There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone going to Seattle for the game?

Originally posted by mo_hawk:
IMO most fans here in seattle will be respectful. It's going to rub any fan base the wrong way when you show up at their stadium but if you give off a vibe that you're just there to be respectful to the home team fans and watch a good football game and root for your team without being obnoxious I think you'll have a good time, and if someone makes it a bad experience for you then shame on them. I'm hawks season ticket holder and I only have a problem with other team's fans when they are mouthy.

I was in SF last thursday for this game, me and my cousin rocking our hawks jerseys, overall I must say we got a lot less grief than we wer expecting. the Fans sitting around us in UR44 section gave us an expected hard time but were actually really cool folks and we had a good time. The dude sitting behind my cousin (both of us dudes) made the joke "You guys will love the new stadium - plenty of women's bathrooms", and we laughed because we can take a joke. I pointed out that I hope that they put in a bigger TV than the 32 inch "jumbotron" you guys have at one end of your stadium, and also can afford light bulbs..what's up with that tiny screen at one end of the field you can't even read/see and when was the last time anyone went up t change out some of those stadium lights??? Definitely about time for your new building.

Anyways overall your experience is probably going to come down to how you roll with the punches and what you expect, you often get the kind of response you go in expecting. Self fullfilling prophecy. Have a sense of humor, expect to have a good time, expect to get hassled in enemy territory. If anyone's dumping food/beer on your pricey jerseys let the security staff know, you'll deserve all the verbal grief you get being fans of another team but nobody deserves to be physically hassled whether that's fists or food ruining their gear.

The ONLY criticism I could possibly muster for SF fans - what's with you dudes and your mouthy girlfriends? Holysmokes. Seems like most of the dudes down there were super laid back and stuff but the girlfriends were mouuuuuthy. That part of the culture or what?

That is NOT my experience in Seattle. I took my then 12 year old daughter to a game up there a couple years back. I had a guy start by being obnoxious, which is expected. Then it was sharing his beer with his 5 year old. Then he just about jammed his finger in my eye after a big play. I told him to stay in his own space, and to let me and my daughter enjoy the game, which almost started a fight. He went a few rows back to his buddies for a while, and I ended up with beer all down my back late in the game. I wasn't jeering, or being loud. I was just trying to watch the game with my kid. The Hawks were winning a blow out, and they weren't even classy enough to let a guy and his daughter sit there and watch the game.

Then there were the people sitting directly in front of me and my daughter. They were sitting on the backs of their seats, which takes up our standing space and made it so my daughter couldn't see at all. I asked them to either stand or sit on their seats several times. They would for about 2 minutes, then get right back up.

Security was worthless. I think they like seeing visiting fans treated like crap.

From my experience, most Hawk fans are puke. They treat their visitors like trash and get away with it. I'm sure there are some decent fans, but they are few and far between in my experience.
I'll be there......

via HD of coures...
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
IMO most fans here in seattle will be respectful. It's going to rub any fan base the wrong way when you show up at their stadium but if you give off a vibe that you're just there to be respectful to the home team fans and watch a good football game and root for your team without being obnoxious I think you'll have a good time, and if someone makes it a bad experience for you then shame on them. I'm hawks season ticket holder and I only have a problem with other team's fans when they are mouthy.

I was in SF last thursday for this game, me and my cousin rocking our hawks jerseys, overall I must say we got a lot less grief than we wer expecting. the Fans sitting around us in UR44 section gave us an expected hard time but were actually really cool folks and we had a good time. The dude sitting behind my cousin (both of us dudes) made the joke "You guys will love the new stadium - plenty of women's bathrooms", and we laughed because we can take a joke. I pointed out that I hope that they put in a bigger TV than the 32 inch "jumbotron" you guys have at one end of your stadium, and also can afford light bulbs..what's up with that tiny screen at one end of the field you can't even read/see and when was the last time anyone went up t change out some of those stadium lights??? Definitely about time for your new building.

