There are 151 users in the forums

Who would you like to see as 3rd Down Back/ Check down back

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you like to see as 3rd Down Back/ Check down back

leave the carries for frank. throw it to hunter
gore just isnt very explosive in the open field.

hunter is has incredible acceleration, but LMJ would be the most fun to watch (and dangerous) IMO
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LaMichael James! Deactivate Celek and lets get this guy in pads.

There's an idea. If Celek is more game ready than LaMichael James, something is really wrong. Unless Celek is on special teams, there is no reason for this to not happen.

It's entirely possible that James is having a hard time blocking in the NFL. I'm not sure if he did a lot of that in college? If its one thing I know, no matter what your position is on offense, you must be able to block on this team. Oh yeah, and Frank Gore is averaging 5.8 ypc, while hunter is 5 ypc. Thats a lot for a rookie to overcome.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
It's entirely possible that James is having a hard time blocking in the NFL. I'm not sure if he did a lot of that in college? If its one thing I know, no matter what your position is on offense, you must be able to block on this team. Oh yeah, and Frank Gore is averaging 5.8 ypc, while hunter is 5 ypc. Thats a lot for a rookie to overcome.

I agree James is probably having difficulties with blocking give him a year to get stronger, learn from frank and hunter. and he will hopefully be a dangerous weapon forus next year. as for this year i would like to see hunter be ourprimary receiving threat as a rb dude is shifty
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Oct 21, 2012 at 1:16 PM ]
Been saying all season that we need to work in the screen and outlet to the HB more often to bring up the safety's.

James would be great in that role, dude is killer on lb's one on one and could rack up some serious YAC!
Originally posted by rk1642:
Been saying all season that we need to work in the screen and outlet to the HB more often to bring up the safety's.

James would be great in that role, dude is killer on lb's one on one and could rack up some serious YAC!

maybe in college
Share 49ersWebzone