There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eddie Debartolo: A Football Life is on Tonight

I like th ecelabration and Eddie trys to pick up Ronnie and Ronnie falls over and gets up cracking up, Eddie was so down to earth, remmber when Carmen said Eddie hangs with the contrustion workers not the lawyers and finance guys, blue collar! tough guy!
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
I like th ecelabration and Eddie trys to pick up Ronnie and Ronnie falls over and gets up cracking up, Eddie was so down to earth, remmber when Carmen said Eddie hangs with the contrustion workers not the lawyers and finance guys, blue collar! tough guy!

He's making sure his issues are buried
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM ]
A trip down memory lane. You won't see that kind of love for an owner, and vice verse, ever again.Got me all choked up. We were so spoiled.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I have a feeling if Eddie D had stayed as owner he might be seen as a Jerry Jones type. Not sure that type of owner can work with a somewhat level playing field (salary cap).

Whatever it took Im sure he would keep the niners near the top
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan52:

He's making sure his issues are buried
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
A trip down memory lane. You won't see that kind of love for an owner, and vice verse, ever again.Got me all choked up. We were so spoiled.

It got me thinking... the only owner(s) that comes that close to treating their players that way would be Mark Cuban with his Mavs (although easier to give 13-15 guys whatever they want compared to 53). Can anyone think of an owner in sports that comes close to eddie d? Not only caring about the game but being down on the field with them, greeting them in the locker room, caring about them and their families like they were his own, giving them whatever they wanted and needed, etc. Bob Kraft, the Rooney family, Mara family were great owners but not sure they were that dedicated to their players as Eddie was.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM ]
Did anyone else notice how they kept showing that clip in the locker room and Jerry Rice was naked in the background, lulz they had to blur out A LOT

SHowed that clip at least 3-4 times
Did anyone start crying when eddie was talking about Bill?
They STILL picked Warren Sapp 1st ballot over him.....

It was QUALITY TV. I really enjoyed it and it sure brought back some memories.
I truly enjoyed that piece. I remember seeing some of that footage and it looks so old now. It was a well known fact that he treated the team extremely well and it provided a tremendous amount of player loyalty, something that is lost in today's NFL.
The thing haters love with Eddie was when he had to step down and go away for awhile.
BFD, so he caved and paid off some scumbag politician so that he could grow his empire. Give this man a jacket!
Originally posted by robniner:
The thing haters love with Eddie was when he had to step down and go away for awhile.

He went away, but grew the family business after the swap with Denise, so he never hurt financially.
Seen it at least a dozen times...very well done and really captures personality/passion of Eddie D. and the loyalty the players still feel for him.