Anyways overall your experience is probably going to come down to how you roll with the punches and what you expect, you often get the kind of response you go in expecting. Self fullfilling prophecy. Have a sense of humor, expect to have a good time, expect to get hassled in enemy territory. If anyone's dumping food/beer on your pricey jerseys let the security staff know, you'll deserve all the verbal grief you get being fans of another team but nobody deserves to be physically hassled whether that's fists or food ruining their gear.

The ONLY criticism I could possibly muster for SF fans - what's with you dudes and your mouthy girlfriends? Holysmokes. Seems like most of the dudes down there were super laid back and stuff but the girlfriends were mouuuuuthy. That part of the culture or what?

That is NOT my experience in Seattle. I took my then 12 year old daughter to a game up there a couple years back. I had a guy start by being obnoxious, which is expected. Then it was sharing his beer with his 5 year old. Then he just about jammed his finger in my eye after a big play. I told him to stay in his own space, and to let me and my daughter enjoy the game, which almost started a fight. He went a few rows back to his buddies for a while, and I ended up with beer all down my back late in the game. I wasn't jeering, or being loud. I was just trying to watch the game with my kid. The Hawks were winning a blow out, and they weren't even classy enough to let a guy and his daughter sit there and watch the game.

Then there were the people sitting directly in front of me and my daughter. They were sitting on the backs of their seats, which takes up our standing space and made it so my daughter couldn't see at all. I asked them to either stand or sit on their seats several times. They would for about 2 minutes, then get right back up.

Security was worthless. I think they like seeing visiting fans treated like crap.

From my experience, most Hawk fans are puke. They treat their visitors like trash and get away with it. I'm sure there are some decent fans, but they are few and far between in my experience.

Sorry man... that sounds awful. Shameful to pick on someone who can't act obnoxious back because their kid is with them. Worthless people

I went up to Seattle a few years ago when the Niners lost 34-0 or something like that. Seahawks fans were pretty cool with the exception of the ones with face paint. From what I found, if you find a Seahawks fan with face paint, you can sum him up to being an a*****e...
Seahawks were a endangered species in the 90's. They are a phony group who only care when their team is winning, Look no further then the current Mariner, Ty Willingham era Huskies, and the Sonics...oh wait they sucked so bad they actually lost that team lol. Seattle fans are bandwagoners.
Lol calling us bandwagon fans? Guess ur hypocritical like ur HC.
Last time I was down there for a game I swear I met every jackass SF fan there was. Ppl throwing things and making threats. All ya gotta do is look.in the news to see what kind of fans SF has. Stabbing and shooting each other. In my experience, if u keep to yourself and just wat h the game without taunting anyone u should b fine. I tried that but I've yet to meet a classy SF fan.in person. Rare breed I guess.

I hope your visit is fun and no one hassles u too much. But anyone deserves a little jesting in enemy territory. Hope for a good game and a SF loss
Originally posted by hawk4lyfe:
Lol calling us bandwagon fans? Guess ur hypocritical like ur HC.
Last time I was down there for a game I swear I met every jackass SF fan there was. Ppl throwing things and making threats. All ya gotta do is look.in the news to see what kind of fans SF has. Stabbing and shooting each other. In my experience, if u keep to yourself and just wat h the game without taunting anyone u should b fine. I tried that but I've yet to meet a classy SF fan.in person. Rare breed I guess.

I hope your visit is fun and no one hassles u too much. But anyone deserves a little jesting in enemy territory. Hope for a good game and a SF loss
The sad Seahawk franchise has never won anything in their entire existence. Seahawk fan sightings before 2003, give me a dam break, yeah right there was.

Divisional records for the 49ers and Seahawks since realignment:
W - L
Seahawks 37-23
49ers 34-26

Even with the 49ers having bad seasons, the Seahawks didn't "dominate" as much as they think they have.
[ Edited by NinerTeam on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM ]
Preemptive strike before you speak about division titles.