LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Who would you like to see as 3rd Down Back/ Check down back

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you like to see as 3rd Down Back/ Check down back

Gore did a unbelievable job last night catching every ball that was thrown to him, but i get this feeling about james would be more explosive after the catch.....who would you like to see?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ride the tank until the wheels fall off.
Jacobs
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Jacobs

Passing situations only
LaMichael James! Deactivate Celek and lets get this guy in pads.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Ride the tank until the wheels fall off.

um tanks dont have wheels. But I would say Hunter or James
Frank Gore is.
Originally posted by niners9ers:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Jacobs

Passing situations only

If thats the case hunter, james or stud. More importantly i want the niners to develop a system so opposing D cant key on any rb package as a key to intentions.

I think a screen to jacobs on 2nd and short would be a great play.....just saying
Roger Craig
Gore cuz he's proven but I would love to see lmj soon but I know jh has a plan and when its time we will see him....go niners

Thanks for the "Non-Alex" post.

As to your question - It's still early and I'd like to see what Jacobs, LMJ & Jennings can do.

We know the coaches see them all the time in practice and it is and should all be about winning. Yet, I'd sure like to see what we've been paying for with these guys.
I would like to James.....but thats because he hasnt seen the field yet....no love for Dixon????
In my opinion, in terms of pass-catching out of the backfield, I like LaMichael James, Kendall Hunter, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs (in that order).

However, a huge component of being that 3rd down back is pass-blocking, and Gore has that down better than any of our 'backs.
Nvm...
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LaMichael James! Deactivate Celek and lets get this guy in pads.

There's an idea. If Celek is more game ready than LaMichael James, something is really wrong. Unless Celek is on special teams, there is no reason for this to not happen.
Share 49ersWebzone