LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Anyone going to Seattle for the game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just got my tickets to the Dec. 23rd game, and wondering if there will be a presence there.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i go every year
Originally posted by THEB:
i go every year

How is the atmosphere there? Are there many niner fans? I just moved, and am extremely excited to see a live niner game at this venue
Tim Lincecum
I'll be there.

Atmosphere is decent... Tailgating is weak compared to the stick... Theres usually a decent number of niner fans about.

Wheres everyone sitting?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by THEB:
i go every year

How is the atmosphere there? Are there many niner fans? I just moved, and am extremely excited to see a live niner game at this venue

I was there for the Packers/Hawks game.

Decent number of Packers fans, great venue, LOUD as hell, mostly nice Seahawk fans with a couple a*****es mixed in, area around the stadium is great for pre-game drinking.
I always go to this game as I'm a niners fan living in the Seattle area. The Seahawk fans are probably the most rude in the league... still have nachos cheese stains on the back of my Gore Jersey from the year we won with a walk-off field goal (2006/2007?). Lots of Niners fans will be there; folks around here tend to forget that everyone rooted for the Niners or the Raiders before the Hawks even existed. There are many 49er faithful that have stood the test of time!
[ Edited by mattster03 on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM ]
Yup, I'll be there.
trying to, work is crazy so idk if i'll be able to get the 22/23rd off since i'll have a 5-6 hr drive. usually try to get tix in the 309 area.
I'll Be there

Originally posted by mattster03:
I always go to this game as I'm a niners fan living in the Seattle area. The Seahawk fans are probably the most rude in the league... still have nachos cheese stains on the back of my Gore Jersey from the year we won with a walk-off field goal (2006/2007?). Lots of Niners fans will be there; folks around here tend to forget that everyone rooted for the Niners or the Raiders before the Hawks even existed. There are many 49er faithful that have stood the test of time!

That's a bad deal, I might just get thrown out if someone spills on my jersey

As far as rude fans, Try being one of like 10 niners in the hawks nest, That was fun
  • THEB
  • Veteran
The atmosphere really depends on where you sit. If youre down low and on the sidelines, youll get the "hardcore" seahawk fan that will probably try to puke on your 9er jersey after he gets too drunk from the pity party that seahawk fans are throwing for their terrible team. If you sit up higher, youll get the casual hippie fan that is friendly, but sort of condescending at the same time that makes you want to throw them down a few rows of seats.

I get my seats in the standing room only section because then the ushers dont make you sit down because youre a 9er fan.
IMO most fans here in seattle will be respectful. It's going to rub any fan base the wrong way when you show up at their stadium but if you give off a vibe that you're just there to be respectful to the home team fans and watch a good football game and root for your team without being obnoxious I think you'll have a good time, and if someone makes it a bad experience for you then shame on them. I'm hawks season ticket holder and I only have a problem with other team's fans when they are mouthy.

I was in SF last thursday for this game, me and my cousin rocking our hawks jerseys, overall I must say we got a lot less grief than we wer expecting. the Fans sitting around us in UR44 section gave us an expected hard time but were actually really cool folks and we had a good time. The dude sitting behind my cousin (both of us dudes) made the joke "You guys will love the new stadium - plenty of women's bathrooms", and we laughed because we can take a joke. I pointed out that I hope that they put in a bigger TV than the 32 inch "jumbotron" you guys have at one end of your stadium, and also can afford light bulbs..what's up with that tiny screen at one end of the field you can't even read/see and when was the last time anyone went up t change out some of those stadium lights??? Definitely about time for your new building.

Anyways overall your experience is probably going to come down to how you roll with the punches and what you expect, you often get the kind of response you go in expecting. Self fullfilling prophecy. Have a sense of humor, expect to have a good time, expect to get hassled in enemy territory. If anyone's dumping food/beer on your pricey jerseys let the security staff know, you'll deserve all the verbal grief you get being fans of another team but nobody deserves to be physically hassled whether that's fists or food ruining their gear.

The ONLY criticism I could possibly muster for SF fans - what's with you dudes and your mouthy girlfriends? Holysmokes. Seems like most of the dudes down there were super laid back and stuff but the girlfriends were mouuuuuthy. That part of the culture or what?
Originally posted by mo_hawk:
IMO most fans here in seattle will be respectful. It's going to rub any fan base the wrong way when you show up at their stadium but if you give off a vibe that you're just there to be respectful to the home team fans and watch a good football game and root for your team without being obnoxious I think you'll have a good time, and if someone makes it a bad experience for you then shame on them. I'm hawks season ticket holder and I only have a problem with other team's fans when they are mouthy.

I was in SF last thursday for this game, me and my cousin rocking our hawks jerseys, overall I must say we got a lot less grief than we wer expecting. the Fans sitting around us in UR44 section gave us an expected hard time but were actually really cool folks and we had a good time. The dude sitting behind my cousin (both of us dudes) made the joke "You guys will love the new stadium - plenty of women's bathrooms", and we laughed because we can take a joke. I pointed out that I hope that they put in a bigger TV than the 32 inch "jumbotron" you guys have at one end of your stadium, and also can afford light bulbs..what's up with that tiny screen at one end of the field you can't even read/see and when was the last time anyone went up t change out some of those stadium lights??? Definitely about time for your new building.

Anyways overall your experience is probably going to come down to how you roll with the punches and what you expect, you often get the kind of response you go in expecting. Self fullfilling prophecy. Have a sense of humor, expect to have a good time, expect to get hassled in enemy territory. If anyone's dumping food/beer on your pricey jerseys let the security staff know, you'll deserve all the verbal grief you get being fans of another team but nobody deserves to be physically hassled whether that's fists or food ruining their gear.

The ONLY criticism I could possibly muster for SF fans - what's with you dudes and your mouthy girlfriends? Holysmokes. Seems like most of the dudes down there were super laid back and stuff but the girlfriends were mouuuuuthy. That part of the culture or what?

those are the ride or die bay area females lmao
The world is ending December 21 bro
Share 49ersWebzone