LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Eddie Debartolo: A Football Life is on Tonight

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lisa Debartolo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowzers!!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
WOW!I just saw part of the end of it. I did not know he threw a party in Vegas for all 5 Superbowl teams! He said they were all family. He cared more about his players and people than any other owner could possibly care these days! Not only was he the best owner ever, he just seems like a great human being overall!

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!!!!!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Recording this at 10p.m. tonight when they replay.

will be watching
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Recording this at 10p.m. tonight when they replay.

will be watching

This. Great watch and Eddie D. was da MAN
Great episode.
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Disp:
Whenever they show Steve Young it says 87-95. How do they get that wrong?

My only thought was that it was archival footage and that the interview took place in 1995. Still, they could've done an easy edit there. All in all a great, great show. Very emotional really.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
My eyes got watery at the end with the ''Eddie!, Eddie! Eddie!'' chant
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Had no idea Bill Walsh felt like an outsider after his last title. Almost like the players liked Eddie more then Bill

Right?!, You can see it too, few player running into Bill like he's some yellow jacket outside the door and the team dumping the cooler on Eddie rather than Bill twice! on the back to back superbowls.
It was tough....

And now people can understand 100% why Bill retired after that game. It's very possible he would have anyways, even if he was showered with love.....but definitely that had to play a role, esp. in a big moment like that.

There also was the whole Sam Wyche thing as well....pretty emotional game for Bill.

I f**king forgot to record this. FML
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I f**king forgot to record this. FML

It's on tomorrow at noon.
Originally posted by VDSF:
My eyes got watery at the end with the ''Eddie!, Eddie! Eddie!'' chant

Mine got a little watery when he talked about he and Bill Walshes last conversation on Bill's deathbed.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Had no idea Bill Walsh felt like an outsider after his last title. Almost like the players liked Eddie more then Bill

I used to think that is what he meant. after re-watching Amerca's game multiple times though, i really think Walsh meant that in the sense that he knew he was retiring, no one else did, and he immediately felt like an outsider because he was no longer a part of the 49ers.
I was only 8 when Eddie lost the team in 2000 but what a great owner! I hope Jed is half the owner he was! Jed seems to be doing a great job and is on how way to making his own legacy here! Here's to Jed an the niners going on another 20 year rampage. *cheers*!!
Share 49ersWebzone