense to say Simpson, Larry Allen (even though he was pretty beastly in '06), Ted Washington, Kevin Greene, or someone like that.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Steve Young or Montana.

any other player would be irrelevant on today's team.

John Taylor would not be irrelevant.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Jeff Garcia! He would lead this team to a championship.

Steve DeBerg=Championship
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Steve Young or Montana.

any other player would be irrelevant on today's team.

John Taylor would not be irrelevant.

correct, JT can also throw the ball
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Or Leo the Lion.
JULIAN PETERSON. Aldon back to 3rd downs.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Bryant Young

This was my first thought. Ray Mac is solid but could you imagine BY and Justin Smith on the same line?
Originally posted by dbdublin:

Or Leo the Lion.
you mean this guy

How about Jimmy Johnson? Talk about a stud!
[ Edited by pete98146 on Oct 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM ]
Well, if I have to play by the rules, I would pick Deion Sanders. Ok, so he only played part of 1 year, and may not be considered eligible for consideration. If only players that were actually here a while, and in their prime, then TO it is.

1. I would pass on Brent Jones only because we have an elite tight end or 2 now.
2. Same thing applies to oj simpson. He will always be considered a bill, and we have a great backfield.

this should be everyone's answer!

this is all our team needs....we are loaded everywhere!
Originally posted by Afrikan:

this should be everyone's answer!

this is all our team needs....we are loaded everywhere!

You want this bust ?
i know this is just for fun, but it's hard to imagine past players matching up evenly physically to today's players. that said, to me, there is only one player who can still dominate in today's game in my eyes and that's joe cool. he was mr. clutch and that is something that can't be taught. combine that with his smarts and that's a recipe for success in any era. specifically, the QB position.
Share 49ersWebzone